The unclean spirit passes through WATERLESS places seeking rest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Berean Literal Bible Matthew 12:

43 Now when the unclean spirit is gone out from the man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it.
Do these places exist in the spiritual realm or the physical realm? Or are they metaphors of what?

Luke 8:

26 And they sailed down to the region of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee. 27 And He having gone forth upon the land, a certain man out of the city met Him, having demons, and a long time he was not wearing clothing and did not abide in a house, but in the tombs.
Demons are comfortable among tombs.

28 And having seen Jesus, having cried out, he fell down before Him and said in a loud voice, “What to me and to You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore of You that You might not torment me!” 29 For He was commanding the unclean spirit to come out from the man. For it had seized him many times, and he was bound, being kept with chains and shackles. And breaking the chains, he was driven by the demon into the deserts.
They don't mind deserts either when they are inside a human.

30 And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”
And he said, “Legion,” because many demons were entered into him. 31 And they were begging Him not to command them to depart into the abyss.
They are scared of the abyss.

32 And there was a herd of many pigs feeding there in the mountain, and they begged Him that He would allow them to enter into them; and He allowed them.
33 And the demons having gone out from the man, entered into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake, and was drowned.
What are these waterless places?

1. They are a metaphor for uninhabited places due to lack of water. This particular demon is looking for a human/home to rest.
  2. They are physical places where the demon is in transit. It has just come out of a human body, i.e., a watered place. It is looking for a watered place to occupy.
  3. They are also spiritual places where they cannot rest due to some sort of spiritual motions. It has to keep moving for some spiritual reason, perhaps due to some kind of spiritual heat.
Spiritually speaking, it needs watered places to rest. Ironically, when they were in the pigs. The pigs were drowned in a lake of water.