Chronicles of Narnia...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious as to the opinions and comments on this movie. Who saw the movie? If you saw it, do you think the movie kept to the original storyline by CS Lewis and do you think it portrayed the same message that he originally intended for it to portray?I'll share my thoughts later.

Jesse

Apr 2, 2006
overrated. Not nearly as good as what people made it out to be. It was decent, and better than the old ones, but I was disapointed.

ArmyMissionary

Apr 2, 2006
I was somewhat dissapointed also, it followed the sory line quite well, but it was way tooo short. I think that it portrayed a good message, but not the message that C.S. Lewis, wanted it to portray.

Kelvin007

Feb 17, 2006
I have not seen this movie yet. I read and heard many things about this movie to where I may have seen the movie without seeing it. It looks like a movie that I may get on DVD one day. I have not read the book either.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say I was impressed with the movie. I thought that it did a pretty decent job of getting the message through though it could have perhaps been a little stronger.It was short, but I'm not a huge fan of making movies too long.
biggrin.gif

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I am a huge Lewis fan. I enjoyed the movie very much. One of the strong points was the musical score. It was rather short, but you have to remember, CON was written for a younger audience (and the young in heart like myself) and did not get into the depth that LOtR did. On another note, I made the mistake of pre-ordering the DVD thinking I would get it sooner. Boy was I wrong; it's not getting here until the 13th. Ugg!

Kelvin007

Feb 17, 2006
I've seen the movie Friday and today in Spanish class. I don't think we will get to finish watching it. I really like it. I would have to sit down and get into to actually see and know what's going on. I finally got to see the talking lion.

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
I personally haven't seen the movie yet- but plan to.Going to look into it this coming week, though.Aaron

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's worth the time when you can get around to it. I personally like LoTR better as both a storyline and movie but this one is not bad at all.

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
I'm not a big LoTR person- tried to get into it, but for some reasonI just couldn't-- no matter how I approached it.Aaron

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
They've already started filming the second installment, Prince Caspian, which is book number 4 in Lewis' preferred published order of CoN.

ChristChild

May 4, 2006
Compared to some of the movies I've seen, it was really well done. It wasn't what I expected and I was a little disappointed, but then, I always have very high expectations... nevertheless, I thought it was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.