Does anyone else have this problem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find this whole conversation shocking. :jest:

Keep a small conductive metal rod like a stainless-steel pen that you can use to touch metal surfaces. That way the electrostatic discharge is at the end of the metal rod and not at your fingertips.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find this whole conversation shocking. :jest:

Keep a small conductive metal rod like a stainless-steel pen that you can use to touch metal surfaces. That way the electrostatic discharge is at the end of the metal rod and not at your fingertips.
“I find this whole conversation shocking.”
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
proxy-image

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It should be happening to other people too, right? I wear the same kind of fabric everyone else does. I do wear mostly cotton blends... that means, some polyester and such. I go to visit friends and I shock them ....they don't shock each other. lol I'm thinking it's something with me/my body.
Some people who drag their feet when walking creates this getting sapped.

When i touched the water tapes i would get zapped. due to having worn out the skin on the ends of my fingers, due to Cement eating them through.
A mate who bought his grands home some years ago and i said i remember when i was 10yo and grouting all of that house and i remembered that my blood is in the white Cement of that Tiling job clearly. and getting zapped at the taps from having worn my skin out.

Maybe be you are suffering from a thin skin condition ! Some medication can thin the skin.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get electric shocked by nearly everything I touch... light switches, appliances (fridge, stove, washer, dryer, etc), certain walls, grocery freezer doors, shopping carts, clothing, people.... sigh. It's not your normal shock. I actually see electricity (like little lightning bolts) shoot out of the switch when I touch it to turn the light on or off.

I've always had this problem to a degree ...but it's worse over the last few years.

Anyone else?
I know I will get shocked if I touch certain things, probably metal things. If I first "slap" something made of metal (which will shock me, but I won't notice), I will remove the static electricity that causes shocks, temporarily, so that whatever I touch next shouldn't give me a shock.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what I think? I still think it is low humidity in your home. I don't care if the TV says the local humidity is 100% you will get different readings in your home than outside. Matbe lower, maybe higher, that depends on how long the big pot of potatos has been boiling in your kitchen, lol.

And dont just go buy one of those cheesy walmart hygrometers, get a digital one or have your buddy that you know that is in HVAC to come test it. Or better yet, call for a free estimate for a Humidifier installation and ask if they can test it. Most shops can test humidity.
If you have a multi meter they have pretty cheap units that will plug ito your melti meter and take the reading.

I can hear you now, but it happens all over town....Well that was my trade and I cant name any retail stores that go to the expense of humidification in the store, they just dont. We get to put in Heat and A/C but not humidifiers. So until you have had a Humdifier estimate and a real reading from inside your home, you could be dropping humidity off the radar prematurely.

I dont think a lot of households boil veggies on the stove that much anymore. A lot of people including myself are more the oven baked guys and microwave oven guys. Which would keep the humidity down inside.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can hear you now, but it happens all over town....
I didn't ask you for your sarcasm. And it does happen in town, and in other people's homes... even my friend who lives in an old house that lets all sorts of humidity in. They don't have central heat and air, and they have their doors open most of the day.

If you can't answer kindly, then I'd prefer you not reply at all.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has helped to a degree is walking barefoot in my yard. It helps at least for a few hours after, which is very nice. :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time I would turn on a light switch…yes it will shock me.
Every time i sat in many a church it would SHOCK me as to what they cling and clung too as doctrine .
NOW it no longer shocks me as i understand that many love to have ears tickled . But not the lambs . lambs love biblical
unadulterated doctrine and not what the many try and feed unto the masses .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the DAY OF THE LORD many are gonna be in for the ultimate SHOCK OF ALL
as they hear , DEPART FROM ME .........................................
i sure dont desire that for the peoples , SO its time we open us some bible and learn THAT GOD and HIS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think a lot of households boil veggies on the stove that much anymore. A lot of people including myself are more the oven baked guys and microwave oven guys. Which would keep the humidity down inside.
My home isn't "most homes." I am not a guy, and I cook my own meals ...some in the oven, some in a crockpot, and at least 60% on top of my stove. I hate microwaves and don't cook foods in a them. A humidifier is something I do have ...but may use more often to see if it helps with increased usage.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask you for your sarcasm. And it does happen in town, and on other people's homes... even my friend who lives in an old house that lets all sorts of humidity in. They don't have central heat and air, and they have their doors open most of the day.

If you can't answer kindly, then I'd prefer you not reply at all.

I wasnt being sarcastic. But I remember you said it happens everywhere. I was merely trying to help you out with, well anything at this point because it seems to be a mystery.

Walking in the grass in the front yard probably grounds you out real good, so if I remember right, they sell anti-staic sneakers? Might be worth a try.

I'm trying to help. Please dont be thin skinned about it.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My home isn't "most homes." I am not a guy, and I cook my own meals ...some in the oven, some in a crockpot, and at least 60% on top of my stove. I hate microwaves and don't cook foods in a them. A humidifier is something I do have ...but may use more often to see if it helps with increased usage.

Fair enough. Sorry.

If you run the humidifier, keep watch at the windows for condensation on them when it's cold out. If you get drops of water on the glass, back the humidifer off one setting it's too much.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough. Sorry.

If you run the humidifier, keep watch at the windows for condensation on them when it's cold out. If you get drops of water on the glass, back the humidifer off one setting it's too much.
Apology accepted. :)

Too much humidity is the issue my friend has, as she gets condensation inside her windows, etc ....which is one reason she likes her doors open a lot of the time.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apology accepted. :)

Too much humidity is the issue my friend has, as she gets condensation inside her windows, etc ....which is one reason she likes her doors open a lot of the time.

Then she needs a dehumidifier. which is just a self contained a/c unit. So one of those window type a/c unit could be ran inside the house. (Dont stick one end out of the window!) and put a bucket under the drain hole

Reactions: TLHKAJ