confession

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i might do strange things if help is refused
So then ask sincerely of the Father for help to overcome evil:

Mt 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mt 7:8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you actually believe that God is going to grant you your request, just because you ask Him
and read Him a couple of verses from the bible? I do not believe God is your Father. How come you
call God your father?

Do you not believe what is written in the scriptures?

Mr 11:23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Jas 4:2
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Where is your faith? Can a person really be a follower of Christ while residing still in unbelief? If a person is in such a place, can he not ask for help... and receive it?

Mr 9:23Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mr 9:24And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

• Love

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you actually believe that God is going to grant you your request, just because you ask Him
and read Him a couple of verses from the bible? I do not believe God is your Father. How come you
call God your father?
Ask the Father in Jesus' name

John 16:23 - And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is speaking to every Born again from above Christian. Pray to the Father in Jesus's name. End your prayers in Jesus name. Bless your food in Jesus name. Pray for healing in the name above all names, Jesus.
Mt 11:15He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why yes, I believe the scriptures. I just don't believe you have any power in them.
But when it comes to talking them, you have the power of hot air. ;)

Mark 7:6
He answered and said unto them,

Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written,
This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Well I will leave you to it then. May God richly bless you as you walk with Him.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not pray to the Father in thy name?
End our prayers in your name? and in thy name
blessed our food? Pray for healing in the name above all names, Jesus?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

:vgood::vgood::vgood:
Unless you are Born again from above and washed in the Blood of the lamb. Like I said in my post.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does He say that in the bible?
Jesus tells the Holy Spirit what to say.

John 16:13 - However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever consider yourself to be self-righteous?
An easy pathway for some perhaps. For me I had too many shortcomings that I recognized. I have had to ask God to help me learning to more often to bite my tongue. He taught me to go to the very bottom every day many years ago. I continue to strive to grow. Hopefully in His eyes there had been improvement.

• Love