Does anyone like movies based on true events?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched a well made, interesting movie last night called Prey.

It's based on true events. A mother and two kids get stranded in the African bush after their ranger guide gets killed by lions. Then the lions surround their jeep.

The movie is available on Tubi for free. There are a couple of other movies with the same name so look for the one about Africa.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone like movies based on true events?
OP^

I do. I find them interesting, while knowing there is embellishing added.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good true movie on Tubi is Black Water.

About a small tourist boat that gets overturned by a large crocodile in the wilds of Australia. They have to scramble into low hanging trees with the crocodile waiting for them underneath.

There are a couple of other movies with the same name....look for the crocodile one.

Tubi has a free app (also website). I don't have a smart TV but you can cast their movies onto your TV.

They also have a large faith and family category of movies.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched The Deceivers on Tubi. Based on true events. Interesting and informative. Filmed in India.

In 1825 India, a British officer goes undercover to infiltrate a murderous cult of the Indian goddess Kali.

These thugs that followed Kali would join caravan travelers pretending to be fellow travelers just to rob and then kill them.

For some scenes I used the forward arrow a bit.

It took twenty years to eradicate this murderous cult in India. They claimed two million victims! History I had never heard of before.

• Wow
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Movie - “Hacksaw Ridge”.

Based on the true story of “Desmond Doss”, who joined the Army, (WWII), but refused to carry a rifle. (Religious). Is an outcast by his fellow soldiers and commanding officers. Attempted to be booted out of Service and court marshaled…
He ends up single handedly rescuing and estimated 75 soldiers left for dead on a high ridge in Japan. Begins with a bit of back story of his youth, Parents and brother, rescuing a man inured and meeting his future wife.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I liked two Tom Hanks films based on true stories - Captain Phillips and Sully

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched a well made, interesting movie last night called Prey.

It's based on true events. A mother and two kids get stranded in the African bush after their ranger guide gets killed by lions. Then the lions surround their jeep.

The movie is available on Tubi for free. There are a couple of other movies with the same name so look for the one about Africa.
There was a real good movie they had free with ads a while back on youtube. It's still available:
The Cokeville Miracle: