Did jesus claim to be the devil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stephaniex3

Jan 27, 2015
Rev. 22:16 "I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star". (Alt trans: ". I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star".)
See Isaiah 14:12 How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! (Speaking of Lucifer?)

In the bible the devil is reffered to as the morning star. did jesus claim to be the devil or am i misinterpreting this?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You can see the distinction between the two with the word bright describing Jesus. There are many times in the gospels where Jesus talks about the devil, and they are enemys.

'Morning' may be reference to both of them being present at the beginning of the world.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Why would Jesus the son of God, the God the Holy Spirit claim to be Satan?! Are you serious?

"16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things [h]for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

Jesus is claiming His Kingdomship through King David there would be a great King of salvation, Jesus,.. satan a fallen star, Jesus our bright salvation star.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stephaniex3 said:
Rev. 22:16 "I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star". (Alt trans: ". I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star".)
See Isaiah 14:12 How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! (Speaking of Lucifer?)

In the bible the devil is reffered to as the morning star. did jesus claim to be the devil or am i misinterpreting this?
It's a simple answer but one that is very hard to accept: Isaiah 14 isn't talking about Satan. It's talking about the King of Babylon, namely Nebuchanezzer. People read that chapter and see that he "fell from heaven" and immediately link it to Satan falling from heaven. But that's the only likeness. People ignore all the other clues that state it isn't Satan. One of the hardest pieces of evidence being that Lucifer was noted as being a man.

If you can accept that, then I can tell you why they were both called the Bright and morning star. The short answer is that they were both life sustainers. Nebuchanezzer was one of natural life sustainers (and yes... Of Satan, but actually commissioned by God), but Jesus is the eternal life sustainer.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stephaniex3 said:

Having the same title doesn't equal being the same person. Both Jesus and his Father are called Lord yet they are two persons not one.

Satan was once the "morning star" but he fell and lost the title. Jesus is now our morning star.