Dream House rpg

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you still want to @PeterJames0510 our story....I'll get it transferred over. It was in my old phone that broke I guess...

Elaynah and her husband were asleep soundly. It was around 5am and all was quiet in their house. The house would be waking up soon. But Elaynah first had a dream.

It was spring, but there was a sleigh flying in the night sky. There was a man she didn't know, and he was falling fast towards the ground. He had no parachute. She was scared for him, when suddenly, out of nowhere, santa claus swooped down and caught him in his sleigh.

"Momma!!!!!!" Elaynah woke with a start as her daughter Lori jumped on the bed between them. She had chocolate on her face, obviously having found her father's reeses left out from the night before.

Elaynah rubbed her eyes, but gave her a hug none the less. One thing about having a three year old, is she always had wet wipes on hand. Lori moved her head trying to get away. Ben turned around to help.

"Morning." He said, giving them both a hug.

"I had the strangest dream." She said. But she didn't have time to explain it. She had to get Lori to preschool. Ben too had to get for ready for work. Mornings were a rush.

"I dreamed about you, my love." He said.

Elaynah smiled, picking Lori up. Some things a smile was enough.

She dropped Lori off and thought about her to do list. She didn't have much on it today. Ben was working and she had a few hours before Lori was out. The mall seemed like it would be nice to kill a few hours, so she pulled into a starbucks then into the parking lot.

She sat there a moment, not really in any hurry. It was March, and pretty nice out in the 50s. "Why in the world would I have a dream about Santa Claus in March?" She thought.

-------

David was distraught as he would have to tell the two kids he would not be around tomorrow, he had to go to the hospital for a brief check on his abdomen. He was sure it was nothing, just a small pain that sometimes got better or worse every time he brought the kids candy. But he was afraid to tell them.

He felt a tug on his coat. “Hey Dave!” There were young Gabriela and Ricky saying hi. This was the meeting place every day; an abandoned alley way almost unnoticed in the local outside mall. Every day, they would bring him treats and maybe some junk they found in their adventures around the city. They were street kids; no one really cared about them and they didn’t want to go back into the foster system. But he did fear for their safety as the city wasn’t always safe.

“We think it’s a crib of some sort” Ricky said about her older sister’s discovery. “We’ll try to put it together so you can see it!”

David enjoyed these daily visits, strictly at 10am every morning, though he hadn’t figured out how the kids knew to be there every morning at 10 am. They came just to hang out with him. Sometimes they would play cards; sometimes just sit and talk; and they all had this momentary pause every day like this was the meeting place. Sometimes they would say nothing, just be happy to play or read something David brought. After a little time of visiting and Gabriela had almost finished putting the crib together, David told them he couldn’t visit with them tomorrow.

Ricky gave out a shriek! “You mean, you dying David? You can’t leave us, you can’t, you can’t. You here every day and that’s where we’re all supposed to be.” David felt as if he would cry; he didn’t know why these children adopted him as some sort of guardian friend even if it was just between 10 and 11 every day. “No, I’ll be back Sunday. I promise” David said. Ricky didn’t look convinced, and Gabriela seemed to stare to see Ricky’s reaction. She cared for her brother a lot.

“Hey guys, I know something that will cheer you up. Say, you did a great job on that crib, Gabriela!” The kids cheered because James brought out their favorite candy bar. Hershey for Gabriela, three musketeers for Ricky. Ricky never wanted to eat alone, he would always give James a piece of his candy back.

After the candy bar, David would go to sleep for one simple reason; that’s what they did the first time they met. And that’s what they always did; no one ever asked each other where they were going or what they were going to be doing. The subject of the kids being homeless never came up; the subject of David having his own lonely house to live in never came up. None of that came up … just an hour of unconditional, un-sappy, pure love that all three of them needed to attend to daily. David laid down on the bench and the kids next to him. Sometimes Ricky would try to cuddle up, but Gabriela would tell him that was rude.

