Christian freedoms

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible clearly forbids and permits certain behaviors. In some situations, it is up to the individual believer.

Romans 14:

22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
1 John 3:

21 Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God
Let the Paraclete teach your conscience.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let the Paraclete teach your conscience.

Tony, our freedom is the consequences of being in a right relationship with God.

Our liberties are established by complying with the "statutes" in everything that we do.

So often people are confused by the fine line that divides our freedom from our liberties.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tony, our freedom is the consequences of being in a right relationship with God.

Our liberties are established by complying with the "statutes" in everything that we do.

So often people are confused by the fine line that divides our freedom from our liberties.
For our edification, would you please elaborate upon those differences?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For our edification, would you please elaborate upon those differences?

Freedom is a spiritual state of being. Our liberties are defined by the statutes as set out in the scriptures, to define what is required for righteousness, and in the state and federal legislation which defines the limitation of what we can and cannot do in our interactions with the people with whom we rub shoulders with.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 5:13 For ye—to freedom ye were called, brethren, only not the freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through the love serve ye one another,
Gal 5:14 for all the law in one word is fulfilled—in this: 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;'
Gal 5:15 and if one another ye do bite and devour, see—that ye may not by one another be consumed.

Galatians 5:1​

1 In the freedom, then, with which Christ did make you free—stand ye, and be not held fast again by a yoke of servitude;

Galatians 4:5-7
5 that those under law he may redeem, that the adoption of sons we may receive;
6 and because ye are sons, God did send forth the spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, 'Abba, Father!'
7 so that thou art no more a servant, but a son, and if a son, also an heir of God through Christ.

Isaiah 61:1​

1 The Spirit of the Lord Yahava is on me, Because Jehovah did anoint me To proclaim tidings to the humble, He sent me to bind the broken of heart, To proclaim to captives liberty, And to bound ones an opening of bands.

Luke 4:18 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because He did anoint me; To proclaim good news to the poor, Sent me to heal the broken of heart, To proclaim to captives deliverance, And to blind receiving of sight, To send away the bruised with deliverance,

Romans 6:18-22 (YLT)​

18 and having been freed from the sin, ye became servants to the righteousness.
19 In the manner of men I speak, because of the weakness of your flesh, for even as ye did present your members servants to the uncleanness and to the lawlessness—to the lawlessness, so now present your members servants to the righteousness—t sanctification,
20 for when ye were servants of the sin, ye were free from the righteousness,
21 what fruit, therefore, were ye having then, in the things of which ye are now ashamed? for the end of those is death.
22 And now, having been freed from the sin, and having become servants to God, ye have your fruit—to sanctification, and the end life age-during;

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freedom is a spiritual state of being. Our liberties are defined by the statutes as set out in the scriptures, to define what is required for righteousness, and in the state and federal legislation which defines the limitation of what we can and cannot do in our interactions with the people with whom we rub shoulders with.
Thank you for your answer. :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For example?

My "Freedom" you cannot take forcibly from me, yet you can entice me to relinquish my freedom to you.

My "Freedom" is not lost even if you put me in prison, but my liberties are curtailed in that I am not "free" to leave that prison.

Sadly, many consider "freedom" to be the ability to do whatever I like without consideration of what the consequences may be for myself or for other people, however this definition is the definition of "anarchy."

I do not have a "right" to drive a car, but the liberties enshrined within the Law of the land provides me with the privilege to drive a car within the constraints of that liberty granted to me to drive a car.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My "Freedom" you cannot take forcibly from me, yet you can entice me to relinquish my freedom to you.

My "Freedom" is not lost even if you put me in prison, but my liberties are curtailed in that I am not "free" to leave that prison.

Sadly, many consider "freedom" to be the ability to do whatever I like without consideration of what the consequences may be for myself or for other people, however this definition is the definition of "anarchy."

I do not have a "right" to drive a car, but the liberties enshrined within the Law of the land provides me with the privilege to drive a car within the constraints of that liberty granted to me to drive a car.
Great. Thanks for the explanation.