Dispensationalism's Foundation, John N. Darby And C.I. Scofield

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Pre-Trib Rapture is A fabrication of man, namely John N. Darby & Adulterer C.I. Scofield, and found no place in God's words

Scofield in his 1909 reference bible was the greatest influence, planting dispensationalism in the minds and hearts of the unsuspecting, selling million of copies worldwide, that contained the teachings of Darby's pre-trib rapture in the reference notes

Yes Scofield is the very foundation of dispensationalism's world headquarters at (Dallas Theological Seminary) with his prodigy (Lewis S. Chafer) being its pioneer and inception

Adulterer C.I. Scofield abandoned his wife Leotine and two daughters Abigail and Helen in Kansas, and in Dallas Texas he ran off with the young college girl (Hettie Van Wark) in marriage, being 17 years her senior, yes this adulterous relationship gave the world the Scofield 1909 reference bible

And dont forget the Adulterer in Hal Lindsey, on his fourth wife, hailing from Dallas Theological, prominent teacher and book writer, promoting dispensationalism for the past 50+ years

C.I. Scofield, A Corrupt Tree With Corrupt Fruit

Matthew 7:17-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John N. Darby DID NOT WRITE ==Luke 21:36
“Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
1 Thessalonians 5:9
“For God hath ""not appointed us to wrath,"" but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,”
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, ""we shall be saved from wrath through him"". (10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” (Romans 5:8-10)
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John N. Darby DID NOT WRITE ==Luke 21:36
“Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
1 Thessalonians 5:9
“For God hath ""not appointed us to wrath,"" but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,”
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, ""we shall be saved from wrath through him"". (10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” (Romans 5:8-10)
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
WRATH & JUDGMENT vs TRIBULATION ACCORDING TO THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS
WRATH
God's wrath has been poured out upon people and nations over the course of human history, but it has not necessarily been poured out upon the whole world in each case (for example: Exodus 15:3-7).

JUDGMENT
God's wrath being poured out upon a people is always a judgement,
since it is always produced by God’s burning anger (thymós in the Greek; chârôn in the Hebrew), but it’s not always a final judgement. A final judgement came upon Babylon when the wrath of God came upon the city, but a final judgement did not come upon Jerusalem when the wrath of God came upon the city in the day Jerusalem was destroyed by the the armies of Babylon: Jeremiah 50:13

FINAL JUDGMENT
The first time in the Bible that we read about humanity being finally judged is in the account of the flood in Genesis, when only the elect (Noah and his family) were saved. The last time we read about humanity being finally judged is in the Revelation, where we read about fire coming down from heaven and destroying the armies of the rebellious nations who had surrounded the camp of the saints (Revelation 20:9).

TRIBULATION
Tribulation is merely a word which describes the experience of humans, whether they be Jews or Gentiles, believers or unbelievers; and there is no "once-off" experience of tribulation. A period of tribulation being experienced by any people may or may not be what they are experiencing as a result of God's wrath, (for example, the tribulation that Christians experienced under the hand of Nero was not as a result of God's wrath coming upon them, nor was the tribulation Israel experienced under the hand of Pharaoh in Egypt), but the plagues were being experienced by the Egyptians as a result of God's wrath, in much the same way as the seven last plagues will be experienced by those "who had the mark of the beast, and on those who worshiped his image"

TRIBULATION IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
With the exception of Romans 2:9 and 2 Thessalonians 1:6, every single reference to tribulation in the New Testament is talking about tribulation as the experience of the saints, i.e of those who believe in Christ
(unless Matthew 24:21, which talks about great tribulation, is a third exception to the rule).

GREAT TRIBULATION
There are three times (only three times) in the New Testament where the Greek word mégas (great) is used as an adjective to describe the intensity of the thlîpsis (tribulation):
Matthew 24:21; Revelation 2:22; and Revelation 7:14.

Two are talking about great tribulation as the experience of the saints (Revelation 2:22 and Revelation 7:14).

SAVED FROM WRATH, NOT FROM THE TRIBULATION OF THE SAINTS
The beast of Revelation 13 will make war against the saints and overcome them (Revelation 13:7)

1 Thessalonians 5
9 For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 5
8 But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Luke 21 (talking about the wrath of God to come)
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts are weighed down with headaches and drinking and anxieties of this life; and that day should suddenly come on you;
35 for it shall come as a snare on all those sitting on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch therefore, praying in every season that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things which shall occur, and to stand before the Son of man.

Revelation 3 (The wrath of God is being called "the hour of temptation" in this verse)
10 Because you have kept the word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which will come upon all the world, to try those who dwell upon the earth.

It's talking about being saved from God's wrath, not from tribulation.

The New Testament, like the entire Bible, makes a clear distinction between wrath and tribulation.