But today, Gabriela thought it best that she and Ricky should leave now before Ricky got too hurt … maybe David would leave them just like everyone else. They had to learn to fend for themselves; maybe love-hour time was over; she couldn’t be sure David would keep his promise of being there Sunday … David’s eyelids closed and he was content to sleep for just a moment.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lori walked through the outside mall. She had a few bags in her hand, mainly some clothes for Lorena. She saw some kids running from the alley way.

"Hey kids! Wait." She saw them before here and put two and two together. She knew they were homeless. She worked at an orphanage herself and knew running kids when she saw them. She looked for a security officer around, but there was none. She sighed, knowing they more then likely would not come with her today. She would have to come back with a police officer for them to come with her. It was for their own good.

----

David opened his eyes and realized the kids were gone; he should clean up now. Get rid of that crib. But for some reason this morning, he was especially tired. He looked down though and saw he had not finished his candy bar. He picked it up and started chomping away. He had no clue if the kids would believe him and come back in a couple of days. He laid down and tried to lick his finger and his face ... but he allowed sleep to coddle him. It was especially quiet.

Falling ... he realized he was falling. A momentary panic hit him; he was free falling. For a moment it felt exhilarating ... but looking down, he realized he would hit the ground very shortly ... normally he could wake himself up when he fell, but now - he didn't even realize where he was or what his options were ...

-----

Elaynah sighed ,watching as they ran off. The kids were running scared. Finally she saw an officer, and ran over. "Hey, sir. There are three kids here. Have you seen them? Here is my card." She handed the card to him and described what they looked like.

"And you think they are homeless? I believe I have seen them around before."

"I can't be sure, but something is up." She said.

After they parted ways, Elaynah looked at her phone. Three missed calls from Ben. She groaned as she saw Ben wheeling Lorena towards her.

"Lose track of time?" Ben said.

"I'm sorry, Ben. There were these kids. I had to report it."

"It's okay. I am on my lunch break. I do have to get back now though. I love you." She kissed her on the cheek and she watched as he left.

"Well little miss. Looks like it is just us today. "

After lunch, she decided it was about time to get Lori home.

Her feet hurt and she was getting tired. Lorena was about out too. Then she saw it. It was an alley way that was small and sort of hidden. She remembered the kids running out of there and thought to take a look to see if they could be living there.

Curiously, she wheeled Lori down the warmly lit alley.

First she saw the crib and makeshift couches along the walls. No doubt the kids were here. There were chalk drawings on the walls and colored paper on the couches.

And then she stepped back startled. There was a man fast asleep, mouth open drooling, with chocolate on his mouth. She saw this before. Nice guy or not, he was no help to homeless kids not turning them in. Then she thought... Not to ours anyway.

She was going to wake him up when it hit her. Exhaustion. It didn't help that Lori was fast asleep too. She thought Lori to be a bit old for a crib, but it was the safest place here. She felt herself drifting fast. She laid her down, feeling like she was drifting on a cloud, and without thinking, laid down on another couch next to the man herself. Her rational part felt this to be highly unsafe for both of them, but she didn't feel anything was going to happen. Instead, she drifted off deep.

------

Elaynah drifted, and the more she drifted she felt herself falling. She was falling in the night sky. And Lori was with her. "LORI!" She grabbed her midair when she saw a sleigh below her. It caught the both of them. But it was empty, unlike her dream with Santa. She had no time to think though. Because then she saw a man falling too. How many more will there be Elaynah thought. Lori giggled. "Santa, Santa!!!!" She was just having a blast as a child would.

Quickly, Elaynah grabbed the reigns and pulled them towards the man falling, hoping he would catch him in time.

-----

The falling was slightly disconcerting and he realized for a moment that he heard bells ... he wasn't sure what he was hearing, but the bells were coming closer to him. David suddenly experienced, as the only way he could describe it, a third person perspective. He saw a decked out sleigh with bells on it, a seeming happy child, and a frantic woman holding on to the reins of reindeer and she seemed concerned for his predicament.

