"Dispensational Or...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Disobedient?

“And I Will Bring you in unto the land, concerning the which
I Did Swear To Give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and
I Will Give it you for an heritage: I AM The LORD”
(Ex. 6:8).​

They were the chosen people of God. The great I AM Had Personally Led them from
the iron furnace of Egypt with the promise of a land flowing with milk and honey.
So when the children of Israel came to the border of that promised land, they went
up to take it.

“We have The Word of Almighty God,” they said. “We have His Promise That He Will
Deliver this land into our hand.” So up they went, and down they fell in horrific defeat, disillusionment, and despair..." [Sound familiar today?]

"...“And they rose up early in the morning...saying, Lo, we be here,
and will go up unto the place which The LORD Hath Promised...
Then the Amalekites came down, and the Canaanites which dwelt
in that hill, and smote them...”
(Num. 14:40,45).​

The people acted on a Clear Promise of God, yet He Refused to honor
their “obedience” to His Word and instead saw them all destroyed...

...as we consider one final, “unflattering” label that The Holy Spirit Puts upon the
anti-dispensational spirit, we pray that it would move us with all zeal against this
power of darkness, and move us With All Grace...
"
(D Stewart)

FULL study:
Dispensational Or Disobedient?

upload_2022-9-5_9-40-25.png

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Disobedient?

the iron furnace of Egypt with the promise of a land flowing with milk and honey.
So when the children of Israel came to the border of that promised land, they went
up to take it.

“We have The Word of Almighty God,” they said. “We have His Promise That He Will
Deliver this land into our hand.” So up they went, and down they fell in horrific defeat,
disillusionment, and despair..." [Sound familiar today?]

...as we consider one final, “unflattering” label that The Holy Spirit Puts upon the
anti-dispensational spirit, we pray that it would move us with all zeal against this
"
(D Stewart)

FULL study:

View attachment 25671

GRACE And Peace...

Who is the Great I AM Grace, does He have a name?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Disobedient?

up to take it.

Deliver this land into our hand.” So up they went, and down they fell in horrific defeat,

"
(D Stewart)

FULL study:

View attachment 25671

GRACE And Peace...

Well, you are taking Numbers 14 out of context. They failed not because it was a different dispensation. But they failed because they did not obey God and they complained and wanted to go back to Egypt. They abandoned the Lord and were told by God that they would not enter and yet they defied what God said again and tried to go into battle to take the land (against God’s Word). This was not a new dispensation, but it was their disobedience (sin) that prevented them from being able to enter the promised land. The lesson here is that believers cannot think they can sin and still be saved (Which is what Mid Acts Dispensationalism denies). Read Numbers 14 in the New Living Translation and then compare it with the KJB. Yes, they could have originally entered the promised land if they did not sin and they believed. But seeing they sinned, and they did not believe, they could not enter.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
...Disobedient?

up to take it.

"
(D Stewart)

FULL study:

View attachment 25671

GRACE And Peace...
Which commandment did God revoke?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP sounds like it is teaching the false teaching of MAD. Mid Acts Dispensationalism (MAD) basically says that Paul wrote only to the Gentile believers, and Peter to only the Jews. Mid Acts is also saying that Jesus taught entirely different teachings in the gospels than the apostle Paul.

However, Peter says that his beloved brother Paul had also had written unto of whom Peter was writing to, as well.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16).

In addition, ...

What was Paul's opinion regarding the teachings or words of Jesus Christ?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

(Colossians 2:8).

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.”

(1 Timothy 6:3-5).

So Jesus and Paul taught the same gospel or teaching.

In fact, Mid Acts Dispensationalism is nothing new. Back in Paul's day, people were also wrongfully following Paul, too. For Paul said that there should not be divisions between Christ and what he taught (1 Corinthians 1:10-13); For Paul said, "Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" (1 Corinthians 1:13).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we are initially and ultimately saved by God's grace through faith in Christ, the Bible also teaches that works of faith also play a part in the salvation process. For both Jesus and Paul taught and or implied that works play a part in eternal life.

#1. Both Jesus and Paul essentially say you can deny God by one's works.

For Jesus said,
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" (Matthew 7:23).

Jesus said,
"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30).

Paul said,
"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

#2. Both Jesus and Paul essentially say you need to drink of (walk in) the Spirit as a part of everlasting life.

Jesus said,
"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14).

Jesus said,
"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:38).

John said this of Jesus's words,
"(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" (John 7:39).

Paul said,
“...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

Paul said,
“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

Paul said,
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1).

#3. Both Jesus and Paul say that the judgment involves those being condemned or punished in the afterlife for doing evil vs. doing good leading to glory or life as a part of God's kingdom.

Jesus said,
"And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Paul said,
"But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:8-11).

Paul said,
19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

#4. Both Jesus and Paul taught that we have to continue to abide in the good works of the Lord or we will be cut off and or burned in the fire.

Jesus said,
4 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned" (John 15:4-6).

Paul said,
“For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

#5. Both Jesus and Paul essentially say that the fear of the Lord is a part of salvation.

Jesus said,
"Fear not them who can kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him (The Lord, i.e. Jesus) who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna (i.e. the Lake of Fire) (‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:28‬).

Paul said,
"...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12).

#6. Both Jesus and Paul taught that laboring for the right kind of food relates to everlasting life.

Jesus says,
"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you..." (John 6:29).

Jesus says,
"My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." (John 4:34).

Paul said,
“...And having become servants of God, ye have your fruit unto holiness and the end, everlasting life.” (Romans 6:22).

#7. Both Jesus and Paul spoke of a time in the last days of where false prophets shall arise who are faithless and who do not love (i.e. they will have a form of godliness).

Jesus said,
"Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8).

Jesus said,
"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." (Matthew 24:12).

Jesus said,
"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:11).

Paul said,
1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was."
(2 Timothy 3:1-9).

Side Note:

Please take note that James says he will show you his faith by his works (James 2:18). So the faithless that Jesus talks about are those who are fruitless or those who do not have any truly good works. 2 Timothy 3:1-9 is also a revealing passage, as well. Basically it is saying what you are not supposed to be like. For this passage describes those who have a form of godliness and they are lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God. This means that a Belief Alone Type Gospel (that leads to one not being concerned about sin or not treating it as seriously) is simply not true. For the moment I tell someone that all they need to do to be saved is to believe in Jesus and nothing else, they are going to not be concerned with living holy (because they do not think it is necessary to enter God's Kingdom).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a respecter of persons. Ultra Dispensationalism or Mid Acts Dispensationalism seems like God is showing more favor to one group of people over another. This seems inconsistent with the character of GOD and His goodness and fairness.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which commandment did God revoke?
Thanks for the Great Question - it was found, in the study, on page 18:

"...Too Late

In our first example, the people did go up to take the land, but not
until after God Had Revoked His Order to do so. When the spies returned
from searching out the land, most reported that any attempt to take it
would be sheer suicide (Num. 13:31-33).

The people believed their evil report, and God responded by reversing
His previous command. No longer were they to go up and take the land,
but now were commanded to remain for a generation in the wilderness.

“But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in
this wilderness. And your children shall wander
in the wilderness forty years...”
(Num. 14:32,33).​

But rather than submit themselves to the change, the people presumed
upon God to act on His Former promises, promises of a time now past,
and no longer theirs to claim. Someone might say,

“But at least they obeyed in the end. Better late than never, right?”

But that’s exactly the problem, they didn’t obey at all! You see, to “obey”
a commandment that God has revoked is not obedience, and to do so
contrary to the present instruction is outright transgression:

“And Moses said, Wherefore now do ye transgress
the commandment of the Lord?”
(Num. 14:41)...​
"
(D Stewart - Dispensational Or Disobedient?)

GRACE, Peace, And JOY...

Reactions: marks

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the Great Question - it was found, in the study, on page 18:

"...Too Late

In our first example, the people did go up to take the land, but not
until after God Had Revoked His Order to do so. When the spies returned
from searching out the land, most reported that any attempt to take it
would be sheer suicide (Num. 13:31-33).

The people believed their evil report, and God responded by reversing
His previous command. No longer were they to go up and take the land,
but now were commanded to remain for a generation in the wilderness.

“But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in
this wilderness. And your children shall wander
in the wilderness forty years...”
(Num. 14:32,33).​

But rather than submit themselves to the change, the people presumed
upon God to act on His Former promises, promises of a time now past,
and no longer theirs to claim. Someone might say,

“But at least they obeyed in the end. Better late than never, right?”

