Depression in America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(tomwebster;54955)
verzanumiI think Hebert W. Armstrong is nuts! (I think that about says it!)
Even so, he was the only one that I knew back then who predicted the decline of the United States. Back then, some thought he was nuts too, but it seems that he is right after all. It's interesting that a man who some think was crazy is able to predict what we are about to go through, but those who think he was crazy did not see this coming. It's one thing to say it when it's upon you, it's another thing to say it when no evidence of what you are saying is apparent. Others are now saying what he had said many decades ago. By the way, people thought Noah was nuts when he was building a hugh boat so far away from the sea. They realized he was right when it was too late. In fact many of the men of God were considered crazy, even to the point of being mocked. This is not to say that Mr. Armstrong was correct on everything he said, no one is.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Have been to third world and it is depressing, however I think we are no longer at or near the top as far as standard of living as we may have once been (or thought we were). A group of Indian programmers staying here recently told me they were surprised to see our standard of living here and had assumed it would be better than Europe. Have not been to Europe but the comment surprised me. They have seen Chicago, NY, and most of New England (alot of that was driving so they saw suburbia as well as big city). Are freedoms are still tops, but that is changing too. Still no where else I would rather be.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(waquinas;54971)
Have been to third world and it is depressing, however I think we are no longer at or near the top as far as standard of living as we may have once been (or thought we were). A group of Indian programmers staying here recently told me they were surprised to see our standard of living here and had assumed it would be better than Europe. Have not been to Europe but the comment surprised me. They have seen Chicago, NY, and most of New England (alot of that was driving so they saw suburbia as well as big city). Are freedoms are still tops, but that is changing too. Still no where else I would rather be.
You know when I first came to this country I wanted to go back to where I came from. It was difficult at first, I noticed that neighbors hardly speak to each other (I'm talking about Miami), and one spend much of there time working with little free time (I now live in New York and this is how it is). In this country people make going to work and working something that one dislike, but have to do. Fortunately, I don't think this way, and I don't allow those who are around me to think like this. I don't entertain any negative about my job because this is counter productive to my well being.It's not as free as you think, since one tends to be selective in their definitions. I have learnt that in this country, one does not take kindly to one expressing an opinion that they disagree with, especially if it something negative but truthful about this country…freedom of speech, what a joke…it more like you’re free to speak it as long as we agree it it. I have never experience this in my country, because people are not made to feel as if they are anti this or anti that. And I have not even mention the name calling that is hurled at you, because you differ in your opinion. The so called freedom that exists in this country was not the first thing that I noticed, since I never thought I was not free in my own. I also don't take the position that the government gives me my rights; my rights, ones rights are given to us all by God. The government's responsibility is to facilitate by recognizing all of our God given right, which by the way this country as well as others does a poor job of. But as far as I am concern I am looking forward to the establishment of the kingdom of God on the earth, since Satan is the god of this world regardless of what country one is talking about.