Did God Made A Mistake In Creating The World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Did God made a mistake in creating the world?

Sometimes I see this world as punishment even though I have all the riches on earth.

Sometimes I am sad because of the time God has given the devil! ( Is there time for him(the devil) to change and be good that God is keeping him until now?)? How many souls must be lost before God judges the earth?

Who controls and gives permission to all things?

Is the story of Job in the bible real? If yes, why does God give satan the chance to tempt humans when He already knows the end result?

Does God know or feel the pains we go through as humans?

Are we humans being used as experiments?

I wonder why a Loving Creator with all power gives his creature the devil the powers to tempt humans.

I wonder what the earth was created for if not for enjoyment.

I wonder why so many things run in my mind! But I believe that what ever I do or say, God gives permission before I do or say it.

I still love my Creator even though I sin every moment I still believe He will capture me even more than he captured Saul/ Paul.

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
Our sovereign God is working his purpose out using both his servants and his enemies in order to do so.
And that is regardless of whether they do so either willingly or knowingly.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Peace be with you....Mike

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Our sovereign God is working his purpose out using both his servants and his enemies in order to do so.
And that is regardless of whether they do so either willingly or knowingly.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Peace be with you....Mike

And this is something I do not understand. How can a Creator of all things have an enemy or be enemy to something He created?

Isaiah 45 : 7 and 9

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster, I the LORD, do all these things.

and 9

Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'what are you making?' Does your work say, ' He has no hands'?

Do I quarrel with my maker when I ask him why He made me like this or why I think of Him frequently? Does He grow angry when I discuss my mind to Him?

so many questions from me. I wish I could sit with Jesus Christ live and ask Him all the questions in my mind.

skeptical inquirer

Sep 1, 2010
And this is something I do not understand. How can a Creator of all things have an enemy or be enemy to something He created?

Isaiah 45 : 7 and 9

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster, I the LORD, do all these things.

and 9

Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'what are you making?' Does your work say, ' He has no hands'?

Do I quarrel with my maker when I ask him why He made me like this or why I think of Him frequently? Does He grow angry when I discuss my mind to Him?

so many questions from me. I wish I could sit with Jesus Christ live and ask Him all the questions in my mind.

Good questions my friend. As a very new Christian myself, I would like to know these answers as well.

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
Did God made a mistake in creating the world?

of course not

Is the story of Job in the bible real? If yes, why does God give satan the chance to tempt humans when He already knows the end result?
Of course its real. It's not that God gives Satan the chance to tempt humans. Satan tempts humans at his own freewill. Even though God knows the end result, He can't judge us for these we haven't yet done or not done, since that would be corrupt of Him (think "Minority Report".)

Does God know or feel the pains we go through as humans?

Of course

Are we humans being used as experiments?
Perhaps aboard UFO's by little grey beings. Not by God.

I wonder why a Loving Creator with all power gives his creature the devil the powers to tempt humans.

He didn't give Satan the power to tempt humans, Satan decided to do that all by himself.

I wonder what the earth was created for if not for enjoyment.

It WAS created for enjoyment. But man had it cursed.

I wonder why so many things run in my mind! But I believe that what ever I do or say, God gives permission before I do or say it.

No. God doesn't give you permission to do or say what you do or say. If you go to your parents and curse them, God never gave you permission to do so, you did it by your own freewill. You are accountable of everything you do or say. That's why we have a Bible that teaches us to do and say accordingly. Otherwise, we could blame God for whatever we do or say since, after all, He gave us permission.

It's called freewill. God is love and thus He must give us freewill. If i fall in love with a woman, i would court her and woe her so that she may fall in love with me also. But if she decides to hate me, then i must accept her decision. If i put a gun to her head and say "you better love me or else!" then it's no longer love but tyranny. God cannot force us to love Him, for that is not love. He must give us freewill to love Him. THere is no other way. Sadly, many decide to reject His love and declare Him as their enemy instead.

Would you quarrel and grow angry with your kid if he discusses his/her mind to you?