Suddenly, moving back to 1st person perspective, he could feel the sleigh swoop under him and catch him ... his body hitting the back compartment. He did not feel any pain or hurt, but realized the sleigh was moving at a fast speed. It was almost as if the moment it caught him, it realized it needed to go onto a new path. Why couldn't Gabriela and Ricky be with him now? They would certainly enjoy this and maybe the sleigh would take them to Santa's workshop where those two could live forever and be forever loved.

Moving to the upward position, he assumed that if anyone saw him - it would be an amazing sight to behold. He rested his chin on the outside of the sleigh's compartment and let the wind curl through his hair and watched as the sleigh moved rapidly in the sky. "

"More rapid than eagles his coursers they came ... " he remembered from the famous poem.

It was hard to see much below, the occasional lights from houses and trees rolling by. He turned and saw the child and most probably the mother. He raised his hand so as to gesture a hello, but as soon as that happened, the sleigh took a nose dive as if it knew exactly where it was going ...

----

You! You are the maaaaaannnn...." Elaynah's breath went away as the sleigh nose dived down.

"Wheeeeee!" Lori did one of her famous belly laughs, taking it all in with delight. She put one of her arms around David as she often did with strangers. Ben and Elaynah were working on this with her not too, but this moment was not one of those times.

"Hold on!!!!!" Elaynah yelled. As the sleigh nose dived. Then the reindeer sort of leveled out and touched the ground like a flying jet, slowing down the roadway until they stopped in front of an old run down shack.

----

As they looked at this run down old house, silence filled the air, except the occasional jingle of a bell because the reindeer made a few minor moves. Poking out of the sleigh, James was thankful that the ride was over, and thankful his life was spared. He noticed the child had put his arms around him. He said "Thank you for that, I'm safe now. I see you enjoyed yourself." Hearing the sounds of the hooves on what seemed to be a little bit of snow on the ground, David slowly got out of the sleigh. But it wasn't quite elegant; he had poorly judged the distance between the sleigh and the ground and wound up falling on his back side. Again, there was not really pain ... just humor at what he must have looked like. He began laughing at the situation while he stood up.

Dusting off his clothes, he realized he didn't feel cold or hot. Just 'refreshed'. He said, "Would you gals like help out of the sleigh?"

Reactions: PeterJames0510

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"This is a weird dream." Elaynah said aloud. She refused David's hand, but watched him close as he helped Lori down.

"Thanks." She said. It was a weird dream. She felt like she was in control. She tried pinching her arm. Nothing.

"I wonder if I hit my head when I fell down." Elaynah said.

----

Oh" David said. "Go to your Mom, she's waiting for you!" David looked around some more and looked at the two ladies. Strange; dream characters thinking it was strange to be dreaming. To be honest, he had not thought about whether he was dreaming or not until they said something. "I guess this whole thing does seem sort of fantastic."

"Well, my name is David ... not sure if you gals are dream people or not. But even if you are, we're here now." He paused for a moment, looking at the run down house. "I'm going to walk around this house, make sure there are no other dangers. I'm afraid to look in, what if we're trespassing or something?"

----

"Wait a second" David stated. "Fell down? When did you fall down?" he asked as he tried to survey around the house.

"Well, it is a dream, so I guess it be sort of an adventure." She said. "And I am Elaynah. This is Lori. I fell down on a couch falling asleep next to you in the alley." She said. "Were you with the kids that are homeless?"

These dream characters apparently knew a lot more than they were letting on. He had to be cautious. "I might know some homeless kids who, when they are with me for a short undisclosed period of time, are not homeless anymore ... and they don't want to do the foster thing ... who's asking?" He asked seriously, forgetting he thought this might be a dream. He looked through the windows of the house. It was hard to see, there were no lights on. "Looks pretty empty. Do you think we should ... ?"

"It doesn't help them if you leave them there." She said. "They are young and need someone to care for them. My orphanage is well run. Kids find homes fairly fast to good families and is Christian run."

