Does your understanding of John 3:8 fit the other scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.Or a more literal translation would be:-The Spirit breathes where it wills, and you hear the voice thereof, but cannot tell whence it comes and whither it goes, so is everyone that is born of the SpiritDoes your understanding fit the other scriptures concering the Spirit's coming to everyone?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell from whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."Jesus is using an analogy here. He is saying you can hear the wind, but you can't see it. You can see the objects that are blown about in the wind, but the flow of the air itself you can not see.When man's spirit separates from the flesh body, the soul's spirit goes where the soul goes. I believe our spirit is the intellect of the soul which is that part of him that controls his soul and tells him what to do. The soul and the spirit are as one. I believe our spirit is where our emotions come from and it gives us the ability to know right from wrong. It is from your spirit that your conscience gives you directions. That part of us God talks to as I said on another thread.

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
so what exactly is the aim of your question?... if we understand this scripture according to other scriptures?...how do you see it as different?..just asking out of unsurity.well, i interpret it that out spirits are free to roam as they please, just like the wind goes, and we cannot see our spirit, we can only feel it. so in that state it gives us more privilage than the flesh body does. soething like that.