Doubting my faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;23355)
reguardless of your Catholic upbringing the Word of God does not say one will burn in hell forever. In fact God says to believe on Christ,love the Lord, Repent of your sin, Follow the ten commandments(Law) in your life style and thats it all the rest of the rules are mostly of men. God wants you to simply love him and talk to him like you would a flesh father. To lean on him when your lost. And rejoice with him when your happy.I will say again you never knew him, you only believed because you were taught to.How can you leave what you never knew?I am sorry I will say a prayer for you. If you change your mind we are always hereGod Bless
Perhaps this is for another thread - but Kriss, do you not believe the Bible teaches there is a hell... a place of eternal damnation? Do you believe that's an invention of man? And to Soso ~ I am sorry you find yourself in this state. God is real. He loves you very much. I know me saying it doesn't mean much - but I'm going to say a prayer that you find your faith again.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Mark 10:11-12 (King James Version) 11.And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12.And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.1 Corinthians 7:10-12 (King James Version) 10.And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11.But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12.But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.The Lord Jesus said that is a wife departs from her husband she must remain unmarried or be reconciled with her husband and also the husband must not put away his wife, if believers. There is no reason for divorce but adultery as far as the Lord is concerned between believers and if they do divorce they have to remain single, Paul clearly states that the Lord commands this. So no option you cannot remarry without committing adultery and Christ allows no one to remarry unless they were married to non-believers who are not bound in such cases.I can see no way around to allow for remarriage after divorce between christian partners. Perhaps superjag has seen something that changes this command from the Lord., remembering this was given after Christ has returned to the Father. The word is clear, believers who divorce must remain single. Love Faithful.:naughty:

jkeithbrock

Nov 6, 2007
What about in Exodus when it mentions that you can get a divorce for emotional and phyiscal neglect. It even defines neglect as not providing love, food and clothing,

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(Soso;22976)
I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this and I am not even certain if this board is where I should be looking for help, but if any of you can give me some advice I would really appreciate it.I'll try to be as brief as I can.I have always identified as a Christian. I grew up in a Catholic home and my mother tells me that when I was very young I was very devout. The funny thing is, I can't remember that at all.For all my adult life I have been going to church regularly but I didn't study the Bible in any serious way. I would just skim through it and I usually found myself re-reading the passages that appealed to me. Last year I went through a rather nasty and painful divorce which was made extra difficult because a large part of my family does not approve of divorce under any circumstances.Those of you who have experienced a divorce can perhaps relate to my state of mind. I basically started to take stock of my life and also of my religion.I swore that I would never lie to myself again after my failed marriage ( I had been kidding myself for years into thinking everything was fine between us ) and I came to the frightening realization that my believe in God was slipping.And I got scared.At 43, for the first time in my life I really started reading the Bible, front to back, and I hoped that I could find inspiration to strengthen my faith, but it isn't working. I just get more confused and some parts I actually dislike, especially the Old Testament with all its brutality.I still enjoy praying which I have done daily all my life, but I just wish that I could get rid of my doubt.To make matters worse, I recently read that Mother Theresa, whom has always been a great Christian example to me had long periods of doubt in her life too.Sorry for the long introduction and I hope I have not offended anyone here.Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.Soso
It is great that you are reaching out at this painful time. The word alone is not enough. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us. He lives in us and is with us. He alone knows the heart of the Father and the Son.I suggest a different approach. I suggest that you immerse yourself in prayer. I suggest that you confess your sins to God and begin talking to him as a friend. Let down your defenses and be open to him. Allow him to take control. Tell him that you want to be restored both in your relationship with him and with others. Allow him to minister to you. Just soak in him.Ask God to give you the grace to forgive those who have hurt you and to empower you to seek the forgiveness from them for things that you have said and done. Holding onto pain and not forgiving keeps us from drawing close to God because he is loving, kind, gentle and merciful and these are the parts of God that you need to get to know.Afterwards find a good, loving group of Christian brothers and sisters to uphold you in prayer. They will support you and intercede for you. This will multiply the effectiveness of prayer. When we accept Christ, it isn't the end of the journey, but the beginning. It gives us new meaning and purpose. Somewhere along the line you got sidetracked. Life has a way of making that happen. This is because the enemy controls this world. He tries to get between you and God. He wants you to think God cannot forgive you or love you. He wants to frustrate your plans. He even knows the word and can even twist it for his purposes. Do not accept anything that pushes you away from God as coming from him. Denounce them and frustrate the enemy by becoming more dependent on God.The Holy Spirit will help you to understand the heart and mind of God and he will reveal to you the meaning of God's word. Seek him in prayer. May God bless you for your desire to know him better.Dunamite

