Easter ? What are we celebrating?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm good! You reacted 100% the way I expected and led you to react. Man, I'm good at psychology, what at Greek!

Basics: Read the NIV Mark 15:42 interpreting the Greek as an Imperfect, 'evening approached' I think it says, meaning, 'evening was approaching' renderable ONLY with an Imperfect or Future in NT Koine Greek. Well, make me and the KJV liars, or face the truth the NIV is Antichrist perversion of the Text.

Make of me whatever you find pleasure in. Despise my ignorance of Greek. And call the Punctiliar Ingressive / Constative Aorist in Mark 15:42 and John 19:31 "'nonsense'". Yes, do it HERE where 'people' may read and decide for Scripture Truth or devil's murderous Lie.

Thank you that you are doing just that; I pray your own 'stuff' eventually might bring you to different understanding.

I don't get any pleasure in seeing someone display their ignorance - and keep on doing it even after being corrected. This is nothing to do with NIV versus KJV. "Punctiliar ingressive" and "constative aorist" simply do not exist in Greek grammar.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes O righteous one. Be my guest. I am sure it will make you feel better putting everyone right.
Just keep it honest and stop running away from the questions and I won't bother you . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the verb "to be" can't have an aorist tense

Wigram's Greek Lexicon Section 12 Remark 3 on 'eimi', 'to be', 'The verb substantive has neither perfect, pluperfect, nor aorist. The imperfect supplies the place of these tenses."
That to me says, 'ehn' occupies the place of Aorist.
However, I did not deny 'ehn' in Mark 15:42 functions as Imperfect; I expressly stressed that 'ehn' has the meanings of BOTH Tenses.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't get any pleasure in seeing someone display their ignorance - and keep on doing it even after being corrected. This is nothing to do with NIV versus KJV. "Punctiliar ingressive" and "constative aorist" simply do not exist in Greek grammar.

Well, I do get pleasure in seeing someone display ignorance - and keep on doing it even after having been shown there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Buy the buy, "Punctiliar-", "Ingressive-" and "Constative Aorist" simply illustrates a vacuum in your Greek grammar instruction.

This is everything to do with NIV, Roman Catholic FRAUD versus KJV, Protestant FACTUAL TRUTH. This, and dozens similar Textual perversions found in twentieth century New and Old Testaments.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I do get pleasure in seeing someone display ignorance - and keep on doing it even after having been shown there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Buy the buy, "Punctiliar-", "Ingressive-" and "Constative Aorist" simply illustrates a vacuum in your Greek grammar instruction.
This is everything to do with NIV, Roman Catholic FRAUD versus KJV, Protestant FACTUAL TRUTH. This, and dozens similar Textual perversions found in twentieth century New and Old Testaments.
The fact that you can't even get "Catholic" vs. "Roman Catholic" right shows me the depth of your ignorance . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am autistic. We do not know how to be dishonest.
Okay - then show me . . .
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate your birthday?
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate your wedding anniversary??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate graduating college??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate getting a new job??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate your retirement??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate paying off your mortgage??
Where
does it say in Scripture how to handle a job interview??
Where
does it say in Scripture how that everything we believe and practice must be explicitly written on the pages of Scripture??

So far - you've dodged these questions - which is pretty good for a person who claims that their NOT capable of it . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sorry, I try not to do uncivilised argument. But I also try not to let people get away with nonsense. Obviously you don't know any Greek yourself, so where did you get this stuff from? A "punctiliar" tense means "referring to a point in time", not "making their point"! The Greek aorist suffix is actually 's', not 'ehn', and the verb "to be" can't have an aorist tense anyway, because 'being' is always a continuous state.

What herein would you say, Deborah, is the most obvious 'nonsense' you might have thought that you, 'got away with'? Think what it is in this post of yours which in my past posts, I, as it might seem to you, did not, or even --as it might have seemed to you-- was not able, to answer and refute? Do you think there is still some of my nonsense stuff that I, actually got away with without a word?
You have had three days and three hours to ponder…

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay - then show me . . .
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate your birthday?
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate your wedding anniversary??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate graduating college??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate getting a new job??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate your retirement??
Where does it say in Scripture to celebrate paying off your mortgage??
Where
does it say in Scripture how to handle a job interview??
Where
does it say in Scripture how that everything we believe and practice must be explicitly written on the pages of Scripture??

So far - you've dodged these questions - which is pretty good for a person who claims that their NOT capable of it . . .

Where does it say in sripture you have to be obnoxious?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in sripture you have to be obnoxious?
Just proving a point that you never actually answer questions.

If you feel that my demanding answers from you is "obnoxious" - then perhaps, a debate forum is NOT the best place for you to be wasting your time . . .

Reactions: historyb

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just proving a point that you never actually answer questions.

If you feel that my demanding answers from you is "obnoxious" - then perhaps, a debate forum is NOT the best place for you to be wasting your time . . .

I never waste my time as I am involved in too many things to waste my time.