Christians: Stop blaming the body for sinning, already.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
"As Christians we must fight against the mighty powers of the flesh." Quote.

One of the most pathetic, childish, and peevish Christian teachings, that is most rightly mocked in the world, is the idiotic idea that our bodies are any kind of source for sinning, and bear any responsibility for any person sinning with the our body.

It's the most degenerate form of modern Christian liberalism: Neither the body nor the gun is the problem. It's only a well-made working tool given by God to do good and glorify Him on earth.

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

The body is not the enemy lying at the door.

I can thank God I did not grow up ever thinking in any way, that my body was any kind of reason for doing wrong. My body never ever guzzled beer without my permission. In fact, I had to make my body keep guzzling, until my poor body just passed out. The body left alone does two things only: Rest and sleep.

My dad would have slapped me silly, if I ever tried to blame my body for doing anything wrong. My Dad was a responsible man, that did not put up with insults to his intelligence.

This pathetic 'sin in the flesh' doctrine is shown by it's own results, that it is made for one purpose only, and that doesn't include knowledge on how not to sin, but the exact opposite. I have never heard this junk from any Christian, that did not also loudly proclaim what sinners they still are, and declare it's impossible to cease sinning with the flesh.

It was made by the devil for the express purpose of keeping people sinning, with a delusional excuse for it. The only Christians living as saints, are those who do not believe nor accept that sinning has anything to do with the nature of the flesh. The only way to cease sinning through the Spirit, is to cease thinking the body has any kind of mind or will of it's own.

If we sin, it's all on us, and it's only the soul that dies by sinning. That is the only truth and mind of Christ that delivers any man, woman, and child from the power of lust and sin in the heart and spirit. The power of the devil is the lie that lusting and sinning is in the flesh and blood of the body.

That sin lying at the door, that God warned Cain about, was any lie of the devil used for Cain to justify his lame sacrifice and corrupt life in God's site. And it only gets all the worse, when such a lie is dressed up under the guise of 'doctrine'. And the worst insult is trying to say it comes from God Himself in the Bible.

The lie of the devil and the world, is that any person ever does anything wrong, because God 'made us that way'. I always wondered why God in James 1 had to defend Himself against such a stupid slander, so that He is actually the tempter of man to sin. I mean, how can any normal human being blame their body or getting drunk, much less God??

Only when I learned of this 'sin nature' rubbish from some Christians, did I realize why God has to make sure in His Bible, that no man ever thinks it's God's fault for man ever sinning with their own bodies.

It wasn't God's fault for Lucifer sinning with his own spirit body, and it certainly isn't God's fault for people sinning with our natural bodies.

How does one really argue with stupid, that says we must fight against the "mighty power of the flesh", in order not to sin against God with our own flesh?? All we Christian saints can do is just mock it for the stupid it is. And tell other Christians to just repent and grow up already, and stop blaming their 'body' for their own continued sinning with the world.

This is exactly why God commands His people not to keep fellowship with certain confessors of Christian faith, so that such stupid stuff does not rub off on us, nor will others think us guilty by association.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"As Christians we must fight against the mighty powers of the flesh." Quote.

One of the most pathetic, childish, and peevish Christian teachings, that is most rightly mocked in the world, is the idiotic idea that our bodies are any kind of source for sinning, and bear any responsibility for any person sinning with the our body.

It's the most degenerate form of modern Christian liberalism: Neither the body nor the gun is the problem. It's only a well-made working tool given by God to do good and glorify Him on earth.

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

It's not the enemy lying at the door.

I can thank God I did not grow up ever thinking in any way, that my body was any kind of reason for doing wrong. My body never ever guzzled beer without my permission. In fact, I had to make my body keep guzzling, until my poor body just passed out. The body left alone does two things only: Rest and sleep.

My dad would have slapped me silly, if I ever tried to blame my body for doing anything wrong. My Dad was a responsible man, that did not put up with insults to his intelligence.

This pathetic 'sin in the flesh' doctrine is shown by results to be made for one purpose only, and that doesn't include knowledge on how not to sin, but the exact opposite. I have never heard this junk from any Christian, that did not also loudly proclaim what sinners they still are, and declare it's impossible to cease sinning with the flesh.

It was made by the devil for the express purpose of keeping people sinning, with a delusional excuse for it. The only Christians living as saints, are those who do not believe nor accept that sinning has anything to do with the nature of the flesh. The only way to cease sinning through the Spirit is to cease thinking the body has any kind of mind or will of it's own.

If we sin, it's all on us, and it's only the soul that dies by sinning. That is the only mind of Christ that delivers any man, woman, and child from the power of lust and sin in the heart and spirit. The power of the devil is the lie that lusting and sinning is in the flesh and blood of the body.

That sin lying at the door, that God warned Cain about, was any lie of the devil used for Cain to justify his lame sacrifice and corrupt life in God's site. And it only gets all the worse, when such a lie is dressed up under the guise of 'doctrine'. And the worst insult is trying to say it comes from God Himself in the Bible.

