Confession of Hope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:23 (NASB)
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;

When the storms of life appear we have a anchor for the soul which is to be our confession. For the confession to have strength and see us through, it has to be a confession of truth that we have heard or learned from God inwardly. These truth(s) that God has revealed to our inner man, it is these truths that will weather the storms of life. Putting our faith in something that we have not seen inwardly will be like building on sinking sand, it will eventually fail. There will be no abiding strength in that confession, for it is not a firm foundation, for it is not based on what the believer has been taught inwardly by God, but by human reasoning.

For God’s words are Spirit and Life, but they are only Spirit and Life if they come directly from the Spirit of God to the heart of the believer. These are the words that are Spirit and Life, God’s words quickened directly to the heart of each and every believer. These are the words of our confessions. These are the words we are to hold fast to. These words that have been quickened by God Himself to our hearts.

As we grow and mature in Christ these confessions will grow, get deeper, as our relationship with Christ grows. Oh it is a blessed thing to grow into a deeper confession of hope.

“confession of our hope”

Romans 8:24 (NASB)
For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

“For in hope we have been saved”

This is why it is a awesome thing to grow in the hope of our confession, for this is the proof of Christ being formed in us or the fruits of the Spirit being manifested for both truths speak of the same manifestation of Christ being our lives.

For we have been saved in hope, as our personal relationship with Christ grows so does our hope in making our calling and election sure. By virtue and the fruit of this relationship growing our hope in God grows and we know by personal experience that He that has called us is faithful and will complete the work He has begun in us.

Oh the blessedness of a life given up to God that He would be the believers “all in all”

Oh for such a heart as this, let us volunteer before God to say;

“here am I Lord God, be it unto me according to your word”

Revelation 12:11a (NASB)
"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony,~~~~~~~~~~~~”.

~~~(my paraphrase) ~~~

“And they overcame, by the life of the Lamb (in them) and their confession of hope.”~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When the storms of life appear we have a anchor for the soul which is to be our confession. For the confession to have strength and see us through, it has to be a confession of truth that we have heard or learned from God inwardly. These truth(s) that God has revealed to our inner man, it is these truths that will weather the storms of life. Putting our faith in something that we have not seen inwardly will be like building on sinking sand, it will eventually fail. There will be no abiding strength in that confession, for it is not a firm foundation, for it is not based on what the believer has been taught inwardly by God, but by human reasoning.
I absolutely love that. I wish that all Christians would know that.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NotMeSaid:
Pearl Said:
I agree with you both! :) Yes Christ Jesus our Lord & King is our only help, our anchor our hope and refuge, our strong tower, our blessed hope.
sorry guys, I couldn't figure how to quote you both so I just copied it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
NotMeSaid:
Pearl Said:
I agree with you both! :) Yes Christ Jesus our Lord & King is our only help, our anchor our hope and refuge, our strong tower, our blessed hope.
It's stuff like that which builds up and doesn't tear down. Let's hear it for the good guys on here. Blessings.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you Pearl for such warm encouragement. That we might all grow to the full man in Christ

Blessings,

NotMeSaid:
Pearl Said:

Thank you also tzchu2, it blesses my heart to get such a confirmation.

Blessings,

It's stuff like that which builds up and doesn't tear down. Let's hear it for the good guys on here. Blessings.

Thank you again, such kind words.

As we feed our personal relationships with Christ, may the love of Christ be shown and received by all the members of His body.

Blessings to you also, may God grant you a increase of Himself in your innermost being.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;

For God’s words are Spirit and Life, but they are only Spirit and Life if they come directly from the Spirit of God to the heart of the believer. These are the words that are Spirit and Life, God’s words quickened directly to the heart of each and every believer. These are the words of our confessions. These are the words we are to hold fast to. These words that have been quickened by God Himself to our hearts.

As we grow and mature in Christ these confessions will grow, get deeper, as our relationship with Christ grows. Oh it is a blessed thing to grow into a deeper confession of hope.

“confession of our hope”

For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

This is why it is a awesome thing to grow in the hope of our confession, for this is the proof of Christ being formed in us or the fruits of the Spirit being manifested for both truths speak of the same manifestation of Christ being our lives.

For we have been saved in hope, as our personal relationship with Christ grows so does our hope in making our calling and election sure. By virtue and the fruit of this relationship growing our hope in God grows and we know by personal experience that He that has called us is faithful and will complete the work He has begun in us.

Oh the blessedness of a life given up to God that He would be the believers “all in all”

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony,~~~~~~~~~~~~”.

~~~(my paraphrase) ~~~

“And they overcame, by the life of the Lamb (in them) and their confession of hope.”~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessings,

Excellent words of encouragement. :)
Hope is to maturity what faith is to purity. The peace of God comes upon us in two ways...gradually...and suddenly!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent words of encouragement.
Hope is to maturity what faith is to purity. The peace of God comes upon us in two ways...gradually...and suddenly!

Thank you so much for bearing witness, it’s always great to get a confirmation. Brings joy to the heart. :)

So true! Hope and faith are what we are called to.

Blessings,

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

“confession of our hope”

~~~(my paraphrase) ~~~

Blessings,

Hebrews is such an encouraging Epistle!

Reactions: Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent words of encouragement. :)
Hope is to maturity what faith is to purity.

Reminds me of . . .

1 John 3
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Reminds me of . . .

1 John 3
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Much love!
I do appreciate the way remembering the Lord in the Lord's Supper - 1 Corinthians 11.26 - can indeed have this effect.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews is such an encouraging Epistle!

Yes the vail between God and man has been torn down by Christ. Would to God that I, you, we might come to understand what that truly means by experience.

Blessings,

Reactions: farouk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the vail between God and man has been torn down by Christ. Would to God that I, you, we might come to understand what that truly means by experience.

Blessings,

Hi Not me,

I think we get there by believing the written word, then coming to find it's true. Another passage on the vail I love a lot is our sure and steadfast anchor which holds within the vail. And yes, may we all come to know what that really means.

Much love!
mark

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Not me,

I think we get there by believing the written word, then coming to find it's true. Another passage on the vail I love a lot is our sure and steadfast anchor which holds within the vail. And yes, may we all come to know what that really means.

Much love!
mark

Thank you so kindly Mark;

As we growth into the full man in Christ, as per scripture, may we all come as Paul said at the end of his life “that I might know Him”

Our personal relationships with Christ are our lives, may that relationship grow and be enlarged in us, in a new and awesome way.

Blessings,

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you so kindly Mark;

As we growth into the full man in Christ, as per scripture, may we all come as Paul said at the end of his life “that I might know Him”

Our personal relationships with Christ are our lives, may that relationship grow and be enlarged in us, in a new and awesome way.

Blessings,

We never cease to 'grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ' (2 Peter 3).

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We never cease to 'grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ' (2 Peter 3).

Works for me!

Your lips to God’s ears,

“All of Him and nothing of me”

That those words might be made real in my life.

Blessings,

Reactions: farouk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos said:

You should write for card companies :)
"The peace of God comes upon us in two ways...gradually...and suddenly!"
For sure! Although if you think about it...it is so gradual that we do not see it happening right before our eyes...until we do! ♥

Reactions: faithfulness

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Works for me!

Your lips to God’s ears,

“All of Him and nothing of me”

That those words might be made real in my life.

Blessings,

The words governing the Lord's Supper in 1 Cor. 11.26 remind us that we keep moving on, moving forward, 'til He come'.