Do we need evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was conversing with a friend of mine on the subject of good and evil. He seems to believe that in order for us to understand good, we have to have evil. What do you think?

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
When Adam and Eve partook of that Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, their eyes were opened to be able to discern both. We cannot know both without either.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I do believ that state is truth because how would you know what is good. If you don't know what is bad. It like good taste and bad. How do you know the defiance between both?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me add the question, will we and can exist without evil?

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Yes we could but would be boring world. Now can youa nswer this if was for evil. What would point for God to gave us free will and what would make us different from the angel?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know... I'm stupid... Nothing I say matters! Duh!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
After the creation of the New Heavens/Earth, there won't be any evil in all of creation. Absolute good will exist forever with no trace of evil and we won't even remember anything about the evil earth.

Isaiah 65:17
See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Let me add the question, will we and can exist without evil?

Yes, we can, and will... exist without evil in God's future new heavens and a new earth.

Isa 11:6-9
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
(KJV)

ttruscott

Feb 3, 2012
Wet Coast of Canada
When the GOD who is love existed and loved each other before the creation...was there evil? Did they know good? Of course THEY knew good without any touch of evil at all!

Once created, IF every single one of the spirits created in HIS image had chosen by their innermost free will desire to bow to GOD - then we'd all be good and loving without any need to know evil for anything.

The potential for evil is necessary for a true free will choice to be free, but the reality of evil is not necesary to learn, to understand or to discern andthing at all!

God blesss,

Ted

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the creation of the New Heavens/Earth, there won't be any evil in all of creation. Absolute good will exist forever with no trace of evil and we won't even remember anything about the evil earth. Isaiah 65:17 See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.
Yes this is what I believe, and I don't think it will be boring either. It seems Satan has confused and is currently confusing others into believing something that is not true.(Like that never happened before) What I see as disturbing is the confusion between good and evil. More and more evil is accepted as the norm, and we know how no one likes to disrupt the status quo.

The way I see it is in our Lord's prayer, Jesus asks for deliverance from evil. God will place all His enemies under His feet. THE GROUNDWORK IS LAID. We only await to see the outcome.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I mean boring to life these days. Everyone would be perfected and nothing big would happen.

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
Yes we could but would be boring world. Now can youa nswer this if was for evil. What would point for God to gave us free will and what would make us different from the angel?

My sin brought me nothing but misery; I had a taste of God to become holy, I was filled with joy and happiness my cup was over flowing.

Reactions: ttruscott

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dualistic thought has no place here. These are not opposites. Evil is dependent on good but good is not dependent on evil.
Evil is Good twisted and perverted and not an independent opposite.

Reactions: ttruscott

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dualistic thought has no place here. These are not opposites. Evil is dependent on good but good is not dependent on evil.
Evil is Good twisted and perverted and not an independent opposite.
Yeah I can understand this system of thought on the subject. The system I came up with is both exist in love, good being the exemplification of love, evil being the absence of love.

I can reckon it to atheism. They hate it when you tell them they have faith, but truly they do. They have faith to believe there is no God. To which their response is, no I have a lack of faith in God. To where my response is nobody truly knows if there is a God, your belief is dictated by what side you put your faith.