Dispute over Jesus Testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world.

If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

The Pharisees replied, “You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid.”

Jesus told them, “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself.

For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me.

You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone.

The Father who sent me is with me.

Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact.

I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other.” “Where is your father?” they asked.

Jesus answered, “Since you don’t know who I am, you don’t know who my Father is.

If you knew me, you would also know my Father.” Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury.

But he was not arrested, because his time had not yet come.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
John 8:12-20 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” The Pharisees rep | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world.

If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

The Pharisees replied, “You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid.”

Jesus told them, “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself.

For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me.

You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone.

The Father who sent me is with me.

Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact.

I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other.” “Where is your father?” they asked.

Jesus answered, “Since you don’t know who I am, you don’t know who my Father is.

If you knew me, you would also know my Father.” Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury.

But he was not arrested, because his time had not yet come.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
John 8:12-20 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” The Pharisees rep | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

I think the dispute was settled when you stated what Jesus said Matt: Jesus answered, “Since you don’t know who I am, you don’t know who my Father is.

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing Robert.

I found out about Adar, that is a reference to Esther, related to Mordica which you mentioned in another post.

I like to share these little segments of scripture for people who may come by and read it out loud to themselves and see what is going on, sometimes I will read what people say out loud and try to understand their perspective and that can be tough to do sometimes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispute Over Who Jesus Is
21 Once more Jesus said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.”

22 This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?”

23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him.

This is just more from the previous chapter shared in the first post.