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Judd
Something went wrong in the angelical realm and we are only given a few hints about it.
As far as what we humans are required to do is much more than a few hints.
Don't get caught up in things we do not yet understand.
Get caught up in the things we can understand. Secure your position.
Some day we will know the rest of the story.
Today is not that day.
Today , we humans must strive to be on the winning team.
A great battle is being fought for our souls.
Find out who is the winning team and make sure you have placed your bets there.

Best regards.

Martin.

Reactions: judd

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
of course not

Of course its real. It's not that God gives Satan the chance to tempt humans. Satan tempts humans at his own freewill. Even though God knows the end result, He can't judge us for these we haven't yet done or not done, since that would be corrupt of Him (think "Minority Report".)

Of course

Perhaps aboard UFO's by little grey beings. Not by God.

He didn't give Satan the power to tempt humans, Satan decided to do that all by himself.

It WAS created for enjoyment. But man had it cursed.

No. God doesn't give you permission to do or say what you do or say. If you go to your parents and curse them, God never gave you permission to do so, you did it by your own freewill. You are accountable of everything you do or say. That's why we have a Bible that teaches us to do and say accordingly. Otherwise, we could blame God for whatever we do or say since, after all, He gave us permission.

It's called freewill. God is love and thus He must give us freewill. If i fall in love with a woman, i would court her and woe her so that she may fall in love with me also. But if she decides to hate me, then i must accept her decision. If i put a gun to her head and say "you better love me or else!" then it's no longer love but tyranny. God cannot force us to love Him, for that is not love. He must give us freewill to love Him. THere is no other way. Sadly, many decide to reject His love and declare Him as their enemy instead.

Would you quarrel and grow angry with your kid if he discusses his/her mind to you?

What is this freewill?

Would you allow your daughter or son you love to perish due to free will?

What is your opinion on love?

DeusMisereatur

Sep 7, 2010
USA
I have learned that we cannot grow without being tested. My mother has cancer, my brother has ALS, I do not have two full lungs. Such is the curse of Original Sin. Remember the Genesis account? all of creation God proclaimed as good, but he cursed it when Man sinned. God did not make a mistake, but rather we did. Much of the pain of this world is self-inflicted by ourselves (as a species). There are amputees because someone does something stupid to someone else or to themselves; there is hunger because the wealthy desire to live in luxury instead of sharing; there are wars because of greed and hatred; there are abortions because human life is not valued over selfishness and fear; in short, life is hellish because we messed up way back when and continue to mess up.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Good questions my friend. As a very new Christian myself, I would like to know these answers as well.

God is Spirit. His desire to express love requires and object of His love. If I were to lose my wife, the loss of her as the object of my love would be unbearable. It is an infinite need of God to have recipients of His love. God IS love. But because He is Spirit, His ultimate desire is to have sons and daughters like Himself, spirit beings to really and fully enjoy His love.

We are flesh, and not spirit. All have spirit from God that makes us alive. It is human spirit, obtained from the Father of spirits, to Whom it belongs. At death, it returns to Him, the body returns to the soil, and the soul returns to oblivion, or the "unperceived" (hades) as the Scriptures call it. Death ends the relationship between God and men. His desire is to have spiritual sons and daughters for His pleasure that never die, and Adam was formed with the weakness in his flesh that caused him to eat the forbidden fruit. It was God's plan from the start, and the Lamb was slain even before the whole of creation. God is responsible for everything. He is God.

Adam had not a clue about how good he had it. He was merely a recipient of God's benevolence, unappreciative and unthankful for what he had in the garden of Eden. Adam had no knowledge of good or evil, so his response to God's goodness was not much different than that of an infant that perceive things only from its own eyes. He was totally incapable of seeing things from God's perspective, his not knowing either good or evil. His life was kept by his obedience and the tree of life that he ate from.

