Don't want to doubt a profound miracle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Half of my life was a literal living nightmare due to an unbearable burden that was placed on me. A sort of curse, so to speak. It happened for a reason for which I was not responsible. To spell out the details in this post about the “curse,” as I will call it, would embarrass and shame me, so I’m keeping the details vague. Just please take my word for it.

I acquired the curse during the year of 2006 at age 17. I was a senior in high school at that time, and I had been one of the better students, having graduated number 9 in my class. Despite my intelligence and aptitude for academics, I nearly dropped out of school due to the extreme problems caused by the curse. Yet at this time I wasn’t aware of the full extent of what was happening to me until my early 20s, and the reasons why it was happening weren’t revealed to me until I was nearly 34 years old. That was about a year and a half ago.

Because of the curse, I didn’t get to study at a university. I had ambitions of acquiring a Master of Arts in English and using my talents to become a novelist or otherwise make a good living as some other kind of writer. Instead I had to get on public assistance and receive monthly SSI checks. I’ve lived with my parents the entire time, severely disabled due to the terrible curse. I’ve spent most of the previous 17 years being idle and doing nothing productive; I was not free. Yet I’m smart, a talented writer, and have so much potential—if only it weren’t for all the horrible things that have happened to me!

But something miraculous happened last night. In a lucid dream that God created, he showed me that the curse had been removed. The entire process for getting me free was laid out, step by step in vivid detail, and at the end my entire body was filled by the Holy Spirit. The curse could no longer reside in my body because I am now spirit-filled with God. And then God concluded the dream by warmly congratulating me.

So now to the prayer request.

If I am free from the curse, why am I requesting prayers? Well, here’s the issue: I’ve been unfree for the second half of my life, suffering greatly from all the terror that happened to me. I even had some doubts that the living nightmare would ever end. It just seems so unbelievable that it all ended last night when I least expected it. I know exactly what I witnessed, and I believe it was a true miracle from God, but part of me is in disbelief because it came so abruptly.

Please pray and ask God that I fully trust in him and believe his miracle happened with all my heart and soul, and that the curse is truly gone and I am truly free.

Reactions: Cassandra

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My original post was written shortly after waking up. Now it is nearly 11:30 in the afternoon. But I keep wondering with uncertainty: Is the curse really gone? Indeed, the uncertainty worries me deeply, distressingly. Is it possible that my time for freedom and a normal life hasn’t come yet? No doubt God feels sorry for me (he has said so many times before), but maybe he felt even more sorry for me last night when I prayed to him and said something along the lines of this: “I am idle every day and on public benefits because of the curse, just counting my days until freedom comes, hoping for it, praying for it, desiring a normal life more than anything in the world.” Could God have made a dream where my deepest wish in the whole world was granted, yet it’s too soon? His motive for the benign lie might have been to inspire me: God wanted to uplift me with depictions of a preordained event (freedom from the curse) that is set to transpire sometime in the near-future.

Granted it seems unlikely that God would put on a show as described, and God generally doesn’t tell white lies. But freedom from the curse seems equally unlikely considering that it has terrorized me for the latter half of my life, the end of which has always seemed unfeasible and unattainable. I don’t know which scenario to believe, though I really want to believe that the curse is gone.

Please pray to God and ask him to give me help discerning the truth here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray and ask God that I fully trust in him and believe his miracle happened with all my heart and soul, and that the curse is truly gone and I am truly free.
You needn't be concerned, I shouldn't think! Because if you've been freed, then free you are. There was a time I relate this to, and I had the same sort of reaction, Is this real?? After a few days, I came to understand, it was real, because there I was, still free.

I've learned to not, or to endeavor to not, question God's works in my life. He gives and takes away, my heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed by your Name!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My original post was written shortly after waking up. Now it is nearly 11:30 in the afternoon. But I keep wondering with uncertainty: Is the curse really gone? Indeed, the uncertainty worries me deeply, distressingly. Is it possible that my time for freedom and a normal life hasn’t come yet? No doubt God feels sorry for me (he has said so many times before), but maybe he felt even more sorry for me last night when I prayed to him and said something along the lines of this: “I am idle every day and on public benefits because of the curse, just counting my days until freedom comes, hoping for it, praying for it, desiring a normal life more than anything in the world.” Could God have made a dream where my deepest wish in the whole world was granted, yet it’s too soon? His motive for the benign lie might have been to inspire me: God wanted to uplift me with depictions of a preordained event (freedom from the curse) that is set to transpire sometime in the near-future.

Granted it seems unlikely that God would put on a show as described, and God generally doesn’t tell white lies. But freedom from the curse seems equally unlikely considering that it has terrorized me for the latter half of my life, the end of which has always seemed unfeasible and unattainable. I don’t know which scenario to believe, though I really want to believe that the curse is gone.

Please pray to God and ask him to give me help discerning the truth here.
In quietness and trust is your strength. Be still, and know that He is God. Wait before Him.

I'm praying for you also!

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'v been feeling that way too. I don't think I have social anxiety/phobia anymore, meaning I think it's manageable now and I often think, do I really not have social anxiety/phobia anymore? Am I really set free?

Let me ask you a question, do you feel set free from your curse? If you do, just receive it and be thankful and grateful. If you're an obedient follower, I don't see why God would curse you anymore, okay? Take comfort and have peace in that. God bless.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter walked on the water yet doubt crept in. He could of danced all the way to Jesus if he'd have just believed. But either way the savior was right there for him when Peter let the doubt overtake him. Just like Jesus is right there for you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that the One who sent Jesus to proclaim freedom to the captives and to set free those who are oppressed will keep this promise.

Reactions: amadeus

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your kind prayers. I received a status update from God recently. Unfortunately it turns out the lucid freedom dream was a depiction of an event set to happen in the near-future; it didn’t actually happen the other night. And I’m still cursed—but there was a silver lining, and God made sure to make me aware of it.

First of all, what do I mean by “curse”? A curse is a kind of trope used to describe bad things that happen to someone as a result of unexplainable supernatural phenomena. To give an example, there is a superstition called the Evil Eye. People from parts of the ancient world believed that glaring at someone with feelings of envy would cause that person misfortune or bad luck. Interesting trivia: If someone believed an envious person were giving them the evil eye, they would shoot them the middle finger to ward off the would-be curse. That is how that rude gesture originated; it didn’t always mean f-you.

Of course there is no such thing as an actual curse. It’s superstition. I only use the term metaphorically because it feels truly terrible, it’s extremely hard to get rid of, and it has inflicted untold misery on my life. In other words, it’s so bad that it might as well be a real curse.

As stated, God made sure to make me aware of a silver lining. In fact, there are many good things that will come from my suffering. But one in particular happened last night, and it was astonishing in a good way. Unfortunately I can’t elaborate on this experience. Much of it isn’t believable, and telling all about it would reveal too many things that I’m not allowed to talk about. Take my word for it: Good things have happened because of my suffering, and many more good things—even greater things—are set to happen. God has promised me freedom, and he has promised all my hopes and dreams will come to pass. I trust God. The time for freedom just isn’t now. In the meantime I will be patient: It will happen soon, and the greatest of blessings will follow.

Reactions: marks