Counting The Omer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sat 6/8/2019 9:58 AM
Just maybe you might be interested in the below if so please let me know, it is an article from our late Pastor. It is also about what we are studying about Gods Holy Convocations. We are at the 48th. day in counting. Thoughts ?

MALCHUT –BECOMING A GOOD KING
By William F Dankenbring

Father we come before you on this 7th wk/final wk of the Omer count as we approach your annual holy day of Pentecost (Shavuot) and thank you for revealing the great meaning of these days.

We thank you for teaching us about counting the Omer and the experience it gives us in working on each of our character flaws and getting rid of character weaknesses so that we might become strong, mighty noble and valiant men and women of God. Help us all become mighty men and women of God living by your commandments, statutes and judgments.

O how we love your law and thank you for your law, the Omer and the coming holy day of Pentecost/Shavuot and we pray that you will bless this Bible study on this weekly Sabbath day in Yeshua’s name. Amen.

This is the week of Malchut which is the week of kingship, sovereignty, royalty the attributes of King David. We are to become kings and priests in the kingdom of God, so we need to strive to become in our hearts and minds and attitudes.

Acts 13:18-24—“David is the example of kingship. Forty years God put up with Israel’s way in the wilderness. When He had destroyed seven nations in the land of Canaan, He distributed their land to them by allotment. After that he gave Israel judges for about four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet.

David is a man who sinned and came short of the glory of God and he made mistakes. When he made mistakes, he really REPENTED! After David committed adultery with Bathsheba, God sent a message to David by Nathan the prophet.

2 Samuel 12:1-4—“There were two men in one city, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had exceedingly many flocks and herds.

3 But the poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and it grew up together with him and with his children. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him.

4 And a traveler came to the rich man, who refused to take from his own flock and from his own herd to prepare one for the wayfaring man who had come to him; but he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him.”

11 Thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun.
12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’ ”

David really repented. He was what is known as a Baal Teshuva. The concept is based on after sinning, a repentant must admit his sin, be repentant and take upon himself abandonment of this sin in the future. A person who did this, and succeeded was called a 'baal teshuva' – meaning master of return. The baal teshuva is one who is a knowledgeable person educated in God’s Law but willingly sins and who after he sins, takes his sin to heart and repents with a broken heart and returns to his God asking in sincerity for forgiveness. Teshuva begins with admission or confession of the sin.

Read Psalm 51 which is the Psalm of David’s prayer of Repentance when Nathan the prophet went to him, after David had gone in to Bathsheba. It tells how David searched his heart and pleaded to God for mercy, to cleanse him from his sins and not to take His Holy Spirit from him, and to deliver him from guilt of bloodshed.
Vs.10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Restore your joy of salvation to me and open my lips so that my tongue and mouth will show forth God’s praise and then I will teach transgressors your ways and sing aloud your righteousness.

Vs. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart – these, O God you will not despise.” A king must be willing to be humble/meek and willing to repentant and not be proud and arrogant. King Saul became proud and arrogant. Most leaders in the world generally tend to be full of pride and lifted up and demand obedience.

2 Samuel 23:3-4 God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: He who rules over men must be just, Ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, A morning without clouds, Like the tender grass springing out of the earth, By clear shining after rain.’ —

God is perfectly fair. Matthew 18:21—“Peter asked Christ, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times? Jesus replied, I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’
29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.

33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.35 So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Galatians 5:22-24—“the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, selfcontrol. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

1 Corinthians 10:24—“Let no one seek his own, but each one seek the other’s well-being.”

1 Corinthians 11:27—“let a man examine himself, if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.”

2Corinthians 13:5-6, 11—“Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. 6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.” 11 “Finally, brethren farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”

Becoming complete also means becoming perfect—the whole complete man. We have to seek the attributes of God’s Spirit – Peace and Love, Joy, Faith and all the fruits of the Spirit.

James 4:6-12—“But he gives more grace. Wherefore he says, God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble.7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded.9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11 Speak no evil one of another, brethren. He that speaks evil of his brother, and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law, and judges the law: but if thou judge the law, you are not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judges another?”Resist the devil and do not repay evil with evil.

God has not called us to be judges. He has called us to warn the world of his coming judgment, but the judgment is in his hands.

1 Peter 5:1—“The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fades not away.”

True leadership is the art of selflessness, a reflection of a Higher will. Healthy sovereignty is always kind and loving, warm and considerate and balanced with discipline. Humility is the hallmark of a great king and is crucial in healthy bonding. Humility is something that we all have to work on.

A good leader is a compassionate one and his success is tested by his endurance level. For compassion to be fully realized, it has to have bonding which requires loving kindness.

So Brethren let’s finish out this Omer count with zeal, diligence, and humility. Make counting the Omer this year really Count! Amen!

