Dogs and God's Divine Power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I recently read an article about two women who were viciously attacked by some pit bulls while jogging. I really feel for these two ladies and I hope that the authorities deal with this situation appropriately and they be healed completely, in Jesus name! :unsure:

I love dogs. In fact they are my favorite animals, more so than cats although I do tolerate them more than I had in the past. This story sparked some thoughts of dog encounters firstly when I was a teen. Some friends and I decided to pick up another friend who lived out in a rural area for a night service. It was a beautiful balmy evening and the stars were out shining and bright. We decided to walk to her place which we did but about a block from her house, we encountered a pack of snarling, wandering dogs. They began to growl in low tones and circled us, my friends became very scared. I wasn't afraid at all though and began to sing one of my favorite Christian songs "Beauty for ashes" My friends begged me to stop with the singing because it only agitated them more but I was not afraid because I knew that my God was with me. After a while the biggest dog began to loose confidence, whimpered and ran away along with the rest of the pack.

A few years later, some friends and I decided to walk into the city which was about a 20 minute walk at night. We were taking a short cut at the back of an apartment complex where one of the girls lived when we were assailed upon by three guard dogs [Dobermans]. My friends first instinct was to run but an ever small voice inside of me said no! so I yelled at my friends to stop and keep very still. I told them to put their hands down by their sides and lower their eyes to the ground. Do not look directly at them and act like a statue. These dogs went around us a few times and sniffed at us and then ran away. One of my friends asked me how I knew stuff like this and I told her I did not know. It was that ever small voice that I have come to recognize as God, speaking to me through his precious Holy Spirit.... :)

Blessings and Peace!

15n0ffr.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful Puffy July Clouds here in Virginia! This one looked like a puppy! I miss having a dog!

puppy_zpslkjtqbb6.jpg

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A puppy with a bird perched on his nose! :p Yep I miss having a dog also but I seem to be so busy nowadays. I'm not sure whether I have to time for training puppies again :huh: