Dietary laws from Adam to the apostles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My definition of the Kingdom of God is narrower. Pagans do not have the Kingdom of God in them.
The problem with that is, God said He was taking the Kingdom "away from" Israel, which means that the Kingdom of God was viewed by God as virtually synonymous with the Kingdom of Israel. Israel included people who claimed to be in covenant with God but actually practiced idol worship, which is paganism.

Matt 21.43 Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.

This side of the immortal Kingdom of God, there will always be "pagan-acting" people within kingdoms that have devoted themselves to God. As I showed you above, God saw His Kingdom on earth as consisting of both weeds and wheat.

Matt 13.24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared....
30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the Fall, Adam and Eve were vegetarians, Genesis 1:

After the flood, Noah was allowed to eat meat, Genesis 9:

But there was a catch:

Don't eat blood.

For the Israelites, Leviticus 17:

Furthermore, there was a refinement between clean and unclean Food, Leviticus 11:

Targeting the Gentiles, the Lord told Peter in Acts 10:

James arrived at a compromise between the influences of Jews and Gentiles, Acts 15: The Jerusalem Council declared in Acts 15:

In the final analysis, for us today, Mark 7:

Paul was emphatic, Romans 14:

Foods law was strange teaching, Hebrews 13:

Colossians 2:

It is reiterated in 1 Timothy 4:

In fact, demons will make dietary requirements.
This analysis ignores contextual consideration and may safely be dismissed.

For instance, Colossians 2:16 has nothing to do with one's daily menu - "meats" and "drinks" refer to "meat and drink offerings" and is here listed along with other such "ceremonies and sacrifices" Jewish precepts which Paul says are shadows which were to lead men to Christ - just as following the shadow of a tree eventually finds one bumping his head on that tree.

Isaiah 66:17 says Jesus is going to burn up those who are found eating pork when He returns in glory - bon appetit.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For instance, Colossians 2:16 has nothing to do with one's daily menu - "meats" and "drinks" refer to "meat and drink offerings" and is here listed along with other such "ceremonies and sacrifices" Jewish precepts which Paul says are shadows which were to lead men to Christ - just as following the shadow of a tree eventually finds one bumping his head on that tree.

Isaiah 66:17 says Jesus is going to burn up those who are found eating pork when He returns in glory - bon appetit.
So you don't believe Mt 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. ? I prefer the 2 commandments thank you. Mt 22:37-40 Then I go back to Gen1 where all He created is good.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You overgeneralized and jumped to conclusions all over the place. To prove that you are not, go ahead and quote my words and contradict them if you are able.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are NO DIETARY LAWS per the grace of God, for what we eat in thanksgiving is clean.
1 Timothy 4:4-5 every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The first animal sacrifice was done by God to cover A& E's sin of nakedness but they were not commanded to eat thereof.
Genesis 3:21
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

No record was made in writing by Moses of when the parkaking of meat was allowed but I'm sure God gave A&E some kind of standards to worship him by.

We see that Abel tended flock and offered the meat & fat as an offering to God.
( per the Law presented by Moses to the ppl ).
Genesis 4:3-7
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Hebrews 11 is the " faith" chapter. Here Abel was mentioned as having received God's respect bc his offering was done in righteousness & faith !
Hebrews 11: 4-7
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

When we follow men or women's doctrine then we are not following God's doctrine which is in HIS WORD!
Hebrews 11.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the Fall, Adam and Eve were vegetarians, Genesis 1:

After the flood, Noah was allowed to eat meat, Genesis 9:

But there was a catch:

Don't eat blood.

For the Israelites, Leviticus 17:

Furthermore, there was a refinement between clean and unclean Food, Leviticus 11:

Targeting the Gentiles, the Lord told Peter in Acts 10:

James arrived at a compromise between the influences of Jews and Gentiles, Acts 15: The Jerusalem Council declared in Acts 15:

In the final analysis, for us today, Mark 7:

Paul was emphatic, Romans 14:

Foods law was strange teaching, Hebrews 13:

Colossians 2:

It is reiterated in 1 Timothy 4:

In fact, demons will make dietary requirements.
Leviticus 20:25-26
25 You shall therefore distinguish between clean animals and unclean, between unclean birds and clean, and you shall not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or by any kind of living thing that creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.

Reactions: Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
25 You shall therefore distinguish between clean animals and unclean, between unclean birds and clean, and you shall not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or by any kind of living thing that creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.
Yes, and Noah knew the difference between clean and unclean.
Gen 7:2 "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female."

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whom was Moses addressing?