Christian resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]There is but one resurrection allotted per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]which explains why nobody is coming back from the second death depicted[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]at Rev 20:10-15.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Christian resurrection is a bit complicated. It occurs in two distinct phases--[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]a now phase and a later phase (John 5:25). The now phase raises a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]believer's spirit from the dead (John 3:6, Rom 6:3-11) and the later phase[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]raises their body from the dead. (1Cor 15:35-55)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]According to Jesus' testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to Christian resurrection; people who miss the now phase won't be[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]permitted to either see nor enter the kingdom of God when they pass on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]John 3:3 . . Verily, verily, I say unto you: except one be born anew, he[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]cannot see the kingdom of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] John 3:5 . . Verily, verily, I say unto you: except one be born of water[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and The Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Therefore, the now phase isn't optional; no, it's a must.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] John 3:7 . .You should not be surprised at my saying you must be born[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]anew.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Note the language of the Lord's statement below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] John 5:24 . . I assure you, those who listen to my message, and believe[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]their sins, but they have already transferred from death into life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The phrase "already transferred from death into life" is resurrection[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]language. So then, people who have not yet completed the now phase of[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Christian resurrection, are dead on the hoof: they are neither listening to[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus' message nor believing in God; but even more serious: they're in[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]grave danger of a negative verdict at the Great White Throne.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]BTW: Ever notice that the dead are mentioned four times in Rev 20:11-15[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but the living aren't mentioned at all? That's because the living are they who[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]opted into the now phase of Christian resurrection and the dead are those[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]who didn't. Thus Jesus' promise that "they will never be condemned for their[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]sins" doesn't apply to people facing justice at the Great White Throne.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I once heard of a preacher who titled one of his sermons: Millions Now Living[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Will Be Dead In Fifty Years! Another preacher in the same town titled his[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]sermon: Millions Now Living Are Already Dead! Both were correct.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]FAQ: The water Jesus spoke of in John 3:5; does that refer to Christian[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]baptism?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The water Jesus spoke of doesn't refer to an earthly ritual; it pertains to a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]supernatural beverage. See John 4:10-14 and Rev 22:17.[/SIZE]

Buen Camino
[SIZE=10pt]/[/SIZE]

Reactions: clark thompson

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]dripping yellow madness, on 15 May 2013 - 9:29 PM, said: supernatural[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]beverage? like Red Bull?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Water is just as much a beverage as beer and soda pop. But surely you[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]understand that Jesus was speaking with figurative language. For example[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]the statement below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] John 6:53 . . I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The kind of life that Jesus was talking about is eternal life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] John 6:54 . . Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]life[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Was he talking about drinking literal blood? No, of course not. The Old[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Testament strictly forbids the consumption of blood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Gen 9:3-4 . . Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. But you must not[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Lev 7:26-27 . .You shall eat no manner of blood, whether it be of fowl or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]of beast, in any of your dwellings. Whatsoever soul it be that eats any[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The water about which the Lord spoke at John 3:5 and John 4:10-14 isn't[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]literal water; no, it's not that at all. Whatever it is, of one thing we can be[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]certain: imbibers get eternal life from it. Now the advantage of eternal life is[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]that it's a species of life that's impervious to death; therefore, it's[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]impervious to the wages of sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]†.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Rom 6:23 . .The wages of sin is death[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Buen Camino[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]/[/SIZE]

Reactions: clark thompson