Note: The entire "Pre-tribulation rapture" idea is based on conflating tribulation and great tribulation with God's wrath. "The great tribulation" that the New Testament is talking about in the Revelation is a prophesied experience of saints at the hand of the beast in the day he makes war against them and overcomes them, which will not be a tribulation being experienced by the saints as a result of God's wrath coming upon them, because the saints are saved from God's wrath.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great tribulation is God's wrath against evil as never seen before.
Matthew 24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The great tribulation is God's wrath against evil as never seen before.
Matthew 24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again
Sure. I realize that you call that wrath "the great tribulation". But I've shown you clearly that the Bible does not call it that. Great tribulation is megas thlipsis in the Greek each of the only three times it's mentioned in the New Testament, so nice try calling it great distress in Matthew 24:21. In Luke where it's unambiguusly referring to the wrath of God coming upon Jerusalem, it says,

Luke 21:20-24
"And when you see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that its destruction has come. And let those in Judea flee to the mountains. And those in its midst, let them go out. And those in the open spaces, let them not go into her. For these are the days of vengeance (ekdíkēsis), that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
But woe to those who are with child, and to those suckling in those days! For there shall be great distress (anánkē) in the land and wrath (orgḗ) on this people.
And they shall fall by the sword's edge. And shall be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the nations until the times of the nations is fulfilled."

1 ekdíkēsis: vindication, retribution:--(a-, re-)venge(-ance), punishment.
2 anánkē: constraint (literally or figuratively); by implication, distress:--distress, must needs, (of) necessity(-sary), needeth, needful.
3 orgḗ ("wrath"): properly, desire (as a reaching forth or excitement of the mind), i.e. (by analogy), violent passion (ire, or (justifiable) abhorrence); by implication punishment:--anger, indignation, vengeance, wrath.

But in Matthew 24:9, the Greek word is thlipsis (tribulation of the saints), and in Matthew 24:21, it's megas thlipsis (great tribulation).
So nice try changing it to distress in Matthew 24:21.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those left behind on rapture day will see REAL TRIBULATION as they try to live under anti-christ rule and the years of God's judgment wrath against all evil.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time we read about humanity being finally judged is in the Revelation, where we read about fire coming down from heaven and destroying the armies of the rebellious nations who had surrounded the camp of the saints (Revelation 20:9).

TRIBULATION
Tribulation is merely a word which describes the experience of humans, whether they be Jews or Gentiles, believers or unbelievers; and there is no "once-off" experience of tribulation. A period of tribulation being experienced by any people may or may not be what they are experiencing as a result of God's wrath, (for example, the tribulation that Christians experienced under the hand of Nero was not as a result of God's wrath coming upon them, nor was the tribulation Israel experienced under the hand of Pharaoh in Egypt), but the plagues were being experienced by the Egyptians as a result of God's wrath, in much the same way as the seven last plagues will be experienced by those "who had the mark of the beast, and on those who worshiped his image"

TRIBULATION IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
With the exception of Romans 2:9 and 2 Thessalonians 1:6, every single reference to tribulation in the New Testament is talking about tribulation as the experience of the saints, i.e of those who believe in Christ
(unless Matthew 24:21, which talks about great tribulation, is a third exception to the rule).

GREAT TRIBULATION
There are three times (only three times) in the New Testament where the Greek word mégas (great) is used as an adjective to describe the intensity of the thlîpsis (tribulation):
Matthew 24:21; Revelation 2:22; and Revelation 7:14.

Two are talking about great tribulation as the experience of the saints (Revelation 2:22 and Revelation 7:14).

SAVED FROM WRATH, NOT FROM THE TRIBULATION OF THE SAINTS
The beast of Revelation 13 will make war against the saints and overcome them (Revelation 13:7)

1 Thessalonians 5
9 For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 5
8 But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Luke 21 (talking about the wrath of God to come)
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts are weighed down with headaches and drinking and anxieties of this life; and that day should suddenly come on you;
35 for it shall come as a snare on all those sitting on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch therefore, praying in every season that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things which shall occur, and to stand before the Son of man.

Revelation 3 (The wrath of God is being called "the hour of temptation" in this verse)
10 Because you have kept the word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which will come upon all the world, to try those who dwell upon the earth.

It's talking about being saved from God's wrath, not from tribulation.

The New Testament, like the entire Bible, makes a clear distinction between wrath and tribulation.

Note: The entire "Pre-tribulation rapture" idea is based on conflating tribulation and great tribulation with God's wrath. "The great tribulation" that the New Testament is talking about in the Revelation is a prophesied experience of saints at the hand of the beast in the day he makes war against them and overcomes them, which will not be a tribulation being experienced by the saints as a result of God's wrath coming upon them, because the saints are saved from God's wrath.
Your claim is in error, the final judgement takes place in Revelation 20:11-15

However if your intent was to show the physical earthly realm, yes the Lords final judgement by fire is the event, seen multiple times in scripture

Scripture clearly teaches that Revelation 11:18 is the "Final Judgement" (The End) a parallel teaching of Revelation 20:11-15

Of course those that support a Millennium on this earth will claim otherwise, because their hopes and dreams disappear in Gods words of truth before your eyes

Revelation 11:18KJV
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 20:11-15KJV
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your claim is in error, the final judgement takes place in Revelation 20:11-15

Revelation 20:11-15KJV
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Your claim is in error. What you're talking about is the carrying out of the decreed sentence, because that judgment spoken of in Revelation 20:11-15 has already come.

