"could've done better"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to add two more thoughts if you like. I design houses for a living and once in awhile, after looking back over my design, I think of things I could have done better. But I also have come to realize that I did the best I could at the time and only in retrospect do I see a "better way." I think it is good to look at things in retrospect for a moment, but at the same time, to realize our limitations. We aren't God. I mean, we don't have the ability to know, in advance, which course of action will turn out for the "better." I think God want's me to take stock of my limitations and to embrace them as my personal truth. God has given me the gift of rational thought, which allows me to see "the better" in retrospect. But being a limited creature, I can't always know "the better" in advance.

Second, over time I have come to embrace a particular mental attitude that seems appropriate, which is found in the New Testament.

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

When I draw a house plan for someone, I realize my primary client is the home owner. But as I do the work, I remember Paul's words to do my work heartily as for the Lord rather than for men. This attitude helps me do my best for everyone.
those are good thoughts, yes we make mistakes, we thought we did the best thing but in retrospect, we could've done our best in another way, when in fact our best, wasn't the best we should've done :( but God knows our heart

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes we do become aware that, hey, could've done better with that. .
So we say, Lord, I didn't do that too well, sorry. But I know Lord, and sometimes not as well as I ought, that righteousness is by faith, not by my own strength. Lord, thing is, I really do want to do better. So I leave this in your care. That fella is hard to like. I know I don't have to like him, but I do have to love him. I choose to love him. Help me with that please. Give me your mind, your heart. Change me my Father, make me like you. And bless that fella. Give me an opportunity to share my testimony and the gospel next time we meet. Give him a receptive heart, a curious mind.
In Jesus name, amen.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl