Depressed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Spiritually we are all dressed in filthy rags and are poor and wretched until we are clothed from above with God's Spirit as detailed in God's word:-And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance . . . Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. . . . For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. (Acts 2:4, 33, 39)If the church you are getting baptsed into doesn't preach that they are being as blind and un-loving toward you, and God as the people in that story.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(lastsecman;20053)
Getting baptised tomorrow...To be a Christian:'No matter how bad things look, if you believe in Him, things would always end well no matter how hopeless it may seem, because you have been forgiven of your sins.'I saw an article that depressed me:It says about a famous preacher going to a church to preach, everyone is excited to hear about this news and all flock to the church.They did not realize that the preacher disguised himself as a homeless man lying on the wooden bench in front of the church in that snowing, wintery day.None of the church goers that day went to talk to that homeless man when they saw him, just walked past him and went into the church.When the sermon was about to start, they realized that the famous preacher was that homeless man lying outside at the wooden bench outside the church.Obviously you can guess the sermon of that day. The preacher did not judge them nor condemn them.His sermon that day was: A poor homeless man want to go to the church to hear a sermon to get some light. However the people inside rejected him because he was filthy dirty. Sad and depressed, he went to sit on the bench outside the church. Then he saw another poor homeless tired person went to sit next to him, also chased out by the people inside the church, when he saw that person's face, he was surprised and asked that man: 'Why do you look so much like our Lord Jesus?'. That man answered, 'Yes, I too, am not accepted by people who pray in my name.'Question: how can there be such no love for people who claim that love is their master?It's quite depressing when i am about to be baptized tomorrow and saw this article today...Not to be condemning, because there are good people out there, and that we are all human beings, just depressed
Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.Matthew 7:1 - Judge not, that ye be not judged.John 8:15 - Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.Much love, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Don't be depressed, not every church is like this!Unfortunately many are, but that's only because we have all of this stinking flesh in the way! Let's pray that the church wakes up and crucifies our flesh and start walking in the Spirit , and true Love of Christ!

gradkiss

Oct 10, 2007
I made some decisions in my life about the year 2004 and since have met with 1000's of homeless. Many times, I have communicated with them and noticed one thing in common...we have all suffered an economic system's 'supply and demand' effect...as that is what causes recession after recession, repeatedly. Your depression is normal for someone with 'emotional intellegence', as I have found it is depressing , not to have alternatives to bring change, when the need for change is so manifest. Paul left me with some things to remember...we are individuals in God's eye. We are loved that much! We just know now that we are his Children, the ones righteous or with emotional intellegence. A Minister, a Priest, or anyone of a leading position, is just as individual in God's eye, and their grace is handled in an individual fashion. The one thing that has helped me, is the way I cope with what I emotionally realize. I turned to petitioning others with solutions, I hope will bring things to a concurring assent.Thye word petition, when defined by Noah Webster, means prayer too. A solemn prayer I give to others, that we will witness a change within these borders to one righteous again. Smile...it is good to be a Child of god. One with emotional intellegence. George