creating a new heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
In the bible there is a scripture, that says that God is going to destroy the heaven and the earth in the end times and create a new heaven and new earth (please ask) if you can't find that scripure, but anyways what I want to know is why God would destroy heaven since it is already perfect (since we all know God would not live in a less than perfect heaven because he is truly "perfect,") and create a new heaven?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." We see in II Peter 3:10,11 that the existence of this present earth age will be changed with the all physical elements (evil rudiments) done away with, at the "day of our Lord". Then in II Peter 3:12, at the end of the Millennium age, the evil souls are turned to ashes. This is called the "day of God".II Peter 3:13 "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." A new heaven and new earth is a promise given by God to the earliest prophets, and we have seen throughout the Holy Scriptures that God does keep all his promises.Also the story of the bible is written in the stars and they are for signs and seasonsGod will write a new story in the stars give us new signs and seasons.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(elmo;20050)
why God would destroy heaven since it is already perfect?
Don't take it too literally, 'heaven' has several meanings in the Bible besides being the place where God is, and is also sometimes called by the plural 'heavens'.It can also mean 'the sky', or 'the universe' or 'everything'..In other words God is saying he's going to wipe the slate clean and make everything fresh and new..

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
There is A) God's throne, which isn't effected by time.
cool.gif
The other heavens - Universe, Sky, and Earth (not a heaven). Are all effected by time. God will remove time, and recreate everything. Fuse his throne with the New Jerusalem.Anyway, it's an idea.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
Yes, English uses one word for both heaven (the realm of God) & heaven (the sky/stars). It means God will create a new physical universe.Editted for typos.

gradkiss

Oct 10, 2007
We live in a Vault, as the prophets told us, where the Laws or Commandments God made at Creation govern us. We were told too, that the Sons of Perdition would go to the very edge of existance, in denial or perfectly delusioned who God truely is. We may see today the one known as a 'man of sin', brag on and on, and never accomplish a thing. By that, I mean accomplish anything worthwhile. As you can tell, some have destroyed the Earth, and all of the Earth's inhabitants.(as a whole,to some degree) I must acknowlege this, because we as humans are destroyed by percentages today...We were Commanded...thou shalt not kill...in any measure or it is liken a slow poisoning.( a premeditated murder) All things were perfect, in the beginning. The one thing I learned, is what Adam and Eve learned...to use our knowlege in benefit of each other, not suffer each other as Cain did,and not hide things and keep secrets to disparage others. There is much to learn from the story of Cain and Able. I learned from Paul, "who are we"? "Where are we from"? We were always suppose to share the knowlege we learned, and never forget that women are the first to suffer here upon Earth. When you suffer one Woman, man is next.When you kill one Woman with something cancerous...you've killed the source of all mankind. This Vault, or Kingdom we live in has one course, by Nature, a procedure that the laws of physics will always follow...and the prophets knew, how much man wanted to rule and sit the seat liken a God. A person statured, with a soul, a Child of God does not engage is such destruction. No...you will find , we are forced to. By those who govern in a way that generates sin. Conclusion: I was given a gift...Life. This gift was forgiven us and we are the forgiven. I give to others this gift, as it is for others and from others that we are allowed to enjoy this gift...life. The begotten, were witnessed by the sight, as John told us. Manifest by the touch. Again...look at a Mother...a begotten in my sight, as she is the very same flesh as the first Woman that walked this Earth...just a newness of the same flesh. The source for definition of begotten is Merriam-Webster. Now...we have a means not to destroy this Earth and mankind. We have a way to equal Nature and life. We, with knowlege do have a way to increase our lives, and even live a life eternal. We learned what Adam and Eve were suppose to learn...(from the 'tree of knowlege'-To those with wisdom, there is fruit to yield from that tree.) We exist in a continuous Genesis, and we are not to be fathomed as the null and void with darkness upon the deep. We are manifest, and full. Our cup is a full one and our cup runneth over, as we give what that cup contains to others. George