The lie of the devil and the world, is that any person ever does anything wrong, because God 'made us that way'. I always wondered why God in James 1 had to defend Himself against such a stupid slander, so that He is actually the tempter of man to sin. I mean, how can any normal human being blame their body or getting drunk, much less God??

Only when I learned of this 'sin nature' rubbish from some Christians, did I realize why God has to make sure in His Bible, that no man ever thinks it's God's fault for man ever sinning with their own bodies.

It wasn't God's fault for Lucifer sinning with his own spirit body, and it certainly isn't God's fault for people sinning with our natural bodies.

How does one really argue with the stupid, that says we must fight against the "mighty power of the flesh", in order not to sin against God with our own flesh?? All we Christian saints can do is just mock it for the stupid it is. And tell other Christians to just repent and grow up already, and stop blaming their 'body' for their own continued sinning with the world.

This is exactly why God commands His people not to keep fellowship with certain confessors of Christian faith, so that such stupid stuff does not rub off on us, nor will we have any guilt by association.
Please explain what Paul meant by" But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion." You know... 1 Cor 7:9

It is NOT the BODY that burns with passion .... most likely from outside and unwanted stimuli?

Not everyone can or will marry. But that does not stop the body. Often when one is almost asleep or awakes early in the morning.

Certainly it isn't God's fault for people sinning with our natural bodies.

HOWEVER: God did make the human form and every emotion and feeling that it experiences.

In vs 7:5 Paul says... Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Yet not all will marry, but all will have issues from time to time even with denial of including another human being , and it is sin.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Please explain what Paul meant by" But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion." You know... 1 Cor 7:9
The heart and soul of man has passion. Not the body. The body has nerve feeling of pain, cold, heat, etc... just like any naturally made creature on earth.

The only difference between bodies of man and beast is the shape. Beasts do not commit murder.

It is NOT the BODY that burns with passion .... most likely from outside and unwanted stimuli?
No from inward passion of the person.

We are not a product of our environment, as the humanists teach, unless we allow it.

If man was a product of our environment, then Adam and Eve would have never sinned, and Jesus would have sinned.
Not everyone can or will marry. But that does not stop the body. Often when one is almost asleep or awakes early in the morning.

Certainly it isn't God's fault for people sinning with our natural bodies.
James 1 is written specifically to rebuke those that say God is the tempter of man to sin, because some say He 'makes us that way".

The old traditional Christian lie of man made with sin nature, is nothing but Christian sinners making excuse for continued sinning while naming Christ. They use the lie to make another self-justifying lie, that it is therefore impossible to cease sinning and walk as Jesus walked.

Their doctrine is simply from a heart of unbelief, because they do not repent of all their sins and trespasses before 'believing' Jesus is the Christ. Their gospel is believe first, then repent in part later. It's not the gospel of the Bible to repent first to have faith toward God.

Their faith is not from Jesus, but from their own old unconverted hearts and defiled minds.

HOWEVER: God did make the human form and every emotion and feeling that it experiences.
Feeling of any naturally made creature yes. Emotions are from man made in God's image. Animals don't cry nor laugh like God and man.

Jesus wept.

In vs 7:5 Paul says... Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

True. Men and women can make such decisions, not beasts of the field.
Yet not all will marry, but all will have issues from time to time even with denial of including another human being , and it is sin.
If you're talking about fornication, that is sin. As Paul says, it's sinning against our own bodies.

Bodies don't sin, people sin with bodies. Animals don't sin.

Doing good or evil is spiritual in nature, because it is from being made in the image of God with thought, intent, and imagination to do good or evil.

Animals don't commit sin nor do righteousness, because they have no souls and hearts created in God's image to make such decisions. Animals don't ponder.

Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

The natural man says there is no soul nor God. They take for granted the greatest proof of God on earth and being created in His image: We think.

Some Christians try to make being created in God's image, God's fault for man sinning by choosing to do evil rather than good.

Natural minded Christians try to blame their bodies for it, and so make Christ the tempter of man sinning, by 'imputing sin' into man's natural flesh and blood.

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:

Grass doesn't think, plan, nor imagine anything. Grass isn't good nor evil, but is just grass. And the body is just as grass from the dust.

When God told Adam he was just dust, He was speaking of how Adam made himself just dust by choosing to walk after his flesh, and not after the Spirit of God.

He subjected his soul to the body, by subjecting his body to sin. He served the creature, rather than the Creator. Animals only obey the natural law of God. Only man can disobey natural law and do that which the body is not made for.

All this Bible teaching (that any self-responsible unbeliever understands) is made necessary just to counter delusional self-justifying Christian teaching: The body has nothing to say about what it does. The body has no will of it's own. The body made by Christ does not lust and tempt man to sin with it. Man made in the image of God has power to lust and tempt himself to sin against God with the body.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
And masturbation?
What about it? The only transgression against God is written in the law of God.

I don't see anything about it at all in the Bible. And I've learned not to 'fill in the details', nor read between the lines, like other law-making preachers and self-absorbed judges do.

The 'sin of Onan' was defrauding the wife, not masturbation.

Like eating meat and drinking wine, it's a personal decision of faith.