Does "the Gifts" List Refer To What Different People Get When They *become* Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
This is also how I understand the teaching on gifts Ian.

Unfortunately in these last days there are some people who are faking having these gifts which is such a bad witness to those who come to visit the Churches or Fellowships where this is occurring.

I can understand the Churches that teach that gifts are not for today because with some of ways some people apply their gifts (if they have them in the first place), you can understand why some Christians want to distance themselves from gifts.

I have been taught by Ministers I have sat under that tongues and prophecy have passed away. I'm not convinced because it also says knowledge have passed away as well and so far I haven't seen that happen. I think this is some future time we haven't reached yet. Also it talks about perfection having come and I can't see that yet either.

I agree, understand, and add that there are as many "bad witnesses" among those who believe that the "gifts" have ceased. Religion no mater what mask it is wearing is a carnal impostor to the genuine but in many cases operates unrecognized because of the resistance to the spiritual gifts that reveal the true identity ie; discerning of spirits and or word of knowledge.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned. 1Cor.2:12-14

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I agree, understand, and add that there are as many "bad witnesses" among those who believe that the "gifts" have ceased. Religion no mater what mask it is wearing is a carnal impostor to the genuine but in many cases operates unrecognized because of the resistance to the spiritual gifts that reveal the true identity ie; discerning of spirits and or word of knowledge.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned. 1Cor.2:12-14

I stand in agreement with you both! As long as there is a need for souls to be saved their is a need for the church to be empowered with gifts from God.