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(jkeithbrock;23533)
What about in Exodus when it mentions that you can get a divorce for emotional and phyiscal neglect. It even defines neglect as not providing love, food and clothing,
Matthew 5:31-32. 31.It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32.But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. Christ taught that Moses only allowed divorce because people were so hard to teach but it was not that way at the beginning. Moses also taught that what Jesus said, was what we had to obey. Deuteronomy 18:15-21.And we see this is true from John 4:25 (King James Version)25.The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.It is Christ we have to listen to and he says that they must remain single if Christian or be reunited to their partner. Do you not know God transforms the worst sinners who accept Christ? I often think people want a get out clause, but only Christian married to non-believers are free to chose. Not believers they cannot divorce and remarry and this is Christs teachings.Love Faithful.xx

Daytripper

Dec 20, 2007
1. Define spirit.2. Define soul and where is in the body are they, or do you have them? Explain please.3. Does the energy that eminates the body dissipate when you die or can it manifest itself as a ghost or transcend space and time? Does the soul attach itself to the spirit? Do we really get a new body?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Daytripper;28421)
1. Define spirit.2. Define soul and where is in the body are they, or do you have them? Explain please.3. Does the energy that eminates the body dissipate when you die or can it manifest itself as a ghost or transcend space and time? Does the soul attach itself to the spirit? Do we really get a new body?
You might think of this as your Body (physical/flesh Vessel)your mind (thoughts) and your heart(emotions)each of these can act seperatley or together.To make the whole person.Your flesh is our temporay state and it has needs and desires that have little to do with your mind and your heart. Example: the flesh needs to eat, the mind and the heart have little to do with this need.This flesh being temporary dies and goes back to ground from which it camethe mind and heart (soul and spirit) go back to God.And yes we get a new Body but this is not a ghost type body it has substance your mind and heart are part of this new body.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Peacebewithyou;23387)
Perhaps this is for another thread - but Kriss, do you not believe the Bible teaches there is a hell... a place of eternal damnation? Do you believe that's an invention of man?
I believe in a kind of Hell peacebewithyou just not the Catholic view of burning in Hell forever a loving God has no reason to torture a soul forever The evil are burned in the fiery pit but they die the second death which means death of the soul therefore they literally cease to exist from all memory never to remembered as if they never were.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Soso,Our God is merciful. He is able to give you a second chance. He says in His word I never leave you or forsake you. He is there for you. Read psalms. I found them really comforting while going through tough times. Do not give up on God, because He is not giving up on you either. We all are sinners. You possibly lost a fight, but you can still win the war. Keep plugged in God. And He will show you a new way. Every day is a new day filled with God's grace. God loves you.
smile.gif

Ciara

Mar 27, 2008
Hi I am new and im not sure if this is where i should be writting this here or if you can even help me.I am roman catholic but over the last couple of years i have slowly been doubting and even losing faith. I mean everything i used to strongly believe in everything but i dont know if i can any more. I went to church every weekend and i went to a convent school but recently things have been going so wrong in my life i feel lost and alone. My grandad is really ill and will prob pass away within the year. I dont know what to do or who to turn to any more. I love him so much and i know this is selfish but i really need him. I dont know if i can live without him he is my rock he has held me together through all the stuff i have been through he has seen me at rock bottom and made me feel like i can reach the moon. To see him in such pain and suffering i dont understand how this is just.Hes is a good man and never selfish he helps everyone and anyone would never turn any one a way. His smile lights up the darkest of rooms and he makes you feel warm and safe. I need to know he will go some where at the end that he had meaning and know one will ever forget him. I dont know if i believe i heaven and happily ever afters i need to believe but i cant i dont know what to do.I look into his eyes and my heart just breaks and he knows. I geuss i want answers that i cant get but his face the sorrow and he is scared i want to reassure him but i cant tell him to believe in something i dont.I am really sorry if i have offended any one or if this doesnt make sense i just needed to realease and help. xXx