God does not desire blind obedience. It must come from the heart, from a thankful place. A heart that is not exposed to evil cannot appreciate God and His goodness and love. Then it is all but a matter of "gimme, gimme, gimme". It is the suffering and endurance of trials, having a knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong, that forms the human spirit. It is the spirit in a man that sustains him. Yet God desire more than human spirits for sons and daughters, He desire them to be like His Son, Jesus, the Christ, Who is now a life-giving Spirit and the new Man of the new creation to come.

God has predesignated some, not all, to become like His Son during the next age, the Day of The Lord. They were chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the world. The are the called and elect Body of Christ, composed of Gentile and Jew, who believe on the Cross of Christ for their justification in God's sight. They walk by faith and not by sight or works of the flesh. They are to become changed in the blink of an eye into His image at His coming again. They are the firstfruits from among men who will become true sons and daughters of God in spirit and not in flesh, the whole purpose of God being fulfilled in them through Christ.

For now, this short period of trial and suffering in dying is only the beginning of what God has in store for all humanity. His goal is to become All in all, Everything to everybody, and Father of spritual sons and daughters. All that is history, and all that we experience is towards that end. You can take that to the bank. His Son will reconcile all things, in the earth and the heavens, and death will be abolished in that day. And as in Adam all died, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. Thus says the Scriptures.

fivesense

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
What is this freewill?

Would you allow your daughter or son you love to perish due to free will?

What is your opinion on love?

Freewill is what it is. You know that. As for my son or daughter, lets put it this way: IF you go to a rehab center, you'll probably find a lot of people who were convinced/pressured to enter that place because of their family and friends who care (intervention). Many of those people were/are probably in denial about thier problem but nonetheless they had loved ones who confronted them to the point they ended up going to rehab to get cleaned up. But their is only so much loved ones can do for a person. Ultimately its in the hands of the person of what he/she is gonna do, whether that means listening to thier loved ones or ignoring them all together and continuing in their problem lifestyle.

I would never "allow" my son or daughter to perish. I would do everything and anything possible to the point of giving up my own life for them. But i cannot take over their life and their decisions. If my son/daughter decides to reject my help-salvation, there's not much i can do except keep trying and hoping they will make the right decision. Think of all those who rejected their families pleads to get help and ended up dead whether by drug-overdose or whatever. Not all cases are success stories, unfortunately.

Freewill is what it is.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010

Just take a look around you, pro creation, children and their parents.
The evidence is, God gave everyone including Angels the liberty and ability to choose.
To have a choice you have to have more than one option.

To me your question can be framed " I don't understand my children. I pro created them but they still don't listen. They eat my food expect me to provide all things for them but they don't listen to a word I say, much less do what I ask them to. I'm sure God is troubled about the same thing with His children.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is a necessary thing, can you imagine God knowing good and evil but we didn't. I can only liken it to a mentally impaired child that my do anything out of complete lack of knowledge. It's a huge disconnect between a parent and child. The child loves mom and dad and visa versa but they can never come to the same plane of reason and understanding. The parent can never instill moral ethical value to them. Jesus said If you have seen me you have seen the Father yet we are to become like Jesus. Not becomeing God but being the children of God, and doesn't every parent want their children to become more than they are? So lies the need of knowledge of good and evil. Love is the same way, it insist on a choice, other wise its not love.

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Just take a look around you, pro creation, children and their parents.
The evidence is, God gave everyone including Angels the liberty and ability to choose.
To have a choice you have to have more than one option.

To me your question can be framed " I don't understand my children. I pro created them but they still don't listen. They eat my food expect me to provide all things for them but they don't listen to a word I say, much less do what I ask them to. I'm sure God is troubled about the same thing with His children.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is a necessary thing, can you imagine God knowing good and evil but we didn't. I can only liken it to a mentally impaired child that my do anything out of complete lack of knowledge. It's a huge disconnect between a parent and child. The child loves mom and dad and visa versa but they can never come to the same plane of reason and understanding. The parent can never instill moral ethical value to them. Jesus said If you have seen me you have seen the Father yet we are to become like Jesus. Not becomeing God but being the children of God, and doesn't every parent want their children to become more than they are? So lies the need of knowledge of good and evil. Love is the same way, it insist on a choice, other wise its not love.

Thanks to you all for the replies at least I have learnt somethings from your replies.

God and humans cannot and never be compared in anyway. There is power in the Word of God and whatever He says, that is if He wants it to come to pass must come to pass and nothing, I repeat nothing can stop it. I have this strong believe that if God calls anyone that person must obey no matter how that person tries not to obey.

Since God has all power why not just change things to be good to make Him happy always?

I also wanna ask this, what does our praise do to God? Does our sins affect Him?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Thanks to you all for the replies at least I have learnt somethings from your replies.

God and humans cannot and never be compared in anyway. There is power in the Word of God and whatever He says, that is if He wants it to come to pass must come to pass and nothing, I repeat nothing can stop it. I have this strong believe that if God calls anyone that person must obey no matter how that person tries not to obey.

Since God has all power why not just change things to be good to make Him happy always?

I also wanna ask this, what does our praise do to God? Does our sins affect Him?

God and humans cannot and never be compared in anyway.
It is an illustration, Jesus used the world to illustrate things in heaven.

comfy

Sep 18, 2010
near Cape Cod, in Massachusetts, USA
Judd, you quoted:

We also have Romans 9:21 > "Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?"

So, God is our Potter; a human potter is in actual contact with the clay while making whatsoever the potter pleases with the clay. So, I see how much control God actually has, plus how personally involved in actual contact He is, with each of us. But God is so absolutely beautifully wonderful in love having Heaven's pleasantness that would be caressing us, through and through us. So, then, why don't we feel and experience our Potter being so closely involved with each of us? In fact, He is through and through our physical bodies, making them function as marvelously as they do, even in sickness. So, if He is so close, then, how come we do not experience and enjoy Him? We can even be lonely!

I offer, if we are on a different spiritual wavelength, than God is, it is like having a radio with a smooth jazz broadcast coming to soothe us but we have the radio set to an acidy rock wavelength. That smooth jazz wavelength can be actually passing right through our bodies, and yet we do not feel and experience it ! ! ! Because the nature of our bodies is not right for being effected by that soothing jazz; in sin, we are wrong nature with wrong wavelength.

Christ is the Way (John 14:6) to get us tuned on God's wavelength of His love which He shares with all His obedient children, right "in our hearts", as Paul says: "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

Also, we are all made "from the same lump". We all are human. We all have been started from the same basic stuff. Saddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler, those pedophile priests, etc. all started from the same basic stuff as our Apostle Paul and Mary the mother of Jesus and whoever else is a person of God.

But it says there are vessels "for honor" and "for dishonor". In your house, if you have one, there are vessels which are for sharing cool fresh drinking water. But we also need vessels for sewage and trash. Obviously, a number of humans are volunteering to be vessels for carrying Satan's toxic waste of worry, loneliness, unforgiveness, nasty anger, complaining, arguing and other abuse, etc. to where it will be kept for all eternity, in the flaming sewer which burns with fire and brimstone. So - - - just make sure you are a vessel of God's living and loving waters of the Holy Spirit (John 7:37-39), a cup running over with this; because whatsoever is really in us is what we are spreading to make others the same way, including our children!!!

David wrote, "My cup runs over," in Psalm 23:5. Our cups run over with whatever is really in our cups. The *spirit* of how you are is spreading, no matter how you act and put on a show. It can be like how a person with tuberculosis can be laughing, making a show of how healthy he or she is, when in fact laughing helps to push TB germs out of a person's lungs into the air to infect other people.

There is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," our Apostle Paul shares in Ephesians 2:2. So, if we are in this wrong spirit, this is what we are spreading to make others not like God's love, plus it is keeping us on the wrong wavelength. So, we are trusting You, Lord Jesus, to deliver us "from the power of Satan to God," (in Acts 26:18) as You sent Paul to minister to us.