Dead To The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh good grief, pay attention to who is making that claim...YOU...not me.
The shame is on you.

No, YOU wrote: <<Dead to the Law means- A person WHO IS of one of the "Tribes of Israel", WHO, BY and through Conversion IN Christ", is NO LONGER, subject To the Mosaic "Curse/ penal/Penalty" Laws>> QUOTING: <<Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ.... 6 But now we (those IN Christ) are delivered from the law...>>

Now open your eyes and SEE "ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ". What Law is that? God has ONE Law, "the law by the body of Christ" and it is by THIS Law that "YE ARE BECOME DEAD .. ALSO .." JUST LIKE EVERY ONE OF THE ISRAEL OF GOD'S CHILDREN who "ALSO" --like the true Israel of old-- "are become dead TO THE LAW OF SIN" which GOD said, says, "Sin, and thou shalt surely DIE!" Die pal die one way or the other, as this text says CO CRUCIFIED with and in Jesus Christ, or in hell in due time at very short notice very soon forever.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
From seeing you call someone a liar, shows that you can obey the Old Testament laws of thou shalt not murder with no problem, but not the laws of Jesus, the New Testament laws of LOVE. The OT laws have nothing to do with inward love, just outward actions. That is why the OT laws were upgraded for the New Covenant, because they can make you holy, whereas the OT laws could not.

I do not because I cannot keep any Law of God exactly because I lack the Divine Love of obedience. God's answer to my predicament has been that Christ would do all the necessary things for me to be forgiven and saved ONCE FOR ALL. O you might wish it's not true. Well, I don't care what you think but that's what God has done, mate, FOR ME! I need not show you, anything, go to hell! Nothing is as cursed as the PRIDE OF THE CHIRSTIAN, said Charles Haddon Spurgeon, and PRIDE IS ALL YOU HAVE THE PRIDE OF YOUR <love>. To hell with that sort of love too!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you imply

Dishonest to keep trying to speak FOR me.

you liar.

Your words, your Lie. Own it.

Surely I see what you say is true,
you are not of the Israel of God.

Yet again, Your words not mine.

And all this only because you

You make up lies, make false claims.
Why don't you learn to shut your mouth, open your ears, and stop talking for other people, and use the quote feature?

If you are too liberalized, get a Mirror since you are only lambasting what you have said.

Weird!!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not because I cannot keep any Law of God exactly because I lack the Divine Love of obedience. God's answer to my predicament has been that Christ would do all the necessary things for me to be forgiven and saved ONCE FOR ALL. O you might wish it's not true. Well, I don't care what you think but that's what God has done, mate, FOR ME! I need not show you, anything, go to hell! Nothing is as cursed as the PRIDE OF THE CHIRSTIAN, said Charles Haddon Spurgeon, and PRIDE IS ALL YOU HAVE THE PRIDE OF YOUR <love>. To hell with that sort of love too!

20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees (keepers of OT laws), you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:19-20.

What is Paul's main theme in Galatians 2:20, why was it written? The previous verse Paul says "by the law he was dead to the law." How was Paul dead to the law? Being in Christ on the cross when he died. When Jesus Christ died Paul could see that he died with him and all humanity was crucified in Christ.

All humanity is dead in Christ right now. All in Adam dead as Christ on Calvary. Wow that is mind blowing how God fixed it to where all a sinner has to do is believe! Glory!

So why do sinner's still have a sin nature? Because they have not believed. You believe unto salvation, that is what saves a sinner! They don't even need to confess they need to believe (they can confess it doesn't hurt anything but it is not necessary, they must believe). Believers confess when they have their moments but a sinner (a sinner is a non-believer) must believe unto salvation.

So it all humanity is dead in Christ why do they keep sinning? Simple; they have not believed. They are dead in Christ on the cross but the need to realize that will be something that is learned by believers. What happens to you the moment you believe? You are birthed in Christ, and Christ is birthed in you, born again. Do you really know why you are different from the world? Because a birthing has taken place the moment you believed.

The cross has done it's finished work and all the sinner must do is believe. I know that doesn't fit all the pride and pageantry of religion but it is that simple. Always keep in mind a child can understand our gospel because it is that simple. Now what goes on in life after Christ may not be as simple (it can be if not for me, the world, the flesh, the devil, and my unrenewed mind) because we will go through the school house of training son's to live in the father's house.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. - John 14:2.

