CIA ‘warns Iran will attack Israel within 48 hours’ as revenge for consulate strike

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.
Byzantines weren't actually Rome or Romans.
I posted a link that explains that fact. Thank you for reinterating that historical fact.

From that link:
"Throughout their history, the Byzantines rarely controlled Rome and spoke mainly Greek. Despite this, the people of Byzantium continued to refer to themselves as "Romans,"....

....The Byzantine Empire was based at Constantinople (modern-day Istanbul), and at its peak it controlled territory stretching from southern Spain to Syria.

Throughout their history, the Byzantines rarely controlled Rome and spoke mainly Greek. Despite this, the people of Byzantium continued to refer to themselves as "Romans," Timothy Gregory, professor emeritus of History at Ohio State University, wrote in the book "A History of Byzantium" (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010). Their broader empire was considered to be a "Roman" empire even though it rarely controlled Rome. "

My family blood heritage includes an origin in Sweden. I would be remiss if I labeled myself as a Swede.

Referring to themselves as Romans clearly did not men the Byzantine people were Roman.

Reactions: Duck Muscles