Did you know that every day is judgment day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Yes, God is working everyday to bring judgment or rewards to those deserving. But did you know that the Judgment of the Lord will be for the one thousand years?
2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word{Christ} are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. {Praise God for His mercy}
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
KJV
Nuclear War!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
terry said:
So.. if every day is judgement day...then GRACE is non-existant. You should re-think your stance.
The Bible teaches that All men are judged for their actions. I do no adhere to a pacifist outlook on sin. Just because we claim to be Christian, does not mean we do not still suffer for our sins, for we too are being chastened when we walk contrary to the Word, because we should know better if we claim to be in the image of Christ. For the Holy Spirit does not guide us to sin. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk after the SPIRIT and not after the flesh.
However, we can choose to repent and turn from our sin and God will heal us, but grace is not a license to sin. We were destined to be destroyed, but Christ died to bring us to repentance so that we could be born again in our spirit to a new sinless way of life, not so that we could wallow in sin with no consequences.
1 Cor 11:31-32
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
KJV

Eph 5:1-7
5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
KJV
Col 3:5-10
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
KJV

Blessings

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
With my sins covered by the Blood of the Lamb ( grace ) those sins will not be found and so unable to be used as judgement against me. Futhermore I will not diminish that which Christ Jesus did for me and all believers, by listening to your version. Your version stemmed from the old testament but thst was put away as the new testament arrived - at least with that concerning atonement.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That is exactly what the Prosperity Gospel teaches though terry, Christ must diminish so they may increase in their own eyes. After all, they are little gods.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
So.. if every day is judgement day...then GRACE is non-existant. You should re-think your stance.
Actually, we are judged every day on how we obey. Don't we go to God every day and ask for grace?

Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

When those sins are forgiven, daily, they are wiped out, unless you believe that God stores up all these things until the "judgment day" and dredges them all up and throws them in our faces. I know you do not believe that, so that leaves us with this scripture...

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

We are being judged now, daily. The only sins that we must answer for in the resurrection would be those we do not repent of and ask forgiveness for. That would be a bad thing to do.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
John wrote: " Actually, we are judged every day on how we obey. Don't we go to God every day and ask for grace? "

Ask for Grace? Grace was given... our sins were paid for before we were born by Jesus. Grace was freely given.
Now for rewards in Heaven we may be judged daily... but for sin...no. Jesus has me marked Paid in Full... by his Blood
not by my works... by his Blood.

I shall not tarnish the payment Jesus made with his Blood by asking for yet another payment, I will remain in Grace all the days of my life. I will rejoyce the God loved me so much that he gave his only begotten Son as payment for my sins. I rejoyce that death coud not contain the Son of God.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
John wrote: " Actually, we are judged every day on how we obey. Don't we go to God every day and ask for grace? "

Ask for Grace? Grace was given... our sins were paid for before we were born by Jesus. Grace was freely given.
Would that include Hitler? John Wayne Gayce? Gaëtan Dugas? All are covered? Smacks of Universal SAlvation.

Now for rewards in Heaven we may be judged daily... but for sin...no. Jesus has me marked Paid in Full... by his Blood
not by my works... by his Blood.

I shall not tarnish the payment Jesus made with his Blood by asking for yet another payment,
I need to every day...

Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

But then, maybe I am not perfect like you.
I will remain in Grace all the days of my life. I will rejoyce the God loved me so much that he gave his only begotten Son as payment for my sins. I rejoyce that death coud not contain the Son of God.
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.