Christ Crucified

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bling

May 5, 2009
[SIZE=medium]Christ Crucified[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1. Is Christ Crucified described by Paul, Peter, Jesus, John and the Hebrew writer as a ransom type payment?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2. Paul preached 18 months in Corinth and said: 1 Cor. 2: 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. So did Paul preach every time on Christ crucified or some on Christ crucified and some on just Christ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Christ said before his actual death: “It is finished” so was the crucifixion finished or is the going to be with God (death) included in the dying on the cross?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4. Can you preach: “Christ crucified” and not mention at least one of the following: atonement, atoning sacrifice, ransom, propitiation, expiation, crucified and/or redemption? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5. How is “preaching a proclaiming of Christ Crucified” differ from “preaching Christ crucified”?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]6. When was the last time you heard a sermon on “Christ Crucified”? What was said and how often is the subject preached in your church?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]7. Is an understanding of Christ crucified an understanding of the milk of the gospel or is it a meaty subject? Why?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]8. How much does the fact that there are only “theories” to explain atonement keep preachers from addressing the subject? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]9. Does your denomination have an “explanation” everyone agrees on for atonement?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]10. What do we learn or not learn about God, Love, Christ, sin, forgiveness, redemption, justification, righteousness, being made holy and the new covenant, by not truly understanding the atonement sacrifice? [/SIZE]

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
bling said:
[SIZE=medium]Christ Crucified[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1. Is Christ Crucified described by Paul, Peter, Jesus, John and the Hebrew writer as a ransom type payment?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2. Paul preached 18 months in Corinth and said: 1 Cor. 2: 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. So did Paul preach every time on Christ crucified or some on Christ crucified and some on just Christ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Christ said before his actual death: “It is finished” so was the crucifixion finished or is the going to be with God (death) included in the dying on the cross?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4. Can you preach: “Christ crucified” and not mention at least one of the following: atonement, atoning sacrifice, ransom, propitiation, expiation, crucified and/or redemption? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5. How is “preaching a proclaiming of Christ Crucified” differ from “preaching Christ crucified”?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]6. When was the last time you heard a sermon on “Christ Crucified”? What was said and how often is the subject preached in your church?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]7. Is an understanding of Christ crucified an understanding of the milk of the gospel or is it a meaty subject? Why?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]8. How much does the fact that there are only “theories” to explain atonement keep preachers from addressing the subject? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]9. Does your denomination have an “explanation” everyone agrees on for atonement?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]10. What do we learn or not learn about God, Love, Christ, sin, forgiveness, redemption, justification, righteousness, being made holy and the new covenant, by not truly understanding the atonement sacrifice? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus came and died on the cross so people could defeat Satan/sin. Jesus wanted obedient people to live with him in his kingdom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If God wanted disobedient people to live with him had would not have needed to come and die on the cross. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “[/SIZE]
If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them

[SIZE=16pt]. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies--------“[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 7:21-23) “I[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]t is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”[/SIZE]

bling

May 5, 2009
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus came and died on the cross so people could defeat Satan/sin. Jesus wanted obedient people to live with him in his kingdom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If God wanted disobedient people to live with him had would not have needed to come and die on the cross. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]So are you saying the Ransom was paid to satan? Or was it paid to some intangible like death or sin?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]How does Christ crucifixion help us defeat satan?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Do Christians automatically quit sinning? [/SIZE]

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
bling said:
[SIZE=medium]So are you saying the Ransom was paid to satan? Or was it paid to some intangible like death or sin?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]How does Christ crucifixion help us defeat satan?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Do Christians automatically quit sinning? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]No I am not saying any such thing. I am saying Jesus was our sacrifice for all our sins that we committed before we were given the Holy Spirit, and the grace to defeat Satan/sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Without the Holy Spirit a person is helpless, and will continue to sin. Paul told us that in Romans seven, and eight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]People talk about what Paul said in Romans seven as if he was telling us he still was struggling with sin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]What Paul was doing is telling people just how impossible it is to not sin without God making it happen. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Paul in Romans eight tells us how God made it so one will not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]New Jerusalem Bible [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8: 4-5) “This was so that the Law's requirements might be fully satisfied in us as we direct our lives not by our natural inclinations but by the Spirit.”[/SIZE]

bling

May 5, 2009
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]No I am not saying any such thing. I am saying Jesus was our sacrifice for all our sins that we committed before we were given the Holy Spirit, and the grace to defeat Satan/sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Without the Holy Spirit a person is helpless, and will continue to sin. Paul told us that in Romans seven, and eight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]People talk about what Paul said in Romans seven as if he was telling us he still was struggling with sin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]What Paul was doing is telling people just how impossible it is to not sin without God making it happen. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Paul in Romans eight tells us how God made it so one will not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]New Jerusalem Bible [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8: 4-5) “This was so that the Law's requirements might be fully satisfied in us as we direct our lives not by our natural inclinations but by the Spirit.”[/SIZE]
Why can we not just get the indwelling portion of the Holy Spirit without have Christ go to the cross?
Could Christ have just died and rose three days later?

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
bling said:
Why can we not just get the indwelling portion of the Holy Spirit without have Christ go to the cross?
Could Christ have just died and rose three days later?
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus once told me to stop trying to figure him out and just follow him. [/SIZE]

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus once told me to stop trying to figure him out and just follow him. [/SIZE]
Okay, John, despite our differences, that was a good one!! HAHAHA! :lol: That is the meaning of faith. If you have to ask a lot of questions, it's entirely possible you still have doubt and therefor you don't have faith..

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Johnlove said:
Don't know how he is hard to comprehend.

He's pretty cut and dried straightforward.