20 Years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“20 Years”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

A little over a month ago, my wife and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary. We decided to take a trip to Waco, TN to see all things Magnolia. We had a great time and it nice to get away and just enjoy some time just the two of us.

As we passed that 20 year mark, I’ve been thinking a lot the past few weeks about how 20 years can really change a person’s life. So much can happen after 20 years.

Just a little over 20 years ago, I moved to MN and met my wife. I look back and wonder where I would be if I hadn’t met her and ended up with 2 beautiful daughters. I also wonder what habits would still be with me if I hadn’t met her. We’ve experienced ups and downs like any married couple does. We’ve had great times together and very challenging times as well. When we hit the 20 year mark, I thought often to myself, “How in the world did she put up with me for so long???” Haha! Some of you that have known me in the past many years would probably say she had her hands full!

20 years of being married to my wife and 20 years living in MN. MN is not the greatest place to live in the winter and it can get VERY brutal. But, I’ve put up with it. I have wonderful in-laws and my wife’s family is a family of faith, which I am so thankful for.

I’ve had just shy of 20 years to watch my girls grow up and it’s been a great learning experience. It seems just like yesterday they were little and now they are growing up way too fast. I wish I could slow time down. I am very proud of both of them and I love them so much.

20 years of many changes while we’ve been married and lots of learning experiences. I wouldn’t go back and change anything or trade for anything. I am very blessed and very thankful I have a Godly woman who has challenged me and taught me so much about God’s love and been SO VERY PATIENT!

I share all of this with you to simply say that it’s important for us to be grateful for what we have and the precious time we have with people we love. Don’t take it for granted. God has indeed blessed me way more than I ever expected and I am grateful for a loving family on my wife’s side and on my side. They both support and love us and I am grateful.

I want to give thanks for all of this with a grateful heart and I hope that you all will do the same for all the blessings you have in your life!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“20 Years”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

A little over a month ago, my wife and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary. We decided to take a trip to Waco, TN to see all things Magnolia. We had a great time and it nice to get away and just enjoy some time just the two of us.

As we passed that 20 year mark, I’ve been thinking a lot the past few weeks about how 20 years can really change a person’s life. So much can happen after 20 years.

Just a little over 20 years ago, I moved to MN and met my wife. I look back and wonder where I would be if I hadn’t met her and ended up with 2 beautiful daughters. I also wonder what habits would still be with me if I hadn’t met her. We’ve experienced ups and downs like any married couple does. We’ve had great times together and very challenging times as well. When we hit the 20 year mark, I thought often to myself, “How in the world did she put up with me for so long???” Haha! Some of you that have known me in the past many years would probably say she had her hands full!

20 years of being married to my wife and 20 years living in MN. MN is not the greatest place to live in the winter and it can get VERY brutal. But, I’ve put up with it. I have wonderful in-laws and my wife’s family is a family of faith, which I am so thankful for.

I’ve had just shy of 20 years to watch my girls grow up and it’s been a great learning experience. It seems just like yesterday they were little and now they are growing up way too fast. I wish I could slow time down. I am very proud of both of them and I love them so much.

20 years of many changes while we’ve been married and lots of learning experiences. I wouldn’t go back and change anything or trade for anything. I am very blessed and very thankful I have a Godly woman who has challenged me and taught me so much about God’s love and been SO VERY PATIENT!

I share all of this with you to simply say that it’s important for us to be grateful for what we have and the precious time we have with people we love. Don’t take it for granted. God has indeed blessed me way more than I ever expected and I am grateful for a loving family on my wife’s side and on my side. They both support and love us and I am grateful.

I want to give thanks for all of this with a grateful heart and I hope that you all will do the same for all the blessings you have in your life!
What a wonderful testimony, thank you for sharing. My husband and I are so thankful for each other and often think how awful it would be to be stuck in a loveless marriage.

Reactions: amadeus