cHURCH ARM TWISTING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greatest I Am

Jan 7, 2007
Many have questions about sacrements and other requiremennts of their church.Churches over time have used many rites and rituals and what have you , to strenghthen the bond between it and it's members.There is no writen moral document that indicates that any ritual is a nessasery for salvation.Your freedom of choice is what should rule in these maters.RegardsDL

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
AS Stated many many times on this site Christianity is a way of life not a religion Christianity is simply the belief in the Bible as the word of God that there is one God and Christ is the Son/attonited of God. All religion is of man, by men, for men which isn't a statement for or against religion simply a fact

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AS Stated many many times on this site Christianity is a way of life not a religion Christianity is simply the belief in the Bible as the word of God that there is one God and Christ is the Son/attonited of God. All religion is of man, by men, for men which isn't a statement for or against religion simply a fact
I think to get yourselves a tax exemption you'll consider yourself a religion, whoever you are as a group or congregation.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have questions about sacrements and other requiremennts of their church. ...
Yes.
Like, "What just happened here?"

The prospect has the gospel explained to them. They decide that they want the "free gift" of eternal life.
So they say the prayer. And what happens next?

They are expected to go to church weekly, give of their resources, participate in church activities, and serve.
Looks like there were some strings attached to that "free gift".

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The rites and rituals were introduced by men as a means of controlling people. A classic example is the role of the catholic priest who is given powers that others do not have so that the priest has control over the others. When I worked in the catholic education system, I became very aware how much some people were in absolute awe of the priest and made him the centre of the truth and the life so nothing could be done without his approval.

The NT church had its leaders and they were not pastors, but their main activity was meeting together to break bread which means eating a meal together. No one preached at them as growth was based on sharing and discussing.

God knew what he was doing as the educational experts are cognizance of the fact that one does not retain anything past 20 minutes so most sermons are a waste of time.

Reactions: St. SteVen