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Hey Clara have you ever read the book of Job. It relates almost directly to your situation. You see there was once a man in isreal named Job, he was the most faithful man in Isreal. For this God had rewarded him of many things. He made Job the richest person in Isreal, He gave him a family, Flourishing crops, servants butlers the whole nine yards. Job had it good, He loved his God and got blessed tremendously because of it. Well one day Satan went up to God and God brags about Job to satan, and satan tells God that if he takes away Jobs blessings Job would curse God. So with Gods permision Satan goes crazy he destroys Jobs property, kills all his animals, burns his crops, destroys his house, kills his servants and his family, and to top it all off covers Job with excrutiatingly painful wart. Do you see the similarities. Your granddad is probably a very devout religous man, and you yourself used to be devout, and Satan saw you and him living in the Lord and he wanted to bring you down, to cause you to lose your faith. So God let Satan put you and your Grandad to the test. On with the story So Job sits in sorrow in the temple where his three so called friends tell him why God let this happen. They say it is because of Jobs sins, because God is a hateful and spiteful God, because Job one day cursed God, because God got bored and wanted to wipe Jobs propert and family off off the planet. Job denies and denies them, but they keep coming back with more accusations. You are probably feeling alot like Job in this time in your life. Why would God let your Grandad be in so much pain. He cannot be a loving God and let this happen. And if God is not love then the God youve been taught isn't even a reality. Your faith is crushed as your image of a loving God is crushed. But theres a difference between you and Job. Jobs faith never faultered. Lets find out what happened because of Jobs faith So after three days of constant harrasment for Job God decides to put a stop to this nonsense. God scolds Jobs friends putting a stop to thier racket and Tells Job because of his reliance on God he will bless Job even More than he did before. Job ends up with more property, more cattle, bigger family, and more riches. Did you read that, Your uncle when this test is over will be blessed even more that before by our God,, it doesn't matter if he lives or dies. And the same goes for you, turn back to God, and he will bless you. God blessRyan Fitz

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Follow up, I wrote this about two months ago, but I'm It also relates to your situation God is good ........all the time, all the time........ God is GoodTuesday, Feb 26, 2008 I went to a conference this weekend. And in this conference this was basically the slogan. " God is good all the time and all the time God is good." I heard a story about that saying once, a conferenc just like ours was chanting it over and over and over again. And a man rushed up to the speaker and said " God is good, try telling that to New Orleans, it just got completley destroyed a few minutes ago, and my family, my wife and two kids, are in that city" The problem is god is not always good. At this conference I talked to a girl who was standing at the edge of a balcony thinking about ending it all and throwing herself off. I was literally ripped into pieces. Literally meeting somebody who was that close to killing themselves. How is it that we have a God in heaven who cares and blesses us everyday and yet allows things to get so bad that we think about cracking our head open from a lunge off a balcony. Is God good, Is he love?? This is a question which we all deal with. This is the question which caused me to lose my faith. and raised my current faith.You probably remember the tsunami in asia 2 years ago. The one which obliterate several countries and killed several people. I remember seeing pictures of the countries which were struck. And all you would see were houses after houses Just torn apart. Bussinesses ruined, cars in pieces. Miles and miles of destruction, until you got to a christian church.These churches had almost no damage. Most people thought "what a wonderful way to spread Gods word." I thought " How could God kill all those people just to show off some churches." I started to dbout. After that New Orleans happened, genocides started in darfur ect.. I finally realized the havok of the world and all I could think was " That it was the judgement of a hateful God." My trust in God started to fade, than my belief. The God I was taught was a lie. and I was finally ready to be "set free" At this moment when I decided to give up God, 8:30 at night. I did the smartest thing In my life. I prayed. I asked God that if he was real and if he was love show himself to me. I expected it to bounce right off the ceiling and hit me in the forhead. It didn't.At first nothing happened. ten minutes later I was about to crawl into bed when a I heard a voice say. " read the bible" "Ha Ha that couldn't be God" I thought " there is no way that could be God, he doesn't exist." yet I opened up my bible anyway. and opened right into the book of wisdom. The title of the book was all I needed to read. God was going to give me wisdom. That he did the very next day. I on the other hand woke up even more of a skeptic,. I could imagine Jesus smacking himself in the head and saying " are you kidding me, I spoke to this boy, and he still doesn't believe." so I walked into church, its a requirement in our family. and I slept through the first half, and woke up right in time for the homily. It conveniantly started " most people have the image of God wrong." I grinned. The way this homily was going to go down is that hes going to tell the parish of how angry of a God we have ans therefore throw me the pitch so I could hit my faitth out of the ballpark. He continued " Most people think that God is an angry God, well I am here to tell you that God Is love" God had striked me out. First he talked to me himself, than he talked to me through his biography ( AKA the bible) and then he talked to me through a priest. All relating to each other, all way to coincidental to be coincidental. My problem was solved the mustard seed was planted again. For the next year I went through the bible to recover more of my faith, Therefore giving me a stronger faith. Why is this important. Because it shows the fulfillment of Gods promise. He was going to give me wisdom. a wisdom which I am sure will keep growing until I die. So God is Love, but How?? how can we have natural disasters, genocides, people being raped, people commiting suicide, pain, suffering. How does all this take place with an Loving God. example 1- Why do we have amputeesA soldier in battle loses a leg. How could God do this if He is love. Simple, he doesn't. you see we have this great but very dangerous gift called free will. and the definition in this case is If Al Quieda wants to blow off his leg they can. And God has to permit because not doing so would be a violation of our free will. This is the case for most of the catastrophes, the holocaust, genocides, murders. God has to permit, and while a tear probably goes down his cheek while he watches, all he can do is watch. The great thing is that the victims of these tragedies are blessed. Read the beatitudes( mathew 5: 5-12, The persecuted will be blessed), God says it personally.He will be blessed on earth and in the afterlife. and heaven is eternal happiness, can you imagine what a blessing is in heaven??? I know I can't. example 2- why do we have amputees part 2different scenario, a construction worker is working on the job when his leg gets crushed by a falling pillar of steel . The doctor has to amputate his leg. This is a horrble accident not caused by humans.( the machinery broke down.) This obviously has to be in Gods will. Why does he let his leg be amputated then, because in every negative theres a positive. The machinery will be fixed, his family and friends will be inspired by his strength, the amputee will have his faith grow by getting through this. And he too will be blessed. Jesus himself says it best As he went along he saw a man blind since birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. ( John 9: 2-3) example 3- old testamentIt is a fact that God orders the isrealites to kill more people than you find getting killed in Rambo. but why??? Becusse while we have a loving God he aint no hippy. Most of us agree that ww2 was a war which needed to be fought. and even though we lost millions of people imagine what we would of lost in a worldwide holocaust. It is the same in the old testament, If God hadn't proclaimed war on the people on the pagan nations. The world would have been worse off than it had before. and the fact is War was the only way. Could Hitler haev had a change of heart. I dbout it, he had himself shut himself off to God. And the only way to stop him was war. Again the same in the old testement. So the moral of the story God is Good and God is love. and we live in a world where the very opposite is true. Where death reigns instead of life. Where hate is breeded instead of life. And God has to take unpleasant actions so things can turn out the way he wants them. And the way he wants them is the way we want them. God knows whats best. His ways are higher than our ways. God is love, learn this truth, believe this truth. AND IF YOU EVER DOUBT GODS LOVE TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HE ENDURED ON THE CROSS. IT IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY FOR HIM NOT TO BE LOVEGod bless youYour brother in christ Ryan Fitz