I mentioned something in parentheses above. The world, the flesh, and the devil as being a hindrance to a believers understanding. It does not have to be that way, it is mentioned because most will come that way but it does not have to be that way. If a believer was to hear nothing but the pure unadulterated word of God taught like it was intended there would be a lot less confusion and alot more understanding of what the gospel is. The gospel is the road map for a believers life, following the road map will be your challenge as you move in God.
Only those that are born again via Acts 2:38 and are walking in the Spirit are dead to the Law.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those that are born again via Acts 2:38 and are walking in the Spirit are dead to the Law.

Right. Only those who both have the Holy Spirit and don't quench Him, but walk in Him are dead to the Mosaic Law because the eternal law of God's Love is written on their hearts and it becomes their new nature!

Matthew 7:21-23

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Only those who both have the Holy Spirit and don't quench Him, but walk in Him are dead to the Mosaic Law because the eternal law of God's Love is written on their hearts and it becomes their new nature!

Matthew 7:21-23
Amen.

However, that leaves those that are not Christ's under the Law.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
121014483_10208428402343866_1678704770413099694_n.jpg
upload_2020-10-8_8-45-11.png

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sentimental, delightful, luxurious judgmentalism of the Lawless...

PS: sadistic is the word!
The Law is still in effect, but not for the righteous...

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Law is still in effect, but not for the righteous...

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Absolutely. WHY do you think Jesus had to be crucified? Well here's the answer -- you, just quoted it verbatim. Can't you SEE for God's sake, that “Christ was made sin, for us”!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees (keepers of OT laws), you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang(s) all The Law and the prophets.

On these two commandments hangs All The Law:

the Law of God and the Father of glory our Lord Jesus Christ

Who hath put all things under his Feet

and gave Him to be the Head over all things

to the Church— gave his Body the Fullness of Him.

This Title then - His Accusation which many Jews had read-,

Pilate wrote and put up above on the cross in writing:

the law of government in letters engraved

in Hebrew, Latin and Greek, to kill

JESUS OF NAZARETH OF THE JEWS THE KING.

To KILL is of the Essence of God's NEW Testament LAW. Without it-- rather HIM, there would have been and is, NO "Jesus Saviour of his people". The Law and the Righteousness whom Paul preached, is Christ Crucified -- is the Word -- THE LAW AND LIFE OF GOD 'taken'-- followed and obeyed.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. WHY do you think Jesus had to be crucified? Well here's the answer -- you, just quoted it verbatim. Can't you SEE for God's sake, that “Christ was made sin, for us”!
Amen, but to the non-born again person, they are under the Law. The sacrifice does not cover their sins.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen, but to the non-born again person, they are under the Law. The .
'Born again' or not, the Sacrifice of Christ covers the sins of "many"-- the Elect, and no one not even they may judge themselves no longer under the Law. 'God saved me while I was and AM YET A SINNER, yea the chief of sinners TO THE DAY I DIE and my life shall be "hidden WITH CHRIST IN GOD".'

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The faith may be the same but the results are as different as night and day. What they received in the Old Testament by their faith in relation to God was all self effort. What believers recieve by faith in New Testament is a new life, or a life that has never exsisted by Christ in you. The OT had no in Christ position, thanks for commenting I enjoyed it.
I am careful not to write off the prophets.

Paul is trying to verbalise a legalist who sees rules with a man who loves God, and in this love desires to do His will.

To say God's will is good is hard when matched against our passions. So desire, a lifting of life through status, money, lust, greed, envy anger, revenge is hard to switch until God touches us deep within.

When we bow at the cross and all is before Him, things change. That is hard, but seeing others and their hearts is a starting place. I am amazed how insular I can become, and how reaching out makes a difference.. God bless you

Reactions: soul man

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Born again' or not, the Sacrifice of Christ covers the sins of "many"-- the Elect, and no one not even they may judge themselves no longer under the Law. 'God saved me while I was and AM YET A SINNER, yea the chief of sinners TO THE DAY I DIE and my life shall be "hidden WITH CHRIST IN GOD".'
Did the sacrifice cover the sins of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc?