Do you know that the Tallit or Jewish Prayer Shaw represents:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Jesus?
Jesus is the temple of God where true believers come to worship and the JewishTallit is draped over the head when one wishes to enter in and pray to God in private. For our bodies are called tabernacles/tents/booths where God can have fellowship with us.
The tassels or fringe or wings as they are also called represent the name of God which is His Word that when warn over the shoulders and even over the holy of holies being the head of the worshipper where our minds are being in Christ who is our head, are then clothed with Christ who is the Word that the temple is built upon for a firm foundation whom we have heard from the beginning... For in the beginning was THE WORD and the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God.
God and His Word are exactly the same. Yet it is the Father who is Spirit who seeks our worship in Spirit and in Truth... thy Word oh LORD is Truth!

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
KJV
John 17:17
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

Baptism is to confess that you desire to receive Christ and be IMMERSED IN THE WORD so that you will be covered completely in the Word and not be found naked and ashamed at his appearing for his holy body born in his image(attributes).

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, afaithfulone4u.

Judaism 101 says this:

The Torah commands us to wear tzitzit (fringes) at the corners of our garments as a reminder of the mitzvot, kind of like the old technique of tying a string around your finger to remember something. The passage also instructs that the fringe should have a thread of "techeilet," believed to be a blue or turquoise dye, but the source of that dye is no longer known, so tzitzit are today are all white. There is a complex procedure for tying the knots of the tzitzit, filled with religious and numerological significance.
The mitzvah to wear tzitzit applies only to four-cornered garments, which were common in biblical times but are not common anymore. To fulfill this mitzvah, adult men wear a four-cornered shawl called a tallit (pictured above) during morning services, along with the tefillin. In some Orthodox congregations, only married men wear a tallit; in others, both married and unmarried men wear one. In Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist synagogues, both men and women may wear a tallit, but men are somewhat more likely than women to do so. A blessing is recited when you put on the tallit. See the text of the blessing at Tallit and Tefillin.
Strictly observant Jewish men commonly wear a special four-cornered garment, similar to a poncho, called a tallit katan ("little tallit"), so that they will have the opportunity to fulfill this important mitzvah all day long. The tallit katan is worn under the shirt, with the tzitzit hanging out so they can be seen. If you've ever seen a Jewish man with strings hanging out of his clothing, this is probably what you were seeing.
There is no particular religious significance to the tallit (shawl) itself, other than the fact that it holds the tzitzit (fringes) on its corners. There are also very few religious requirements with regard to the design of the tallit. The tallit must be long enough to be worn over the shoulders (as a shawl), not just around the neck (as a scarf), to fulfill the requirement that the tzitzit be on a "garment." Likewise, it should be draped over the shoulders like a shawl, not worn around the neck like a scarf, though that is commonly done (see illustration at right). A longer tallit is commonly folded over the shoulders, to prevent the tzitzit from dragging on the ground. The tallit may be made of any material, but must not be made of a combination of wool and linen, because that combination is forbidden on any clothing. (Lev. 19:19; Deut. 22:11). Most tallitot are white with navy or black stripes along the shorter ends, possibly in memory of the thread of techeilet. They also commonly have an artistic motif of some kind along the top long end (the outside of the part that goes against your neck). This motif is referred to as an atarah (crown). There is no particular religious significance to the atarah; it simply tells you which end is up! It is quite common, however, to write the words of the blessing for putting on the tallit on the atarah, so you can read the blessing while you are putting the tallit on.

There's nothing special about the tallit. It's just a garment to hold the tsitsit (the tassels) on the four corners of the garment, and they are purely to remind someone about God's commandments. Since Yeshua` kept all these commandments for us on our behalf and freed us from the requirements of the law by being made a curse for us and dying in our place on the Roman execution stake called a "cross," we are now under God's grace. Instead, we keep the commandments out of love for Yeshua` who took our place; we honor HIm and, if we wear a tallit, those tsitsit are to remind us of the many commandments of God which we broke and for which He died. They SHOULD be reminding us of Him and the wonderful grace He has shown us in declaring us justified.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, afaithfulone4u.

Judaism 101 says this:

There's nothing special about the tallit. It's just a garment to hold the tsitsit (the tassels) on the four corners of the garment, and they are purely to remind someone about God's commandments. Since Yeshua` kept all these commandments for us on our behalf and freed us from the requirements of the law by being made a curse for us and dying in our place on the Roman execution stake called a "cross," we are now under God's grace. Instead, we keep the commandments out of love for Yeshua` who took our place; we honor HIm and, if we wear a tallit, those tsitsit are to remind us of the many commandments of God which we broke and for which He died. They SHOULD be reminding us of Him and the wonderful grace He has shown us in declaring us justified.
Greetings to you Retrobyter,

So would it be safe to say that the fringes represents the Word of God?
And who is the Word?
John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV
1 John 1:1-2 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
KJV

Jesus is the Bread of life.. the very Word of life that God forsook and had him to die on the cross when God made a body for him and the Word himself became flesh. After he, legally in a body of a man kept the law during his life, his body was Broken on the cross for us to redeem mankind.
God raised His Word back up from the dead on the 3rd day after removing all the added laws for transgressing the 10 originals giving us a new covenant Word in Christ that condensed the original 10 commandments down to 2 in which if done correctly fulfills the law.
We are told to PUT on Christ, to cover ourselves in Christ being clothed/covered so we will not be ashamed.
We are to be fully immersed in the living water to be cleansed from all unrighteousness through the washing by the water of the Word.
However the water washing beginning from the inside out must come first then the garments or wedding garments of WHITE as our Lord.
Gal 3:27
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
KJV
Matt 22:8-14
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
KJV
Rev 3:17-18
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
KJV

Money can not save us.... But "The Word" he can if we cover our sinfulness/nakedness up with it!