Desmond Tutu

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now he was a man of God and has gone home to be with Jesus. The world will be a poorer place without him.
desmond-tutu.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now he was a man of God and has gone home to be with Jesus. The world will be a poorer place without him.
desmond-tutu.jpg
Hi Pearl,
Yes I believe he was also a man of God.
Apartheid in S. Africa sickens me no end. What a greedy and wicked government, there. God's children will be recompensed, Amen ! Protect your children Lord I pray!

Reactions: Pearl and Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of him, but sounds like he has a good testimonial
I'm really surprised you never heard of this man @Mayflower. He was a lovely man.
After the anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela was released from prison in 1990, he and Desmond Tutu led negotiations to end apartheid and introduce multi-racial democracy, Tutu assisted as a mediator between rival black factions.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bishop Tutu has been celebrated and praised by many. But he was also a very anti-Semitic person as seen from his own words.
It doesn't undo the good things he did. We aren't supposed to speak ill of the dead!

Reactions: Mayflower

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It doesn't undo the good things he did. We aren't supposed to speak ill of the dead!
However, we need to present the truth about people (alive or dead). Desmond Tutu also had some very unorthodox and unbiblical ideas which he presented in his sermons.

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
However, we need to present the truth about people (alive or dead). Desmond Tutu also had some very unorthodox and unbiblical ideas which he presented in his sermons.
Well I haven't studied his life as you seem to have done and I liked him.