A white hand appeared out of a cracked door and motioned for Lori. Lori smiled big and walked over to the door, quietly slipping inside without them noticing.

Hmmph ... Well, we never discussed it. To be honest, the topic never came up. That's why they felt safe with me. They came to me, they don't ask me questions about me ... I don't ask them questions about them ... they feel accepted and don't feel like they gotta answer a thousand questions."

He picked up a few stick and twigs and broke them over his knee. Seems normal if it were a dream. "You orphan people scare them off ... Christian you say? I've never heard of your orphanage."

I'd hand you a card , but they flew out in the sky." She frowned. "You are a dream, anyway." She said. She started looking around.

"Lori?!" She looked at David with worried eyes, and bolted when she saw the bolted shack door open."

Elaynah opened the door and stepped inside in amazement. "Lori?" She asked. She sat in front of a huge television watching cartoons with the kids from the alleyway.

Lori looked around with amazement. There were elegant chairs and a large , 45 inch TV in a wood framing like maybe an entertainment center. She went over to Lori who was eating finger foods with the others and put her hand on her shoulders speechless.

"You are the kids from the alleyway." She said.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David scurried to the door, he thought Elaynah was panicked. Had this momentary spat caused enough of a distraction that something was wrong with her child, Lori? Going to the front door, he felt a ton of cobwebs in his face. The others hadn't complained of it, but it proved to be somewhat of a nuisance. It took him a little bit to get through the webs to the other side; in front of him was a sight to behold. An elegant royal room; royal chairs that looked as if they had just been upholstered. And there was Ricky and Gabriela along with Lori, watching television together.

"Wait guys" David hesitated. He wanted to go over and warn them that the woman who might take them away was right there. But, he couldn't. There was some sort of Spirit in the house, some sort of Spirit in the children. Dare he say love? No, no. He didn't really know what love was.

"Yeah, we came back because we didn't have anywhere to go and then we fell asleep in the alley again. But, we weren't sure who your friends were. Lori is really nice" Ricky stated matter of factly.

"So, you guys just came in here and this place was just like this?" He thought to look outside of the house again, but remembering the cobwebs ... he thought better of it. He would just have to trust; something he wasn't strong in. He turned to Elaynah. "What is this place?"

"I don't know." Elaynah said. It was beautiful. She smiled at the kids. "Um...listen. you don't have to sleep in the alley. I know orphanage sounds scarey, but I take care of kids like you every day and they are all pretty content considering."

She looked at David with a frown, but kept silent. People like him kept children on the streets alive, but child trafficking was a real thing. So was crime. These kids needed saftey.

(Pg. 1 will transfer more tomorrow...)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David didn't know whether this mattered; whether any of it mattered. Why was he upset that a dream character had frowned at him twice! He looked down at his shoes .. they seemed very real.

"Yeah kids, I knew all along we couldn't visit forever. I guess the adoption cops finally caught up with us." David walked away from the scene, deciding to look at the house. In front of him was what seemed to be a large room inset into the living quarters. He grabbed onto the handle, but the handle was cold. It wouldn't budge, and the room door wouldn't open no matter how hard he tried.

"I'm not sure why the door is stuck or why this handle is so cold." Gabriela came up to David and pulled on his shirt. "Let me try, let me try!"

-----

"Not cops." Elaynah said. "I just don't want to see you kids get hurt. There are a lot of bad people in the world..."

The cartoon on the TV started speaking.

"Let Gabriella open it." A small sheep said, frolicking on screen.

Lori laughed running over to the screen.

"This is getting stranger by the minute." Elaynah said. "Wait kids, how about you stay on the couch...let us look around." Elaynah said, wondering if Gabriella should open the door.

---

Gabriella came over to the door and she said "I think we have to face up to it; we couldn't stay friends forever, we have to get off the street. Ricky is too trusting anyways" she said. Approaching the door handle, she too had a difficult time opening the door ... but it eventually opened for her. The door to the large room in the middle of the living room open with a loud creaking.