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi Ciara,The first thing I would want to know if I were in your situation is what does your grandfather believe about Jesus Christ and His Death on the cross to pay the sin-debt of all who believe in Him? And does your grandfather believe that when Jesus rose from the grave He guaranteed eternal life for your grandfather if he believes in and trusts Jesus that he, too, will rise from the grave and be with God for all eternity in the bliss of God's glorious presence?You didn't say whether or not you believe the glorious gospel news. You only expressed concern and doubt about that and concern about your grandfather.I recommend that you reacquaint youself with the truths of the gospel so that perhaps soon your faith can be used to comfort your grandfather as well as yourself about his coming death.Jesus destroyed death for us who believe in Him. In the words of Jesus we are given this assurance . . . John 5:24, "Truly, truly, I say to you, 'whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.' "And Jesus is talking about eternal life . . . forever and ever!If you have a Bible, sit down with your Bible (borrow or buy one if you don't own one) and read the entire Chapter 17 of the book of John.Pray as you do that for God to reawaken your faith that you may be comforted about your grandfather's passing, and then you will be at peace to give him that same comfort. You can return the favor that you said he has been to you in your life by doing that.And watch how God will honor your efforts to seek Him while you have this time to be with your grandfather.I will pray for strength for you, Ciara, from God this very night and in the coming days until I hear some good news from you on the Board.waynemlj

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi kriss,It would be better if you believed in the eternal hell that Jesus teaches. You do find a way to teach a different gospel.Matthew 25:41-46, "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels . . . verse 46, "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.' "Now is that permanent hell, or isn't it?Those are the words of Jesus Christ!Matthew 8:11, "I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."That sounds very much like a torment, a hatred for God that is unquenchable, and all of this weeping and gnashing of teeth tells the reader plainly that this state will never disappear but will be eternal just like the opposite state in heaven will be eternal.Here's one more teaching from Jesus who is the AUTHORITY in this universe!Mark 9:47-48, "And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched."You can now correct your version of hell that you posted in your Reply to Peacebewithyou and bring it into line with Jesus who is the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. He is also the Word of God!waynemlj