You need to believe Jesus when He speaks:

John 12:31-32
"Now is the judgement of this world. Now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all to Myself."

Revelation 12:9-11
"And the great dragon was cast out, the old serpent called Devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world. He was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a great voice saying in Heaven,

Now has come the salvation and power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony. And they did not love their soul to the death."

John 3:17
"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."

120 years before the flood, God judged the world, and the world was found guilty:

Genesis 6:5-7
"And the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD repented that He had made man on the earth, and He was angry to His heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth, both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air. For I repent that I have made them."

Genesis 6:13-14a
"And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make an ark of Cyprus timbers. You shall make rooms in the ark..."

Genesis 6:3
"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, in his erring; he is flesh. Yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years."

The world, in the days of Noah, was not judged on the day the floods came. The flood was just the carrying out of the decreed sentence which had already been passed when the world was judged 120 years earlier. God had already judged the world, and the world had already been found guilty. The sentence had been decreed, but not carried out yet. There was still a chance to get into the ark, and many were no doubt called into the ark, but few (8 souls) were chosen.

The ark is a picture of Christ:

"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."

Hebrews 11:7
"By faith Noah, having been warned by God of things not yet seen, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith."

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any of us should perish, but that all of us should come to repentance."

When the world was judged, the judgement fell on Christ, and just as the floods came upon the ark, but the ark was lifted up (and out of the destruction) while those in the ark were saved (but only those in the ark), so Christ bore the judgement of the world, was lifted up from the earth, and He is our ark, the ark of those who are IN HIM through faith in Him.

So if we believe the words of Jesus and the Revelation Jesus has given us, then we will understand that God’s judgement has already come, but the decreed sentence is yet to be carried out. What will occur at the time of the return of Christ is not "the" judgement (because the judgement of this world came when Christ died on the cross), but it will be a judgement, because whenever the wrath of God is poured out upon people or nations, it’s a judgement.

What will occur at the time all souls appear before the Great White Throne is the carrying out of the decreed sentence; and Jesus is our Ark.

Hebrews 1:1-2
"God, who at many times and in many ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds."

"The last days" in Noah's day was the 120 years before the flood came.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is in error. What you're talking about is the carrying out of the decreed sentence, because that judgment spoken of in Revelation 20:11-15 has already come.

You need to believe Jesus when He speaks:

John 12:31-32
"Now is the judgement of this world. Now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all to Myself."

Revelation 12:9-11
"And the great dragon was cast out, the old serpent called Devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world. He was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a great voice saying in Heaven,

Now has come the salvation and power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony. And they did not love their soul to the death."

120 years before the flood, God judged the world, and the world was found guilty:

Genesis 6:5-7
"And the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD repented that He had made man on the earth, and He was angry to His heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth, both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air. For I repent that I have made them."

Genesis 6:13-14a
"And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make an ark of Cyprus timbers. You shall make rooms in the ark..."

Genesis 6:3
"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, in his erring; he is flesh. Yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years."

The world, in the days of Noah, was not judged on the day the floods came. The flood was just the carrying out of the decreed sentence which had already been passed when the world was judged 120 years earlier. God had already judged the world, and the world had already been found guilty. The sentence had been decreed, but not carried out yet. There was still a chance to get into the ark, and many were no doubt called into the ark, but few (8 souls) were chosen.

The ark is a picture of Christ:

Hebrews 11:7
"By faith Noah, having been warned by God of things not yet seen, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith."

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any of us should perish, but that all of us should come to repentance."

When the world was judged, the judgement fell on Christ, and just as the floods came upon the ark, but the ark was lifted up (and out of the destruction) while those in the ark were saved (but only those in the ark), so Christ bore the judgement of the world, was lifted up from the earth, and He is our ark, the ark of those who are IN HIM through faith in Him.

So if we believe the words of Jesus and the Revelation Jesus has given us, then we will understand that God’s judgement has already come, but the decreed sentence is yet to be carried out. What will occur at the time of the return of Christ is not "the" judgement (because the judgement of this world came when Christ died on the cross), but it will be a judgement, because whenever the wrath of God is poured out upon people or nations, it’s a judgement.

What will occur at the time all souls appear before the Great White Throne is the carrying out of the decreed sentence; and Jesus is our Ark.

Hebrews 1:1-2
"God, who at many times and in many ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds."

"The last days" in Noah's day was the 120 years before the flood came.
Nice explanation, thanks for the work, I agree

Reactions: Zao is life