Gabriella and the others looked in; it was a wide room and it looked as if it may have been a play room of some sort. But there were some mice scurrying around; Gabriella closed the door quickly, but David came over and place his hand over the handle. "Gabriella ... we have to face the problems of life. Just because we see a door open and some problems doesn't mean we should avoid it." Gabriella started crying and for the first time held on to David. She had never given him a hug before. "It's okay" David said, leading her over to Elaynah. "Don't worry; the Lord be with you."

David didn't dare open the door again, though; he didn't have all the tools necessary to get rid of the mice. The cartoon continued running and the house seemed to invite other exploration. Sounds of singing seemed to come from upstairs; sounds of silence seemed to come from the eastern side of the house.

James looked down at his shoes before saying to Elaynah, "I guess ... I guess you won, didn't you?"

----

Elaynah only saw some mice before David and Gabriella closed the door. She wanted to look inside of it more. She wasn't afraid of pests she could kick with her feet.

"I don't know what you mean by that." Elaynah said. "Childrens' lives are not a game to me sir. If you love them so much you should give them a roof over their heads and adopt them."

James didn't say much more than that. Instead, he turned to the door and the cartoon on the screen said:

"So, why don't you open the door? And see what's inside." He hoped when she opened it, he would be able to see what are the things she was afraid of because up until now, it had been all the things he feared or all the fears of the children.

He then turned to the kids. "She's right you know; I should have turned you guys in the first day I met you." Gabriela and Ricky looked confused and they didn't seem sure who to trust. So instead, they returned to watching the TV to let the adult sort out their own difficulties.

"Fine, I will." Elaynah said. She went to the door, and paused.

"Just mice." She thought, opening the door.

In front there was an 8 year old child...not just any child, it was her. Elaynah's blood ran cold as her father walked into the room. She was frozen, unable to move.

"GET OUT" he said. "NOW."

Small Elaynah got up, she had been crying. Elaynah watched, mouth gaped open, as this translucent figure walked out the door looking only at Elaynah, then disappeared passed the living room up the stairs.

Elaynah looked back and the figure of her father had disappeared. Trying to be strong with the kids there, she walked fast out the front shack door.

-----

James realized how heartless he had been; he had try to "show" her up and thought protecting the kids would be a way to get at her. But now realizing she had her own history, her own story, her own fears, her own rejections ... he was sorry he wished this on her. Exiting the house, he noticed there was no longer any reindeer or sled.

Coming close to Elaynah, he said, "I'm sorry ... I'm so sorry. I ... I was so insensitive."

Elaynah dried her eyes, taking deep breaths. She realized the mice was representation of what Gabriella was afraid of...the kids had been to past orphanages.

When she spoke, it came out quavering. "I just thought it was mice." She said. She broke down again, before finally composing herself.

"I don't know what this place is, but I don't want to see any more of it. We need to get these kids out of here. Dream/nightmare or not."

"You're right, Elaynah. I promise God that once we figure out how to get out of here, I will take those kids to your orphanage immediately. I was so wrong." He came closer thinking of giving a hug and asking for forgiveness. He ultimately thought better of it as she was definitely a momma bear and would defend her children and herself.

"Come in, we'll get the kids and ..." Looking around, there was no more sled, no more reindeer. He came up with an idea. "Maybe we can all will ourselves to wake up. To end our dream; even if one of us ends it, maybe it will end it for everybody else?"

"I understand her fear." She said. "I learned not to be afraid of mice a long time ago, but there are not any at mine. Never...Even if...better then the street." She pounded the wall in a moment of anger as dead wood fell down off the wooden wall.

After a bit, Elaynah was herself again. She looked at David. "We can try willing ourselves awake, but I don't know if that will work..." She said. "And I didn't see anything but forest in the air...I just know we have to get back in there with the kids."

