Do you have a case against your neighbor?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paraphrasing what it says to me for this study. It has been on my mind lately and this is my taking another look at it. Keeping in mind “going before the law of sin” where if you fail in one point you fail in all.

Now do you Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and platter—but inside your inward part—that is to say the heart—is full of ravening and wickedness.

Did He that made that which is without…make that which is within also? Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgement (John 7:24)
Woe to you Pharisees after the law of sin—you pass over judgment and the Love of God.

1 Corinthians 6​
Do you have a case against your neighbor?

James 2:8-10 If you fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, you shall love you neighbour as yourself, you do well: [9] But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

if you have “law courts” dealing with this life, do you appoint Judges who are of no account in the church?

Is there not a wise man among you (1 Corinthians 1:26), able to judge between his brothers?

But instead brother goes “to law” against brother …and you do so before unbelievers!
See! Then it is already a defeat for you that have “lawsuits” with one another. On the contrary, you wrong and defraud. And that you do before unbelievers!

Were you not washed clean?(John 15:3, James 4:8) are you yet full of extortion? (Matthew 23:25) is your heart yet hardened?

All things are lawful for me—but not all things are profitable. Especially since it is already a defeat when I go to law against my neighbor.

“it is already a defeat for you that have a case of “lawsuits with you neighbor
Romans 13:9-10 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.​

James 2:6-10 But you have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? [7] Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which you are called? [8] If you fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: [9] But if ye have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.​

Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prositute?

do you have a case against your neighbor? Why not take it and allow yourself to be defrauded? —to me what that suggest is when you go to law with lawsuits, a case against your neighbor, then you have already been defeated being —on the contrary you defraud and wrong. Because if you fail in one point of the law, you fail in all the law —love your neighbor as you love yourself. Would we make a case against ourself and go to law with a lawsuit against ourself? How would that go?

1 Corinthians 6:16: Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH."

1 Corinthians 6:17 : But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point, I borrowed James 2:8-10 for my sin discussion thread in the bible study section. Thanks victory, I think it's relevant.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus