Does Jesus save cats?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know all dogs go to heaven, but what about cats. They can be real rascals sometimes, ornery and mean. Not very loving. But some are sure.

Let me give you an example of the behavior I find in contempt:

200w.gif

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking because I had a cat when I was younger that was feral. He would attack everyone and almost always clawed and bit you when you tried to cuddle. :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a prime example of behavior I would never have guessed would come from a cat:
icegif-1709.gif

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cat's usually want to be the dominant one so wouldn't they be lowest in heaven:

200w.gif

Reactions: RedRobyn

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear the Lion of Judah is quite fond of cats. :smileycat:
Yeah a Lion and a cat. I see that going over well. But honestly I just started this thread as kinda some humor, dark humor but yes, homor.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was hoping that in the World to Come, I could get that pet tiger I always wanted as a kid.:p

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!

woman-feeding-water-to-tiger-601021609-5bd9c3a546e0fb005136d2fd.jpg
We had a girl in highschool that wanted a pet bengal tiger, we all would joke it would make her dinner. We also actually had a girl in highschool that had a pet orangatang, it broke her fingers one by one. Wild animals aren't for kids Lambano.

Maybe in heaven it would work, I've seen near death stories that talked about how love flows from all the plants and animals in heaven, so dunno maybe your right.

Reactions: Lambano

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a humor thread, but still thought I would weigh in on animals and spirituality.

Every creature has a soul and will certainly be resurrected. There will even be new animals in heaven. The Bible depicts various kinds of animals in heaven and on the new earth. The prophet Isaiah says that on the new earth the wolf will dwell with the lamb (Isaiah 11:6-9). The book of Revelations speaks of horses descending from heaven and every creature singing praises to God (Revelation 5:13). Every creature can receive the Gospel and praise God (Psalm 69:34, Psalm 150:6, Mark 16:15, Psalm 148:10-13). Someday God will make a covenant of safety with every creature (Hosea 2:18).

I have been wanting to make a thread about animals and the resurrection for a while but was not sure if it would be controversial and I was not (and kind of still am not) in a good place with God. For centuries there has been a HORRIBLE misconception (and to an extent blasphemous) that animals don't matter to God and that they simply cease after death. Sadly this very incorrect belief still plagues Christianity and those who spout these untruths (even innocently) give people of other religions and atheists fine arguments against Christianity.

Fortunately there are several verses that outright tell us that every creature will exist forever, despite what so many people have incorrectly believed throughout the centuries.

Every creature will be resurrected as told in Romans 8:19-22: "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

Jesus's own cousin John the Baptist confirms that animals too will see salvation in Luke 3:6: "and all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21: "I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. 21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

Unfortunately the last verse has been misinterpreted by people who were unaware that prior to Christ, every soul went down into the earth. With better hindsight, it confirms that animals go on after death.

Animals were forced into the state they are in and will be redeemed by Jesus. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22: "21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

Finally, let us not forget that He will make everything new "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new."— Revelation 21:5

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only Humans can get to go to Heaven in fact.
A Cat can not be saved or any other because Christ Jesus came to Save you from yourselves.
A cat etc can not be Saved !

My Brother had a real good smart cat and my dad had a real smart good dog once when I lived with them. they both were exceptional over every other cat or average dog I have seen. It was not a working dog, as that is another category.

One does not set a Cross over where you set you dead dog or cat, or Horse do you ! Jesus is not their Saviour is he ?

My brother had a cat with his family and the children could lay over this big cat and the cat would just crawl out from under them, All out cats would not of put up with that at all, they would strike back I am sure. but some one who lived down the road from him killed that cat, but my brother would not say who.

That cat we had at our family home was run down, I heard the car revving flat out for it and then the bang ! and poor Piten was dead.
Piten would sit outside the front door when I would take off to go to work and say Wwaaaww ! and play a game ! I would jab at him with both fingers from the stairway that went down the side of the veranda that he sat swiping at me. boy I got some scratchers out of that game. but he was not out to hurt me at all, but he wanted to win ! You had to play 2 hands because he was quick.

And that good dog I was on about, we had another dog as well and they would follow us out riding our dirt bikes and that could be 8 miles to one spot and then 15 miles to another spot and then back home 4 miles and never gave them a drink of water, they just found spots to drink along the way. They would just turn up ! ran their pads off their paws and were licking them the next day and walking tenderly.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Humans can get to go to Heaven in fact.
A Cat can not be saved or any other because Christ Jesus came to Save you from yourselves.
A cat etc can not be Saved !

My Brother had a real good smart cat and my dad had a real smart good dog once when I lived with them. they both were exceptional over every other cat or average dog I have seen. It was not a working dog, as that is another category.

One does not set a Cross over where you set you dead dog or cat, or Horse do you ! Jesus is not their Saviour is he ?

My brother had a cat with his family and the children could lay over this big cat and the cat would just crawl out from under them, All out cats would not of put up with that at all, they would strike back I am sure. but some one who lived down the road from him killed that cat, but my brother would not say who.

That cat we had at our family home was run down, I heard the car revving flat out for it and then the bang ! and poor Piten was dead.
Piten would sit outside the front door when I would take off to go to work and say Wwaaaww ! and play a game ! I would jab at him with both fingers from the stairway that went down the side of the veranda that he sat swiping at me. boy I got some scratchers out of that game. but he was not out to hurt me at all, but he wanted to win ! You had to play 2 hands because he was quick.

And that good dog I was on about, we had another dog as well and they would follow us out riding our dirt bikes and that could be 8 miles to one spot and then 15 miles to another spot and then back home 4 miles and never gave them a drink of water, they just found spots to drink along the way. They would just turn up ! ran their pads off their paws and were licking them the next day and walking tenderly.
I think cats are loved by God. And that they go to heaven honestly.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think cats are loved by God. And that they go to heaven honestly.
The Lion of Judah is definitely a cat person. On the other hand...

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs ... (Revelation 2:14-15a)

How can the City of God be Heaven without a faithful dog? Some of these scriptures really upset the Sneaky Labrador.

"Sir, if you don't believe in Doggie Heaven, you can take your spurious theology elsewhere!" - Steve Brown

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lion of Judah is definitely a cat person. On the other hand...

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs ... (Revelation 2:14-15a)

How can the City of God be Heaven without a faithful dog? Some of these scriptures really upset the Sneaky Labrador.

"Sir, if you don't believe in Doggie Heaven, you can take your spurious theology elsewhere!" - Steve Brown
I honestly think animals are just children in different bodies.