But that’s exactly the problem, they didn’t obey at all! You see, to “obey”
a commandment that God has revoked is not obedience, and to do so
contrary to the present instruction is outright transgression:

“And Moses said, Wherefore now do ye transgress
the commandment of the Lord?”
(Num. 14:41)...​
"
(D Stewart - Dispensational Or Disobedient?)

GRACE, Peace, And JOY...

Right, just because their obedience later was no longer applicable (Because of their previous disobedience and unbelief) does not mean it was an entirely different dispensation for all believers. Joshua and Canaan did obey and it did apply to them to enter because they believed.
If things changed entirely in regards to time, then Joshua and Canaan could not enter the promised land based on their obedience. So it was circumstantial and not a site wide change for all people because of a change of a covenant or a change in dispensation.

This does not prove Mid Acts Dispensationalism (Which is false).
Yes, we cannot go back and obey the Old Testament Law of Moses as a whole or package deal.
The Old Law ended with Christ's death upon the cross. But that does not mean we are not under no laws whatsoever. Even the apostle Paul said he is under the the Law of Christ (or the Laws of Christ) (1 Corinthians 9:21).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
While we are initially and ultimately saved by God's grace through faith in Christ, the Bible also teaches that works of faith also play a part in the salvation process.

Your Works play no part in the Cross of Christ.
The Cross of Christ is Salvation.
Jesus is Salvation.

If you try to add your works, then you are a Gospel heretic, who is this... Galatians 1:8

Listen,
There is literal ignorance at play, within people who try to add their self effort to the Blood of Jesus, as if God's Salvation requires it.

Reader,
Consider some common sense...

Here..

Before you are saved, you can do the very same good works that you can do after you are saved.
Its all just deeds......done, before God gave you His Salvation, or after.
So, if your deeds are "filthy rags" as compared To Christ, before you are saved, then if you believe they are now not the same filthy works of self effort as compared to Christ, after God saves you, then you brain is not connected to New Testament reality., and your Faith is not connected to the Cross of Christ and is disconnected from the Grace of God.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Romans 3:27 basically says that boasting is excluded when it comes to the faith (i.e. the Law of faith).
For example: Hebrews 11:7 says by faith Noah prepared an ark to the saving of his house. So while faith may start off as a belief alone in Jesus as your Savior when you first are saved, that does not mean faith remains as a belief alone. Meaning, by faith Noah built the ark and he did not just sit on his hands and do nothing. In other words, Noah acted out on God’s instructions as a part of his faith in God. If Noah did not do what God said as a part of the faith, he would have perished in the flood. Believing alone would not have saved Noah in that particular instance. But some today teach a demon belief type faith. For even the demons believe and tremble.

To put it to you another way: Noah could not boast in obeying God in building the Ark because he was simply following what God told him to do. Noah had to believe God by acting upon what God said.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Many do not understand that Paul was addressing the heresy of which I call, “Circumcision Salvationism.” This was the false belief that said you had to first be circumcised in order to be saved. We see this heresy mentioned in Acts of the Apostles 15:1, Acts of the Apostles 15:5, and Acts of the Apostles 15:24. Paul himself said if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing (Galatians 5:2). Then Paul starts talking about the Law (Galatians 5:4). This would be the Law of Moses. Granted, circumcision was first given to Abraham, but the point here is that we are not under the works of the Laws of Moses (the 613 Laws given to Israel as a whole or package deal). Paul says we are not under the Law in Romans 6:14. But this would be the Law of Moses because he says he is under the Law of Christ in 1 Corinthians 9:21. For we cannot be justified by the Law of Moses (See: Acts of the Apostles 13:39). This does not mean certain laws of the Old Law or the Law of Moses has not carried over into the commands of Christ, but the idea here is that we follow Jesus and His followers and not Moses.

In other words, when Paul mentions the word “works” or “law” in generic sense in a negative light, he is referring to the Law of Moses that does apply anymore.

Anyways, don’t take my word for it. Read the book of Galatians more closely, and you will see that Paul is talking in context to the Old Law or the Law of Moses. The same is true with the book of Romans, as well. Read it more closely.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To all:

Romans 3:27 basically says that boasting is excluded when it comes to the faith

When a person believes....>"God started my Salvation, but now i have to do something to complete it or to keep from losing it".... They are boasting that they can Match God's Redemption, with their self effort.
That is "boasting".

