Dream about casting out devils

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hies

Aug 6, 2023
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had a dream that I was casting out devils from my own subconscious mind. I was running around through the streets, and stopping each person I met, telling them "the power of Jesus Christ compels you to leave my body" when I felt afraid because of them.

Sometimes they listened and I saw them disappear, other times they didn't and I got more afraid. Then there were more and more beginning to surround me. I probably spoke to about 3 or 4 people, then all of a sudden the sky opened up and I could see writing in the clouds. I couldn't quite make out what it was trying to say to me, but I knew it was from God, so I focused on it as much as I could.

It was really hard to read, and sometimes the letters were backwards. I could feel him telling me "you don't care enough to see what I'm saying", so I told him "no I do, I'm looking". One word that came up that I could read was Ecclesiastes. Then I felt God telling me "just focus on my words", and "just focus on me" while I was still afraid of all the devils surrounding me.

So I trusted the Lord's voice. And as I focused harder on the words in the sky, the demons started disappearing. Whether they were really demons, or just my own paranoia I do not know. But my fear disappeared the more I focused on his word. Then everything was gone. The entire world disappeared, and it was just me and Jesus, and I woke up with the realization that focusing on him is the only thing that matters. I then went on to read Ecclesiastes for the first time, and learned that indeed the only thing in life that matters is doing the will of God. Everything else is meaningless. And the more you focus on God, the less afraid you are of the devils around you. The more they begin to disappear. And the more peace you have.

I think what I learned most from this is, if you're struggling with sin, instead of trying to berate yourself for it, just focus on Christ. Focus on his words. Don't try to cast the devils out yourself. Trust in Jesus, and ignore everything else. Pray and meditate on his words. Then the sin will leave you on its own.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak to the mountain (in this case, that's the devil) and command it be removed in Jesus Name!

And... don't forget to forgive others!

Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 11:23-25

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Notice in verse 24 Jesus is personally acting on verse 23?

Without acting on this ourselves, the devil doesn't have to leave!

Reactions: hies

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a dream that I was casting out devils from my own subconscious mind. I was running around through the streets, and stopping each person I met, telling them "the power of Jesus Christ compels you to leave my body" when I felt afraid because of them.

Sometimes they listened and I saw them disappear, other times they didn't and I got more afraid. Then there were more and more beginning to surround me. I probably spoke to about 3 or 4 people, then all of a sudden the sky opened up and I could see writing in the clouds. I couldn't quite make out what it was trying to say to me, but I knew it was from God, so I focused on it as much as I could.

It was really hard to read, and sometimes the letters were backwards. I could feel him telling me "you don't care enough to see what I'm saying", so I told him "no I do, I'm looking". One word that came up that I could read was Ecclesiastes. Then I felt God telling me "just focus on my words", and "just focus on me" while I was still afraid of all the devils surrounding me.

So I trusted the Lord's voice. And as I focused harder on the words in the sky, the demons started disappearing. Whether they were really demons, or just my own paranoia I do not know. But my fear disappeared the more I focused on his word. Then everything was gone. The entire world disappeared, and it was just me and Jesus, and I woke up with the realization that focusing on him is the only thing that matters. I then went on to read Ecclesiastes for the first time, and learned that indeed the only thing in life that matters is doing the will of God. Everything else is meaningless. And the more you focus on God, the less afraid you are of the devils around you. The more they begin to disappear. And the more peace you have.

I think what I learned most from this is, if you're struggling with sin, instead of trying to berate yourself for it, just focus on Christ. Focus on his words. Don't try to cast the devils out yourself. Trust in Jesus, and ignore everything else. Pray and meditate on his words. Then the sin will leave you on its own.
Sounds like you got it correct. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit it is peaceful. We can do things that invite the Holy Spirit into our lives and the devil then is not even noticed. Things that can invite the Holy Spirit into our lives are:

Being Baptized and Taking the Sacrament
Praying
Reading Scripture
Attending Church
Proclaiming the Gospel
Helping Others
Etc.

Reactions: hies