Devotions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the word devotions can be summarized with two words... "Earnest Attachments." It is a daily thing, whether it prayer, the reading of the bible, or the doing of some good work. If I am going to have devotions with some individual I think of meeting at a set hour to share the word, break the bread, and prayer.

Why do we have a section here called "devotions" when daily "earnest attachments" are forbidden? If devotions are forbidden we need to take the name 'devotions' off the 'Prayer and Praise' Christian forum and call it something else.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are planning to revisit our rules to bring about some clarification of the rules. I will strongly consider your input here about the devotions aspect.

Devotions are certainly not forbidden; I don't necessarily view them as having to be daily, but I can appreciate those who do. I am not making any promise right now, other than we'll talk about it and see what we come up with. I certainly don't want to discourage you from posting here.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other devotional guy here would be NetChaplain. On reading his Hungry Heart devotional it is not very professional looking to see the posts run together as one. I have attempted communication with you everytime I have started a new devotional. If you did not like the direction I was going you could have simply said 'no' to it.