When you teach that boast, you are a Cross Rejector, teaching Legalism.

Here is the boast. "i dont believe that Jesus keeps me saved".. "I believe i can lose my Salvation"
= So, you are boasting that YOU are equal to the Blood and Death of Christ", having the power of Redemption, boasting that YOU can be your own Salvation.
That's filthy pride that is SELF Righteousness.... that is literally pretending to be God's Salvation.

That is how you "Do despite to the Spirit of Grace" and "trample underfoot the Blood of Christ".

Be careful with that self deception, as it'll harm your life.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

In regards to Mid Acts Dispensationalism (Hyper-Dispensationalsim):

Cornelius R. Stam (founder of Hyper-Dispensationalism, 1930s-40s) believed his message was concealed from the church until his lifetime. This is sounds similar to that of a cult like the JW’s, Mormonism, and Islam. For they also each had special new revelations that did not exist until they came. This is why Mid Acts is dangerous. It seeks to chop out the teachings of Jesus, Peter, John, and James, from the teachings of the apostle Paul. This is because they believe Paul taught a belief alone is all you need to be accepted by God and nothing else. But this is not the case. For example: Paul taught that one can deny the faith and be worse than an unbeliever if one does not provide for his own (1 Timothy 5:8). Paul said he could be a cast away if he did not keep his body under subjection (1 Corinthians 9:27). Paul did not think we can continue in sin so that grace may abound (See: Romans 6:1-2). Paul taught that if you live after the flesh (sin), you will die (die spiritually), but if you put to death the misdeeds of the body (sin) by the Spirit, you will live (live eternally) (See: Romans 8:13). Paul says, “For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9).

So we have to not be weary in well doing (by sowing to the Spirit), for if we faint not, we will reap everlasting life. Of course they like to twist Paul’s words in Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Romans 4:3-5, and Romans 11:6 when in reality Paul was talking about how we are initially saved by God’s grace through faith (When we first come to the Lord). Paul is not advocating that God’s grace was a license to sin (Jude 1:4). For God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To all:

Paul taught that if you live after the flesh (sin), you will die (die spiritually)

You added the word "spiritually" to the verse,...
However, The Spirit in a person, unbelieving or not, cannot die, it can only exist in eternity, in hell or Heaven.
So, by redesigning the verse to fit some Cult Commentary you paste endlessly, , you are adding your theology to the word of God .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
but if you put to death the misdeeds of the body (sin) by the Spirit, you will live (live eternally)

No human being "Lives eternally" by putting to death their body's "Misdeeds".
So,, this CULT idea, has nothing to do with the Cross, or Jesus Himself dying for sin.

The only way a person receives eternal life, is if it is given to them, based on believing in Jesus.

Jesus said...."all that believe in me, I give unto you eternal life....and you shall never perish".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
T This is because they believe Paul taught a belief alone is all you need to be accepted by God and nothing else. But this is not the case.

Paul's only gospel is "faith is accepted/counted as Righteousness" by GOd.. without works, and we are "justified BY faith" only because We give God our Faith in Christ that God accepts.
Bible Highlighter, you cult teaching, denies Paul's Gospel, and that makes you this....Galatians 1:8

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death” (John 8:51).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To everyone here:

Temporal Belief Alone Salvationism is true because we are first saved by God’s grace through faith without works in our INITIAL Salvation (Which generally includes our believing the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
But Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism is false because it says all you need to do is just believe in Jesus as your Savior your whole life (plus nothing else), and you are saved. Of course James argued against Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism in James 2. Of course even the apostle Paul warned against how sin can cause one to not inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21) (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). Of course even the apostle Paul taught that vain deceivers deny God by being reprobate unto every good work (Titus 1:16).

But Mid Acts Dispensationalists reject the words of James as being applicable to them. How convenient. Well, then they cannot escape Paul, though. Even Paul’s words condemn them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To all:

Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death” (John 8:51).

And here is the saying of Jesus, that we KEEP, and do, so that we will never see the 2nd Death, as you are certainly going to DIE at some point.

Jesus said...."you MUST be BORN AGAIN"

And Jesus said..>"ALL that believe in me, i give unto you ETERNAL LIFE and you shall never perish".

So, if you "Keep those sayings" (do them) you will never have to face the 2nd Death, = Hell, then the Lake of Fire.