Reactions: Helen

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sat 6/8/2019 9:58 AM
Just maybe you might be interested in the below if so please let me know, it is an article from our late Pastor. It is also about what we are studying about Gods Holy Convocations. We are at the 48th. day in counting. Thoughts ?

MALCHUT –BECOMING A GOOD KING
By William F Dankenbring

Father we come before you on this 7th wk/final wk of the Omer count as we approach your annual holy day of Pentecost (Shavuot) and thank you for revealing the great meaning of these days.

We thank you for teaching us about counting the Omer and the experience it gives us in working on each of our character flaws and getting rid of character weaknesses so that we might become strong, mighty noble and valiant men and women of God. Help us all become mighty men and women of God living by your commandments, statutes and judgments.

O how we love your law and thank you for your law, the Omer and the coming holy day of Pentecost/Shavuot and we pray that you will bless this Bible study on this weekly Sabbath day in Yeshua’s name. Amen.

This is the week of Malchut which is the week of kingship, sovereignty, royalty the attributes of King David. We are to become kings and priests in the kingdom of God, so we need to strive to become in our hearts and minds and attitudes.

Acts 13:18-24—“David is the example of kingship. Forty years God put up with Israel’s way in the wilderness. When He had destroyed seven nations in the land of Canaan, He distributed their land to them by allotment. After that he gave Israel judges for about four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet.

David is a man who sinned and came short of the glory of God and he made mistakes. When he made mistakes, he really REPENTED! After David committed adultery with Bathsheba, God sent a message to David by Nathan the prophet.

2 Samuel 12:1-4—“There were two men in one city, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had exceedingly many flocks and herds.

3 But the poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and it grew up together with him and with his children. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him.

4 And a traveler came to the rich man, who refused to take from his own flock and from his own herd to prepare one for the wayfaring man who had come to him; but he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him.”

11 Thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun.
12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’ ”

David really repented. He was what is known as a Baal Teshuva. The concept is based on after sinning, a repentant must admit his sin, be repentant and take upon himself abandonment of this sin in the future. A person who did this, and succeeded was called a 'baal teshuva' – meaning master of return. The baal teshuva is one who is a knowledgeable person educated in God’s Law but willingly sins and who after he sins, takes his sin to heart and repents with a broken heart and returns to his God asking in sincerity for forgiveness. Teshuva begins with admission or confession of the sin.

Read Psalm 51 which is the Psalm of David’s prayer of Repentance when Nathan the prophet went to him, after David had gone in to Bathsheba. It tells how David searched his heart and pleaded to God for mercy, to cleanse him from his sins and not to take His Holy Spirit from him, and to deliver him from guilt of bloodshed.
Vs.10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Restore your joy of salvation to me and open my lips so that my tongue and mouth will show forth God’s praise and then I will teach transgressors your ways and sing aloud your righteousness.

Vs. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart – these, O God you will not despise.” A king must be willing to be humble/meek and willing to repentant and not be proud and arrogant. King Saul became proud and arrogant. Most leaders in the world generally tend to be full of pride and lifted up and demand obedience.

2 Samuel 23:3-4 God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: He who rules over men must be just, Ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, A morning without clouds, Like the tender grass springing out of the earth, By clear shining after rain.’ —

God is perfectly fair. Matthew 18:21—“Peter asked Christ, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times? Jesus replied, I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’
29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.

33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.35 So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Galatians 5:22-24—“the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, selfcontrol. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

1 Corinthians 10:24—“Let no one seek his own, but each one seek the other’s well-being.”

1 Corinthians 11:27—“let a man examine himself, if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.”

2Corinthians 13:5-6, 11—“Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. 6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.” 11 “Finally, brethren farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”

Becoming complete also means becoming perfect—the whole complete man. We have to seek the attributes of God’s Spirit – Peace and Love, Joy, Faith and all the fruits of the Spirit.

James 4:6-12—“But he gives more grace. Wherefore he says, God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble.7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded.9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11 Speak no evil one of another, brethren. He that speaks evil of his brother, and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law, and judges the law: but if thou judge the law, you are not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judges another?”Resist the devil and do not repay evil with evil.

God has not called us to be judges. He has called us to warn the world of his coming judgment, but the judgment is in his hands.

1 Peter 5:1—“The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fades not away.”

True leadership is the art of selflessness, a reflection of a Higher will. Healthy sovereignty is always kind and loving, warm and considerate and balanced with discipline. Humility is the hallmark of a great king and is crucial in healthy bonding. Humility is something that we all have to work on.

A good leader is a compassionate one and his success is tested by his endurance level. For compassion to be fully realized, it has to have bonding which requires loving kindness.

So Brethren let’s finish out this Omer count with zeal, diligence, and humility. Make counting the Omer this year really Count! Amen!
Amen