----

David was a bit hesitant but said, "Elaynah. Will you ... will you walk with me into that big door? Maybe it will explain a little bit about me. Then we can decide how we're getting out of this mess?"

Elaynah was hesitant, unsure if she wanted to go back into that room. But she never turned down anyone who asked for help.

"Yeh...I'll do that." She said.

She walked back inside the door to see the kids still sitting on the couch.

"Whenever you are ready." She said.

He went up to the door and he slowly opened it. There he was ... as a kid, sitting on the ground, eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He was by himself; all the other kids were taunting him and jeering at him. He turned away; ahh ... a memory he had buried in him long ago of the chronicles of a lunch time every day. They taunted him without mercy.

Suddenly, a girl came up by little David and said, "I'll be your friend". She sat down next him and ran her fingers in his hair; she then starting laughing. "Now you have worms in your hair!" Sure enough, David reached up ... disgusted with himself, he left as the little girl and the rest of the school kids laughed at him. He went away, left school, to find an alley way to cry. He didn't care if he got in trouble; just as long as he got away from there. Big David didn't realize he had turned in a ball of tears in the middle of the floor. "Close the door! Close the door! What is this place? It's not Christmas."

He turned the corner of his eye and saw the TV ... there was a man on there also crying, with a crown of thorns on his head ...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elaynah closed the door with the two of them inside the now empty play room. It was quiet, and a bit of light shined in from a window in the room. She had seen Jesus on screen also, and wondered if there was a reason higher then the two of them as to why they were here.

"I am sorry that happened to you. Kids can be cruel." She said. "Are you okay? Want to talk about it?"

"I just wanted to be accepted, that's all. Just someone to sit at lunch with. I was different, so no one trusted me. That's why I was protecting those kids; can't have them hurt like I was hurt ... or you for that matter" David stated.

The room began to dim, the memories faded. A sweet breeze starting going through the room and there were flowers slowly growing and appearing all around.

Elaynah noticed the flowers around them. Nothing was surprising her now. She also noticed something on the wall she hadn't before. There was a sign that had what looked like a verse etched in chalk with vines growing all around. It said:

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

"I know..." Elaynah said to David softly. "I-I know..." She took a deep breath and spoke after a moment. "See that sign right there? I think God has brought us here..."

David walked up to the verse; he put his hands on the lettering and slowly read it. Looking at it and thinking for a moment, David sighed out loud, "I thought you had abandoned me." Tears began forming and an overall sense of joy began welling up inside of him. Instead of giving in to the uncontrolled emotions, he stated, "I'm sorry, Elaynah. Please forgive me for not trusting you or thinking you couldn't help my ... I mean, *the* kids."

"Of course..." Elaynah said. "I uh...I could never forgive my dad. He was abusive, he threw me away..." She swallowed hard and looked down. "But God put people in my life to help me get off the streets. He gave me a new family that took me to church and showed me God's love...He started using me to help other kids..."

Elaynah was going to continue when a soft voice seemed to fill the room.

"You do not need them to validate you. You need me."

Jaw open, Elaynah fell to her knees crying, unaware of David for the moment.

"I know." The voice seemed to comfort. "I know. Listen...listen...I know."

Then silence.

The voice then continued for David and said "I am with you always until the end of time; do not be fearful but believing." This caused David to also bow his head in reverence and awe. Suddenly, he felt someone tugging on his shirt and pants. Gabriela and Ricky were trying to get his attention.

"Can we explore the rest of the house? Can we?"

The lamb on the screen seemed to have gone asleep beside a still lake. Lorena remembered her ghostly past figure going upstairs, but also the sweet voice she recognized as God's voice.

"Lorena already went up, didn't she." Elaynah said with a sigh. She was no longer afraid of the house, but recognized how little time it took for a three year old to get into trouble. She then saw Lorena on the stairs waiting though and headed her way.

"Uhh ... it might be good for you to follow Ms. Elaynah. She's our friend, you know."

