Competing in the Games

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i sure have no idea what a mile in his shoes then would have felt like; but at the same time i am glad for this imo Reveal of "saint" Clement, the Upper Class Pope
No matter what anyone might think, I am not anti-Catholic... not absolutely anyway.

I am, I guess, anti-anti-Christ if there is such an expression. If not, maybe I just made one up. Having said that I don't hold up anyone so high as all that. I try to give honor where I believe it is due, but when it concerns someone I have not known personally, how well can I know him? Even Pius XII and John XXIII the two Popes in place while I was an active Catholic are personally way beyond my knowledge... especially when it comes to their heart. Were either of them an anti-Christ? Not to my knowledge... though it would not surprise me to learn that they had some anti-Christ in them, at least times. Even less to my knowledge this Clement! Who but Jesus definitely had a better record than that?
As to someone I have known personally, how well have I known any priests or ministers or pastors or...?

I have great respect for my last old pastor who no longer has a place in that capacity as men understand it, but he also is a man. To him I give the double honor as per the words Paul wrote:

"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine." I Tim 5:17

However, what are the limits of that double honor?

That old man [age 94], who I love as a father, falters and stumbles in his frailties as do all of us. I have had some other pastors in the flesh, [supposedly in the Spirit] , but none of them, if you understand my meaning, held a candle to him.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: Waiting on him