Day 29 Omer Count– Iyar 15 – May 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 5-6-23 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Iyar 15 5783, 47th. Spring Day

OMER COUNT - WEEK 5 - Aaron
May 6 - May 12 2023

HOD – HUMILITY

During the fifth week of counting the Omer, we examine and refine the emotional attribute of Hod or humility. Humility -- and the resulting yielding -- should not be confused with weakness and lack of self-esteem. Hod or humility is modesty -- it is acknowledgment saying to God. It is clearly recognizing your qualities and strengths and acknowledging that they are not your own; they were given to you by God for a higher purpose than just satisfying your own needs.

Humility is modesty; it is recognizing how small you are which allows you to realize how large you can become. And that makes humility so formidable.
A full cup cannot be filled. When you are filled with yourself and your needs, I and nothing else, there is no room for more.

When you empty yourself before something greater than yourself, your capacity to receive increases beyond your previously perceived limits. Humility is the key to transcendence; to reach beyond yourself.

Only true humility gives you the power of total objectivity. Humility is sensitivity; it is healthy shame
out of recognition that you can be better than you are and that you can expect more of yourself. Although
humility is silent it is not a void. It is a dynamic expression of life that includes all seven qualities of love,
discipline, compassion, endurance, humility, bonding and sovereignty.

Chesed of Hod: Loving-kindness in Humility
Psalm 126; Ex. 34:6-7

Examine the love in your humility. Healthy humility is not demoralizing; it brings love and joy not fear.
Humility that lacks love has to be reexamined for its authenticity. Sometimes humility can be confused with low self-esteem, which would cause it to be unloving. Humility brings love because it gives you the ability to rise above yourself and love another. Does my humility cause me to be more loving and giving? More expansive? Or does it inhibit and constrain me?

Exercise for the day: Before praying with humility and acknowledgment of God, give some charity. It will
enhance your prayers.

Love, Walter and Debbie