"But, we found YOU and we want YOU, not Ms. Elaynah" Ricky said. But Gabriela didn't say much, she tended to hold her feelings in.

"Your sister is right to take care of you; I wish I had a big sister growing up, Ricky! Take your sister's hand and let's follow and see the rest of this house.

Elaynah looked at them. She was a bit tired and emotionally worn. She held a lot of hope inside though, excited what God had shown them and meant good for them. She wasn't afraid of the house, just taking the wrong doors. What the voice said to David rung in her memory though..."I am with you always, even to the end of time. Do not be fearful but believing."

"Gabriella, would you want to follow me? I could follow you if you like...I just need to get Lorena."

David looked down at his heart; he began smiling and becoming emotional. He wasn't sure exactly everything that was happening to him, but he felt as if there was some sort of healing. Fr some reason, he knew everything was going to be okay with Lorena and Elaynah and the kids.

Stepping outside of the large room, the television kept playing cartoons - but they were more random images at the moment. He saw one set of stairs to the left of him in which he heard some sort of noise but wasn't exactly sure what they were. He also saw a passageway to the right of him; it was funny because it seemed not to wrap around the house, but went into it's own direction.

"Which way should we go?"

"To sleep." Elaynah said with yawn. For a dream she wasn't sure why she was getting so tired. "But it is up to you sweetheart. Maybe the tv here will point us to the right direction like it did before."

"Tiny, I'm scared to go through those rooms. I don't like cleaning, what if there are bugs in there or lots of dust?"

"Oh Morsel, you have to clean those rooms if kids are going to live here again. That's where they play and live."

The TV seemed to make clear to go down the corridors and down the paths that seemed to be a little darker. Moving down the corridor, there weren't a lot of rooms. But some rooms, each marked with a different word.

VIRTUE

LOVE

OBEDIENCE

"Hmm, not sure what these mean Elaynah. I guess - which door should we go through? Which thing do we need help with the most?"

"I guess it would be obedience for me." Elaynah said unsure. "I get this feeling God wants us to do something here and not sure what that is. I wish my pastor was here to ask. I was just fixing to go to him to talk about some things on my heart."

Elaynah stopped, not wanting to talk about it in front of David or the kids. She didn't want to go in the door at all.

"Love is usually the best door..." Elaynah thought to herself. "But that has never been my issue."

Elaynah seemed solitary and alone, just her and the door. Tears came into her eyes, her hand trembling to see what was inside the door of obedience. It was a cold and long silver handle. She reached out trembling and praying under her breath, so afraid, but opened it up anyway.

In front of her was a white resteraunt. It was all white with white tables and benches. There was no food, but just an overwhelming sense of peace and reckless love. Just an envelope that looked of no important value sat on the table. Elaynah opened it up, sitting at the table, and read what was inside.

Romans 5:19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

P.s. I just wanted you to choose the door. I love you....

David looked around at the immense place. He could feel in the air the presence of God like he never felt it before. Elaynah and David took their place at the table, the kids followed behind seeming to enjoy basking in the atmosphere.

David looked at his own table and picked up what appeared to be a menu. He opened up the menu and to a few pages, he saw large print words on the pages. In the large print pages, he saw ...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

P.S. - What the world says is love is not love ... obedience and love are the same place; I love you, David.

"Look Elaynah" David said, pointing to the menu. "I wonder if we would have just simply come to the same place no matter what door we went through?"

"You would have" was a voice behind them. It was a royal princess ... at least, she looked like one.

"We've been waiting for both of you to be here. You both need love; and obedience is the door to receive it. You're up first, Elaynah. I want to show you someplace, privately. Your children will be well taken care of here."

Elaynah nodded and got up in obedience, sticking the envelope in her pocket. "My heart is ready." She said softly.

She took Elaynah by the hand and brought her to a beautiful house; there were some people working on it. It looked like they were trying to carve it just right and someone else looked like he was the gardener. He stood up and said, "Oh my, I'm so sorry" he said as he was looking at the wide expanse of land. "It's not ready yet ... I've even forgotten some of the flowers you like. Can you remind me again, Elaynah?"

