Does God Change?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
No, and neither does His plan of salvation. The first step is justification of the sinner. In Job 33:26-29, we read…

"He shall pray unto God, and [God] shall be favorable unto him … and if any say, 'I have sinned and perverted that which was righteous and it profited me not,' [God] will deliver his soul from going into the pit, … and he shall see His [Christ's] face and He will render unto him His righteousness. … Lo, all these things worketh God oftimes with men to keep his soul from going into the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living."

This shows man, knowing he has sinned and come short of the glory of God and having not profited thereby, desiring salvation in God/Christ. This is how salvation is applied to the sinner unto eternal life. It has not changed. Acts 2:36-38 is the presentation of the gospel (conviction of sin, testimony to Christ's righteousness, and implication of judgment of sin, Acts 2:36, Jn 16:8-10) .. the believing of the hearers (2:37) .. and the command to "Repent and … receive…" (2:38).

This is not the gospel for those who want to stay just as they are. This is the gospel for those of a heart broken by sin and contrite in spirit (Psa 34:18) asking God to save them and change them. We can't receive the new life until we let go of the old.

skypair

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
skypair said:
No, and neither does His plan of salvation. The first step is justification of the sinner. In Job 33:26-29, we read…

"He shall pray unto God, and [God] shall be favorable unto him … and if any say, 'I have sinned and perverted that which was righteous and it profited me not,' [God] will deliver his soul from going into the pit, … and he shall see His [Christ's] face and He will render unto him His righteousness. … Lo, all these things worketh God oftimes with men to keep his soul from going into the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living."

This shows man, knowing he has sinned and come short of the glory of God and having not profited thereby, desiring salvation in God/Christ. This is how salvation is applied to the sinner unto eternal life. It has not changed. Acts 2:36-38 is the presentation of the gospel (conviction of sin, testimony to Christ's righteousness, and implication of judgment of sin, Acts 2:36, Jn 16:8-10) .. the believing of the hearers (2:37) .. and the command to "Repent and … receive…" (2:38).

This is not the gospel for those who want to stay just as they are. This is the gospel for those of a heart broken by sin and contrite in spirit (Psa 34:18) asking God to save them and change them. We can't receive the new life until we let go of the old.

skypair
nice. Being able to say "I'm sorry," and being willing to make amends, is something that is usually disconnected from this, it seems to me, when it is essential fruit. As well as being able to forgive and forget a matter, and not be offended, etc. All basic human functions, that all understand, but are rare in practice. It is humbling to have to say "I'm sorry," and imo that is a primary test of one's heart.