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(waynemlj;44090)
Hi kriss,It would be better if you believed in the eternal hell that Jesus teaches. You do find a way to teach a different gospel.Matthew 25:41-46, "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels . . . verse 46, "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.' "Now is that permanent hell, or isn't it?Those are the words of Jesus Christ!Matthew 8:11, "I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."That sounds very much like a torment, a hatred for God that is unquenchable, and all of this weeping and gnashing of teeth tells the reader plainly that this state will never disappear but will be eternal just like the opposite state in heaven will be eternal.Here's one more teaching from Jesus who is the AUTHORITY in this universe!Mark 9:47-48, "And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched."You can now correct your version of hell that you posted in your Reply to Peacebewithyou and bring it into line with Jesus who is the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. He is also the Word of God!waynemlj
I have to agree with you!

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Ciara;43856)
I am roman catholic but over the last couple of years i have slowly been doubting and even losing faith. I mean everything i used to strongly believe in everything but i dont know if i can any more. I went to church every weekend and i went to a convent school but recently things have been going so wrong in my life i feel lost and alone.
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."John 10:27-30 :bible:SO, I actually have a question. Many people have told me over the years --- I am Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, and "insert your denomination here". However, many of these people knew about Jesus, but they didn't KNOW Jesus. Are you God's child? Do you know who your Father is? Do you have a personal relationship with Christ? Are you one of the sheep that can hear his voice?:shepard:Thats the main question here. If you have a set of Catholic beliefs that do not translate with a personal relationship with God -- you don't have a "faith" to loose in the first place -- you don't even have it to start out with."Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." 3In reply Jesus declared, 'I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]'" John 3:1-3If you and your grandfather truly are saved. Then truly there is nothing to fear. Your grandfather is going home -- his true home, and you will shortly join him (after 70 years hopefully). I remember when my grandad died. I was a little sad, but I knew that he knew Christ, and that he was going home, and I also know that I will see him again, and we can hang out for all eternity."I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 15: 50-57

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
(Soso;22976)
I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this and I am not even certain if this board is where I should be looking for help, but if any of you can give me some advice I would really appreciate it.I'll try to be as brief as I can.I have always identified as a Christian. I grew up in a Catholic home and my mother tells me that when I was very young I was very devout. The funny thing is, I can't remember that at all.For all my adult life I have been going to church regularly but I didn't study the Bible in any serious way. I would just skim through it and I usually found myself re-reading the passages that appealed to me. Last year I went through a rather nasty and painful divorce which was made extra difficult because a large part of my family does not approve of divorce under any circumstances.Those of you who have experienced a divorce can perhaps relate to my state of mind. I basically started to take stock of my life and also of my religion.I swore that I would never lie to myself again after my failed marriage ( I had been kidding myself for years into thinking everything was fine between us ) and I came to the frightening realization that my believe in God was slipping.And I got scared.At 43, for the first time in my life I really started reading the Bible, front to back, and I hoped that I could find inspiration to strengthen my faith, but it isn't working. I just get more confused and some parts I actually dislike, especially the Old Testament with all its brutality.I still enjoy praying which I have done daily all my life, but I just wish that I could get rid of my doubt.To make matters worse, I recently read that Mother Theresa, whom has always been a great Christian example to me had long periods of doubt in her life too.Sorry for the long introduction and I hope I have not offended anyone here.Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.Soso
Dear Soso,I understand your experience because I have passed similar things too..(sorry for my bad english i hope you understand))..I didn't believe in God because I thought that was His fault all the bad things that happened to my life..The worst of all is that i had a bad disease (leukaemia, i was 20 years old)and i was going to die.One day a friend asked me why I don't trust God ,why I don't pray to save me ...I had no answer....So this friend waked up to start thinking why I do not trust God...why other people trust him ....why other people love him so much...So I started to pray with all my heart ,I started to read the Bible even i didn't understood anything at the beginning...Some days later I had to do a check up in a hospital for my disease...The doctors didn't find any sign of leukaemia...I didn't believe in my ears...Doctors said that it was a miracle...So God save me because I bring him in my life....I realized that my faith had become strong and thats the reason of my saving...My friend, as that friend waked me up that day i hope i will wake you up now...Be positive in your life and God will reward you..God love His children ...So you are one of them...I am happy now that i put God in my life ,that I love Jesus ,that I love my fellow being..and don't worry someday you will understand the great words that bible says...The only thing that you have to do is to open your heart...Take care ...