(All caught up :) )

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You need not worry" the royal princess said to the gardener. "She's not ready herself to live in this home being prepared for her." She showed the place to her. "It will be your perfect home because your heavenly Father will make it in a way that you will enjoy. In heaven, everything is customized for you and you alone ... you will feel most at home here. I wanted you to see this place the Lord prepares for those who love and obey Him."

She let Elaynah look around the place and discover the wonder of it all ...

[OOC: Mayflower, it is so nice to see you. Thank you for coming back. :) ]

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You need not worry" the royal princess said to the gardener. "She's not ready herself to live in this home being prepared for her." She showed the place to her. "It will be your perfect home because your heavenly Father will make it in a way that you will enjoy. In heaven, everything is customized for you and you alone ... you will feel most at home here. I wanted you to see this place the Lord prepares for those who love and obey Him."

She let Elaynah look around the place and discover the wonder of it all ...

[OOC: Mayflower, it is so nice to see you. Thank you for coming back. :) ]

(So sorry Peterjames. I read some of your posts. It was a rough week and made some pretty radical fear based decisions. I had to reevaluate some things. Still am doing that!!! I'm a bit better now though. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.)

Elaynah looked around. There were flowers of every type around. There was no way she could choose. Some of these varieties she had never seen before.The sweet fragrance along with being surrounded with feelings of peace and safety brought her to tears. "What is that box?" She asked? It seemed like a wooden rectangular box made out of the smoothest wood.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The princess went over to the box; it was on the larger side, it didn't just fit in someone's hand. She kneeled before it and unlocked the box, but didn't open it. It seemed very full ...

"These are your rewards ... but while your Heavenly Father would love for you to see them now, I think Jesus would love to give them to you. I will take one out though ... one to give you now ... for proof that you really did visit her." The princess gave her a smaller wooden box. "Open it with someone special ... now, I must bring you back and you must not tell David what you have seen. What he needs right now will not be shown to him here. It will be shown to him in the upper room where the kids sleep and play and celebrate ... and *you* will be leading them." She [https://i.etsystatic.com/14228562/r/il/a0e091/1521283658/il_570xN.1521283658_h5ed.jpg] gave a smile to Elaynah and immediately brought her back to an empty room ...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
il_570xN.1521283658_h5ed.jpg

Elaynah fingered the box trembling, and stuck it in her pocket along with the envelope from the room. She took one last glimpse of the house being prepared for her as the princess lead her away from the house and back to the room where David and the kids were at.

She just sat there staring at David, her eyes sparkling with the hope of what she had just seen.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The room seemed to quiet down and become a normal looking room; Elaynah, David, and all the kids were in the room. It seemed to be a normal play area now and it looked nothing like it had before.

Gabriela said "What's it like in an orphanage? I need to decide if I want to be in one." She smiled, but was still protective of her younger brother, Ricky.

David mentioned "Well, maybe this is supposed to be a house for orphans? At least, that's the way I felt when I first came in."

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The room seemed to quiet down and become a normal looking room; Elaynah, David, and all the kids were in the room. It seemed to be a normal play area now and it looked nothing like it had before.

Gabriela said "What's it like in an orphanage? I need to decide if I want to be in one." She smiled, but was still protective of her younger brother, Ricky.

David mentioned "Well, maybe this is supposed to be a house for orphans? At least, that's the way I felt when I first came in."

"Just think of it as a temporary resting stop. For kids as sweet as you, you won't be there long... But if you decide to, ours is on a ranch. We have horses and a playground...most importantly, people to talk to." Elaynah smiled assuringly at Gabriella. She fingered the box in her hand.

"And you know... This was given to me as a special reward, but I want to give it to you as a gift..." Elaynah said. "Just a reminder to always have hope and to go forward boldly, because you are never alone."