Didn't listen to the Spirit warning me and was almost killed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My father wanted me to come out and visit on Labor day. I was to bring my sister out who is disabled and living in an assisted care facility. The spirit cautioned me and said "not today there is danger" and I felt danger when I would commit myself to going. I told my sister I wasn't going out so she called my father and he gave me the guilt trip in a way. So I prayed to God to protect me and committed to going out. I went and everything worked out. I got some of my money that he holds for me and because of it decided to go to the store with the money when I got back. And that is where the ugliness manifested itself. I went to cross the road and a person that was making a left turn floored it right at me. I was already in a jog trying to be kind to him. He just sped up more and turned toward me. I had to go into a full sprint as he tried to run me down.

So it wasn't a car accident that I had to worry about which is what I thought God was warning me about, it was because I got some of my money, I went to the store with it and someone tried to run me down with their car.

I will remember that and listen to God next time hopefully.

I'm alive and well, and God did protect me, but wow, what is wrong with people these days?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, but I'm so thankful you are okay. ♥♥♥
Thanks, we had a homeless person hit by a car a while back and killed. It was tragic. And we had a police officer intentionally ran over and killed by a criminal and that was tragic too.

This is the second time someone has sped up to hit me at that intersection. And both were coming from the same street making that same turn when I had the green light as a pedestrian. I know the first lady saw me as I looked her in the eye as she sped up to hit me. This last time I couldn't look at the car, he was too close to hitting me.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The days of vengeance are losing strength, but people are becoming more desperate!

Desperate people, need their own space to learn to keep calm.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a lot of rage is going on these days .
I've noticed some aggression coming from certain groups of people. Because the gov lets them get away with it they continue. Some get caught and do it out of what the bible calls the brute beast. Which is Satan ruled.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My father wanted me to come out and visit on Labor day. I was to bring my sister out who is disabled and living in an assisted care facility. The spirit cautioned me and said "not today there is danger" and I felt danger when I would commit myself to going. I told my sister I wasn't going out so she called my father and he gave me the guilt trip in a way. So I prayed to God to protect me and committed to going out. I went and everything worked out. I got some of my money that he holds for me and because of it decided to go to the store with the money when I got back. And that is where the ugliness manifested itself. I went to cross the road and a person that was making a left turn floored it right at me. I was already in a jog trying to be kind to him. He just sped up more and turned toward me. I had to go into a full sprint as he tried to run me down.

So it wasn't a car accident that I had to worry about which is what I thought God was warning me about, it was because I got some of my money, I went to the store with it and someone tried to run me down with their car.

I'm alive and well, and God did protect me, but wow, what is wrong with people these days?
Love reading you here after that horrific experience.

There are evil people behind the wheels of cars.

I was walking home one day,and facing traffic for my safety so I could see anyone coming at me. A guy in a pickup drove past and then swerved into the stony shoulder right behind me thinking to scare me.

Spirit told me this was coming. I never flinched or missed a step. But he almost wiped out losing control trying to return into traffic.

God is with us, always./j)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love reading you here after that horrific experience.

There are evil people behind the wheels of cars.

I was walking home one day,and facing traffic for my safety so I could see anyone coming at me. A guy in a pickup drove past and then swerved into the stony shoulder right behind me thinking to scare me.

Spirit told me this was coming. I never flinched or missed a step. But he almost wiped out losing control trying to return into traffic.

God is with us, always./j)
Glad your OK. I found out that being a pedestrian you do have to be careful of just accidental things. But the problem people are out there. I noticed some people driving their cars into crowds. So I'm starting to wonder if running people down is some new thing out there that we have to watch out for.

I kinda wondered, since it was a holiday, if they guy that tried to hit me or scare me was drunk or on drugs. Although it didn't really look like he was trying to scare me. I narrowly missed the car. And I consider a vehicle a lethal weapon. Aiming a car at a pedestrian is similar to pointing a loaded gun at them. I was raised with gun safety so I know you always keep your weapon aimed at something else out of abundance of caution.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Harrowing Devin. God DID protect you, and happy you are okay!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harrowing Devin. God DID protect you, and happy you are okay!
Thanks yes he did. Before I left for my Dads, I felt a spirit say he was angry that I wasn't listening to him. It was a spirit that spoke from like a broad area, instead of a source. It was really a new experience, hearing that type of spiritual conveyance. But in the end God protected me again. I've almost died so many times I can't count anymore. He's always protected me so far.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks yes he did. Before I left for my Dads, I felt a spirit say he was angry that I wasn't listening to him. It was a spirit that spoke from like a broad area, instead of a source. It was really a new experience, hearing that type of spiritual conveyance. But in the end God protected me again. I've almost died so many times I can't count anymore. He's always protected me so far.
Omg, I'm so glad you're ok. Thank God. it must feel so conflicting/troubling when your dad is giving you a guilt trip while the Holy Spirit was telling you otherwise. Next time you can explain it to others so they might be more understanding.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Omg, I'm so glad you're ok. Thank God. it must feel so conflicting/troubling when your dad is giving you a guilt trip while the Holy Spirit was telling you otherwise. Next time you can explain it to others so they might be more understanding.
Thanks, yeah probably poor explanation I did that caused the problem. But everything worked out OK. Lesson learned.