Earths Pole Flip

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Why Does Earth's Magnetic Field Flip?John Roachfor National Geographic NewsEarth's magnetic field has flipped many times over the last billion years, according to the geologic record. But only in the past decade have scientists developed and evolved a computer model to demonstrate how these reversals occur. "We can see reversals in the rocks, but they don't tell us how it happens," said Gary Glatzmaier, an earth scientist and magnetic field expert at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Morehttp://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...field_flip.html

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I'll give my two cents on this, but these are just my opinions. Being an electronic tech myself, I realize that the polarity of magnetic fields is related to the direction that electrical current flows. The clue is in the molten interior. That is sloshing around and I presume that the direction changes in accordance with the laws of physics regarding the earth's motion. An example and crude analogy is precession where the axis wobbles due to the pull of the moon. It is not often, as it revolves once in about 26,000 years, but I would guess that this mechanical set of complex motions can make our interior sludge also change, and thus affecting the current direction as well.I wouldn't make this an end-time issue. I think this is just natural.
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Im not so sure Tim if this happens and to my understanding this has not happened sense men have been on earth the results from what Ive read, would be eathquakes, volcano's & 500 mile and hour winds destroying everything in its path.I would expect to at least see dramtic climate swings But then its all speculation based on lab results.