Dark times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture calls these last days:

2 Tim 3
[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
and when the Bible was given by God, what of those days ? (as well as these days today)

"That He might deliver us from this present evil world. Deliver is the translation of exaireo (¦îáéñåï) which means to pluck out, to draw out, to rescue, to deliver. The word strikes the keynote of the letter. The gospel is a rescue, an emanicipation from a state of bondage. The word here denotes, not a removal from, but a rescue from the power of the ethical characteristics of the present age.

World is from aionos (áÆïíïò) which Trench defines as follows: “All that floating mass of thoughts, opinions, maxims, speculations, hopes, impulses, aims, aspirations, at any time current in the world, which it may be impossible to seize and accurately define, but which constitute a most real and effective power, being the moral or immoral atmosphere which at every moment of our lives we inhale, again inevitably to exhale.” It is that particular phase of human society, the one which our Lord found existing when He came the first time, which He will still find existing when He comes the second time, and which will be displaced by a new order of things in the Millennium. The word present is used twice elsewhere where it is applied to things existing, by way of contrast to things future (Rom. 8:38; I Cor. 3:22).
The word evil is not from kakos (êáêïò) here but poneros (ðïíåñïò). In the latter word, the positive activity of evil comes out far more decidedly than in the former.

The kakos (êáêïò) man may be content to perish in his own corruption,

but the poneros (ðïíåñïò) man is not content unless he is corrupting others as well, and drawing them into the same destruction with himself. Satan is not called the kakos (êáêïò) one but the poneros (ðïíåñïò) one.

This present age is described by Paul as poneros (ðïíåñïò). The English word which best translate this Greek word is pernicious.

Webster says, “That is pernicious which works mischief or destruction.”

This present age therefore is not content to perish in its own corruption, but seeks to drag all men with it down to its own inevitable destruction. "

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and when the Bible was given by God, what of those days ? (as well as these days today)

"That He might deliver us from this present evil world.

Yes. He opening the First seal...is the introduction of OF setting the stage, of the anti-Christ's ruling the world...
Which means HE isn't ruling on Earth.
Currently HE is ruling SOME men Spiritually...
They will be risen up above the face of the earth, with their Lord God...which in common terms called "Caught UP" or "raptured".
Because what will occur on earth...via the anti-Christ...is a peace platform and then Dictatorship...and Gods Wrath for those who reject Him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The schools, the politic, the economic, the religious, the markets, the medical, the entertainment, hollywood, bollywood, mental magic , 'sports',
internet, search engines (censored, controlled, directed), banks, leaders (of all variety),
all
not only going along with the system, but as written in Galatians, actively seeking out everyone to drag them down everywhere to destruction...
i.e. key word (for search purposes) : Galatians, pernicious, society

Before , long before, I knew of GALATIONS, I read all the Bible voraciously, devotedly, continuously, daily, for years, asking the Father in heaven for His Purpose as I read every page, every word, enthralled with His Word, His Desire, His Meaning!

I read the end of the book also.

Revelation.

It is dire for the world.

as Corrie ten Boom, sweet old lady of faith known worldwide with a good , perfect, testimony of JESUS, GOD'S LOVE, in a world of war...

A LIGHT in the world of DARKNESS .. "dark times" ...

often tells, even from the grave, (or resurrection life), "the world is under a death sentence" ....

Death sentence is right!
Galatians 5:7-10 was given to me in 1992 soon after coming to Christ. I was at the library several times a week looking for all and anything GOD I could get my hands on. I happened upon a Herbert Armstrong book and, after reading it, I was so full of anxiety as there were some pretty heretical ideas coming from that man.
I called my friend, who came to the Lord with me, and was so upset, ready to just walk away as I was still, at that time questioning if there is just one way to God the Father so, I was thrown way off and became fearful of ANYTHING I heard people say, pastors, teachers etc. My friend prayed with me over the phone, afterwords I did a very "babe in Christ" kind of thing and just opened my bible and it took me to the Galatians 5 verses! I cannot tell you what relief that was!
Corrie ten Boom does have one heck of a testimony.
When I did a search with "Galatians, pernicious, society"... This site comes up : A Commentary on St. Paul's Epistle to the Galatians
Seems to be a writing about Martin Luther. Have not read it, just glanced. not sure if you were aware of this site/book...thanks for the reply!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was so full of anxiety as there were some pretty heretical ideas
Maybe.
Some Truth is scary.
Some wrong things there might be scare if the Truth is not understood.

One place IN SCRIPTURE that I know of, in Hebrews, says TO BELIEVERS: "BE TERRIFIED!"

.... lest any one of you in the assembly of Ekklesia be found to fall short.... thus keep watch daily , keep looking out for one

another daily.... be alert to any deviation as directed by God ..... i.e. warn one another as needed, as written ...

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, yes, we are living in dark times.

Just noticed on a webpage now, of this site/ forums summary (signed in ) >>>>

"Total: 87 (members: 13, guests: 55, robots: 19)" (the robots from china, russia, yahoo , google, copy everything and analyze it, correlate it, and "AI" it , to use against anyone later (usually excuses /explained as "for advertising" ) ......

(3 minutes ago, it was 17 robots)

Reactions: APAK

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in the darkest time I believe the world has ever known, concerning the amount of evil being pushed on the masses. We were warned in the book of Revelation of the locusts (Satan's agents) and the darkness they would bring. We see it everywhere, lies, propoganda, deceptions, false spiritual paths etc. Even in the Christian communities it prevails. The churches are corrupted, communities are infiltrated, most that claim to be Christian is are false apostes/ministers of unrighteousness/grievous wolves that the Lord warned us of. We see false doctrines being spread at every turn. Those that are persecuted for Christ's/righteousness sake know hust how many wicked men and women there are in this world that have given themselves to Satan and demons.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE=

'And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,

.. but rather reprove them.

.... For it is a shame even to speak of those things

...... which are done of them in secret.

But all things that are reproved

.. are made manifest by the light:

.... for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Wherefore He saith,
"Awake thou that sleepest,

.. and arise from the dead,
.... and Christ shall give thee light."'

(Ephesians 5:11)[/QUOTE
===================================

charity said:
* What is impressing itself upon me is the fact that the darkness of ignorance and unbelief does indeed 'cover the earth,' and, 'gross darkness the people'.

Every day, more false gospels broadcast, accepted, deceiving multitudes.
(and posted/ threads started)

charity said:
So, yes, we are living in dark times.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy