Do You Have Discernment in The Scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
'age' is and weak false deceptive ploy, because the actual Greek word is translated to BOTH "world" and "age" in The New Testament.
Like I have said, I am not dogmatic, especially when it comes to eschatology.

But I'm getting tired of you folk calling others as being in a state of constant error, while you have all the answers.

J.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FOR THOSE IN CHRIST JESUS INTERESTED:
Line upon Line explanation of Christ's Olivet Discourse, see the link for this study here...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's YOUR adding to the Scriptures there in Matthew 24. You are VAINLY TRYING TO POINT TO HIS DISCIPLES AS following the JEW'S religion by your false statement! NO, His disciples would be called CHRISTIANS later, and they represented His EARLY CHURCH.
Could that also mean they KNEW about His future return and that restoration? Yeah!
Before you ramble on, to whom was given seven mysteries that the OT prophets knew nothing about?
And what are those mysteries?
J.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not about discernment of Scriptures!!!

It is about getting to personally know the Lord Jesus Christ!!

He sends His Holy Spirit to talk to our spirit, but the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit!

So we need to discern what spirit is talking to us!!

If you are hearing a spirit which is telling you it is about discernment of Scriptures - what spirit would that be?

Is it not a religious spirit??

JN 5: 39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

The Pharisees were making it about discernment of Scriptures, and not about getting to know the Lord personally - as can be seen in the above verse.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

So are we believe in Jesus Christ or not??? If we believe in Him we seek Him!! He said His sheep hear His voice, and it is written that they will all be taught of God. So His sheep hear His voice and He teaches us!!

For example He once told me:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

When you do, if you do, listen to Him you find that He does in fact teach you!! He does that in many ways, and one of the obvious ways it so use the Bible as a textbook - but it is not even close to the only way He teaches you, but He does teach you and you do hear His voice - if in fact you are His sheep - or elect as some would put it. I wouldn't put it that way, because it is written that He wishes none would perish and that He is standing there at the door knocking with His voice so that if anyone, as in "anyone", would hear His voice and open the door He would come into them...

Still - many reject Him. They say that He cannot be found today, so they don't seek Him and don't find Him! They lean on their own understanding in all their ways, and don't test the spirits as instructed! Therefore, they miss that fact that the Word of God we preach is found near us, in our hearts and mouths!! So, they wind up trying to preach the Scriptures instead of the Word of God which is found in our hearts!!!

And their folly is easy to see for those who did seek Jesus Christ and did find Him like it is written - All who seek find. So they misinterpret the Bible over and over and over!

They read a verse like: Matt 24: 21-26

And think they mean that we can not seek Jesus Christ and find Him! So they say to themselves that nobody knows Him today. They say to themselves that they are the elect who truly know that Jesus Christ will return someday, failing to understand that He is available to believer's Today!!

What they miss it that Jesus explained that His words were spirit and were life! They missed the fact that Jesus explained that His Kingdom was not of this world, but was in our midst! They fail to understand that while we cannot point to the Kingdom of God, because it is not in our realm so as to be able to point at it, it is still around us and at all times!!

Jesus Christ, came down out of heaven, as The Word of God, where He was the King. He took on flesh and willingly let Himself be taken to the cross and killed by us men who did not want to hear from Him, ever! So they killed Him, because they had turned to religion and not Him, the Lord their God. Never-the-less, He forgave them, because He loved them anyway. He became the sacrifice for our sin, which was always our not listening to Him like we should! Therefore He made it to where as many of us who believe in Him will be saved, and that is for "anyone". Yet faith comes from hearing, so those who believe in Him hear from Him!!

Yes, God knows before hand who will believe and who will not. And yes, God created us and knew what He was doing. Yet for anyone, it is just a matter of believing the Lord is there, as the Word of God, to be heard from. If you hear from Him, you will not be able to point to where He is at, because He is not in this realm at this time. Yet He is in the Kingdom of God which is in your midst, so you can find Him!!

Don't listen to those who have rejected Him!! Seek the Lord and He will send His Holy Spirit to talk to your spirit!!

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Jn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jn 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Now personally - I don't like the KJV. I mean - We don't speak in that version of English, and frankly the Lord does not speak to me in that version either. The Lord is able to speak to me in my language - which is American, not 1900 English! Who says "and am know of mine"?? I mean if you really want the King James version - do you not know that is was written in 1611? Of course there are only six of those left, but Hendrickson Publishers put out some copies more recently, and I got one of those for the novelty of it. So perhaps I should write"

S Iohn X : 14 I am the good shepheard, and know my sheepe, and am knowen of mine.

But I prefer the NASB and:

Jn 10:14 “I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me,

The point is that religious people get religious, instead of wise. God however is wise!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you obviously believe in Replacement theory, not rightly dividing the Scriptures.
Thanks for revealing yourself as a JUDAIZER like the false Jew converts that were causing Apostle Paul problems in Galatians...

Gal 2:4-6
4 And that because of
false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
KJV

Gal 5:10-12
10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded:
but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
KJV

The "cut off" phrase Apostle Paul is referring to was a rite of certain pagan Greeks that practiced religious castration. Paul was obviously angry at those false Jew converts that spied out the Gentile believers to see if their flesh was circumcised or not.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thanks for revealing yourself as a JUDAIZER like the false Jew converts that were causing Apostle Paul problems in Galatians...

4 And that because of
false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
KJV

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded:
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
KJV

The "cut off" phrase Apostle Paul is referring to was a rite of certain pagan Greeks that practiced religious castration. Paul was obviously angry at those false Jew converts that spied out the Gentile believers to see if their flesh was circumcised or not.
I asked you a question, rambler, to whom was 7 mysteries given that the OT prophets knew nothing about and what are those mysteries.

From where I sit, here in SA, you don't exhibit love, but impose your will upon me.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a preacher say that some people think they have the gift of discernment... But if they were to turn that discernment on themselves for five minutes they would never want to "discern" again!

Reactions: Johann

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a preacher say that some people think they have the gift of discernment... But they would’ve know the gift of discernment if it walked up to them with a red hat on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

4 And that because of
KJV

KJV

If you had any "discernment" you would have "discerned" that I am not a Goy who adopted the religious beliefs and customs of the Jews.
Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Isa 29:21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
Mat 7:1 DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.
Mat 7:2 For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.
Mat 7:3 Why do you stare from without at the very small particle that is in your brother's eye but do not become aware of and consider the beam of timber that is in your own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how can you say to your brother, Let me get the tiny particle out of your eye, when there is the beam of timber in your own eye?
Mat 7:5 You hypocrite, first get the beam of timber out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the tiny particle out of your brother's eye.
AMP

Rom 2:1 THEREFORE YOU have no excuse or defense or justification, O man, whoever you are who judges and condemns another. For in posing as judge and passing sentence on another, you condemn yourself, because you who judge are habitually practicing the very same things [that you censure and denounce].
AMP
Rom 14:1 AS FOR the man who is a weak believer, welcome him [into your fellowship], but not to criticize his opinions or pass judgment on his scruples or perplex him with discussions.
Rom 14:2 One [man's faith permits him to] believe he may eat anything, while a weaker one [limits his] eating to vegetables.
Rom 14:3 Let not him who eats look down on or despise him who abstains, and let not him who abstains criticize and pass judgment on him who eats; for God has accepted and welcomed him.
Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on and censure another's household servant? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he shall stand and be upheld, for the Master (the Lord) is mighty to support him and make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteems one day as better than another, while another man esteems all days alike [sacred]. Let everyone be fully convinced (satisfied) in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. He also who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; while he who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.
Rom 14:7 None of us lives to himself [but to the Lord], and none of us dies to himself [but to the Lord, for]
Rom 14:8 If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or we die, we belong to the Lord.
Rom 14:9 For Christ died and lived again for this very purpose, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
Rom 14:10 Why do you criticize and pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you look down upon or despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God.

Jas 4:11 [My] brethren, do not speak evil about or accuse one another. He that maligns a brother or judges his brother is maligning and criticizing the Law and judging the Law. But if you judge the Law, you are not a practicer of the Law but a censor and judge [of it].

This goes for accusations, judgement, slander, speaking evil/of and talebearers, all forbidden in scripture.

Back to basics, most of us on this Forum, especially those who claim to have discernment, yet have no discernment.

J

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a preacher say that some people think they have the gift of discernment... But if they were to turn that discernment on themselves for five minutes they would never want to "discern" again!
Those who heed men's false doctrine of a Pre-tribulational Rapture Theory definitely ought to try that!