Dangers of the Spiritual Milk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Now before I begin I would just ask all of you who feel like you understand this message to bear with me. Im sure there are many (including myself) who think they know these things- yet are not progressing.
----Danger of staying on the Milk-----​
Hebrews 6:1-3Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And God permitting, we will do so.---Hebrews 6 starts off letting the church know- and the reader (us) know that the Milk (elementary teachings) are to be:1. Understood2. Accepted3. TaughtAnd except for #3 MOVE ON!If you look back in Hebrews only a chapter back you can see in chapter 5 that the main focus is: -Warnings of falling away from the faith-Warnings about having lack of faithLook at 5:12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!Once you know the "taste of milk" you should move on, becoming TEACHERS- Instead this church and our churches are LAZY and prefer to be fed milk- which is quick and convienient.But the warnings here about not moving on once you know the milk are NOT only because "youre missing out on the good stuff" its very clear in Hebrews that if your diet consists of milk- because of your OWN laziness- it becomes DESTRUCTIVE to your faith. The same thing you use for comfort (milk) can also be the same thing that creates lack of faith.Instead:5:14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.So we see- running back to the comfortable feeling of the milk not only stunts our growth- but kills us. We see in verse 14 that the MATURE TRAINED THEMSELVES to know what is right. They did not sit in the pew, without their bible, thinking "this man must know better than I, hes been to college!"I urge you all, and challenge you, to strive for the meat- not just "for new things" but for faith strenghtening and spiritual maturity. I think its about time we all examine the TRUE job of the pastor.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Amen to that Red although I understand the importance of the milk to raise a healthy christian it does wear on one very heavy at times to go over or hear the same things time and time again.When you cant see or experience progress being made into deeper things(meat)or just flat refuse to admit there is more. It wears heavy on the spirit.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Open your heart by faith and receive whatever you need. Step out in boldness and strength because the Lord is with you! And remember, there are no free lunches.. God will take care of all our needs but He didn't say that he would hand them to us on a sliver platter without trial or tribulation....work and study No, If we love our Father, he expects us to earn our keep.. Here is what he said to Peter.. Joh:21:15: So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee.He saith unto him, Feed my lambsNotice here He told Peter to feed his Lambs. Joh:21:16:He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee.He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.But here He instructed Peter to feed His Sheep. We all know that a Sheep is a Lamb that has grown up.. Joh:21:17:He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed My Sheep. Again, the instructions are to feed the Sheep. He didn't say to give the Sheep one meal and forget about them He said FEED THEM.. This is an ongoing job as long as we are here doing God's work in order for Him to bless and take care of us.. The Lambs represents the new Christians who have just accepted Christ as their Saviour.. This is a brand new wonderful experience for them. But if they are not nourished with His truth they will not survive.. It is the job of the followers of Christ to Feed them with God's truth.. Notice it states God's truth not some traditions of man.. Is our duty to feed these new Christians with the Truth of God's Word.. If one has not been fed truth by the pastor (teacher/preacher)how our we to do as we are instucted?When they have grown into adult Christians, it is their duty to do as we have done.. Feed the Lambs and nourish them into becoming adult Sheep (Christians..) When we understand the fact that God longs to work in our lives, our faith will increase.Our hope will increase. And God’s work in our lives will increase! Proverb:8:34:Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. M't:7:7:Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Do You Trust Your Soul To A Man? Are You Receiving The Real Meat Of God's Word?Or are you still sipping the milk? What Is wrong when people sit in churches, even for years, after hearing many sermons, and still cannot discuss the Word of our Father with intelligence? Some may even say; "I don't have to understand the Bible. All I have to do is believe." I ask you, if this be the case, why did our Father go to so much trouble and why did so many have to suffer, many even losing their lives, to bring His Letter (The Bible) to us? How would you feel, if you had been gone for several years and returned home to your children.. You ask them if they had received your letter and their statement was; "We received it but never got around to reading it." It is my belief that the main cause of this is that some pastors/churches never take the time to learn or to properly teach God's Word. But the buck doesn't stop there and YOU are by no means off the hook in God's eyes.. If the pastor isn't feeding the congregation, then one should seek a church with a pastor who does, or replace the pastor. You are entitled to receive God's Word and have it explained to you in church!! Also, what do you do between church sessions? Many do not even open their Bibles relying on the pastor to lead them to heaven.. that is ttruly a scary thought! If one had to have a pastor cover the Bible through regular church services based on what most cover in one session, it would take over 500 years for the Bible to be covered..Even then,it would not be explained in detail as it should be.. You owe it to yourself to learn and understand our Fathers Word..There WILL be a test! Ro:2:16: In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. 1Th:5:6: Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. STAY AWAKE!!! Here is a message to all of us that we must not sleep as do others. We must recognize the truth of these things. Keep reading Isaiah. Keep reading Jeremiah. Keep reading Ezekiel. These books keep us awake because they are preaching in difficult, evil days and they show us how the prophets sought to keep the people of God awake in their dark and evil day. In order to do any job properly, one must have the proper tools.. This is where many run into yet another snag. there are so many "Authors" out there with dollar signs in their eyes that constantly publish"Learning Guides To The Bible"Most of these are full of the traditions of man and shy on the true Word Of God.. You don't need them, and often would be much better off without them as they could only serve to confuse you.. All you really need is the King James, yes, the King James Bible.. And a Strong's concordance.. No other kind, The Strong's! Doctor Strong spent most of his entire life breaking down the Bible to the original languages, Hebrew and Greek. It is as easy to use as a dictonary and will speed you down the proper path.. It is next to impossible to understand the Bible by just reading it with no help.. The strong's will provide that help..One more item which is of great use is the Smith's Bible Dictonary, Teachers Edition. It explains and makes many characters and places clear to the reader.. While Jesus was yet here with us 2000 years ago He had a message... M't:4:17: From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Think how much closer it is at hand now.. There is no time to waste. Not only do you need to learn God's Word, but you must be able and willing to help others learn it as well.. Yes, we are indeed our brother's keepers... Lu:17:3: Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. Study God's Word.. Your Life Depends On It...

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(kriss;50391)
Word..There WILL be a test! Ro:2:16: In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Aww man!! I'm terrible at timed tests!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
This is really good, and a personal reminder. I know that I have a sheep or two that have been placed with me that I haven't been 'feeding' enough. When they didn't show much interest I kinda lost interest in them, but I shouldn't have. And I plan on making sure they are nice and fat before I am done with 'em! : )