Eathquake Watch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I will use this thread to notify when I see earthquakes risk rising so you can be prepared Remember no one can predict earthquakes ...Mother Nature follows Gods commands and we are left to try to read the signs ... But I do watch the charts and and can often tell when one maybe coming Problem is I can only guess where they are going to hit ...Its also a guessing game to predict if a quake will release in a series of mid size quakes or one big one ..So I will attempt to just let you know when the highest danger zone exists as a reminder to be ready ..Let your kids know what do in case ..check your supplies ect. God Bless may we all stay safe

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
1/17/09There is an extreme high risk of an Earthquake of 6 .0 plus (that above a 6.0)happening anytime within the next 72 hours (inparticular the next 48hours)my best questaminet would be South Pacific but it could be anywhere so dont be to confindent of my quess's it could be anywhere from PNW to Mexico or along the ring of fire I Will update if it happens and where so you'll know the Danger has subsided Californian to Mexico be on alert

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I have not followed Jim Berkland's work for a while now but he was having uncanny success predicting earthquakes. I do not know whether he is a Christian or not , but his work caught my attention with it's accuracy.Here is a bit of his bio:-------------------------Geologist Jim Berkland was suspended from a California Government Geology Job when he made a prediction that a major quake would occur during the 1989 World Series in the Oakland Bay Area. It hit and the government told him to not make any more predictions. Now that he is retired, he publicly states quake windows. Mr. Berkland uses tidal flooding tables based upon Lunar Perigee (time when the moon is closest to earth to affect more gravitational pull on the earth). --------------------------I heard him recently on the radio saying there is something in store for Yellowstone. Lots of siesmic activity.Like I said, I am not up to date on his latest work , what I appreciated was his openess to scrutiny by showing his predictions as well as the results for all to examine.My interest is more focused on the portion of eschatology which speaks of increased earthquake activity as the day draws near.Martin.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes I know who you are talking about and I also am watching the increased activity the physical reacting to the spirtual ?

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
(Christina;67943)
Yes I know who you are talking about and I also am watching the increased activity the physical reacting to the spirtual ?
Interesting you said that , my thoughts exactly.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Christina;67931)
1/17/09There is an extreme high risk of an Earthquake of 6 .0 plus (that above a 6.0)happening anytime within the next 72 hours (inparticular the next 48hours)my best questaminet would be South Pacific but it could be anywhere so dont be to confindent of my quess's it could be anywhere from PNW to Mexico or along the ring of fire I Will update if it happens and where so you'll know the Danger has subsided Californian to Mexico be on alert
This one seems to have played out near New Zealand we will see if this is it or more coming Magnitude 6.7 Date-Time Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 14:11:45 UTCMonday, January 19, 2009 at 02:11:45 AM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 30.108°S, 178.000°W Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program Region KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND Distances 95 km (60 miles) S of Raoul Island, Kermadec Islands170 km (105 miles) NNE of L'Esperance Rock, Kermadec Islands1005 km (620 miles) NE of Auckland, New Zealand

Catalyst

Jan 13, 2009
(Christina;67930)
I will use this thread to notify when I see earthquakes risk rising so you can be prepared Remember no one can predict earthquakes ...Mother Nature follows Gods commands and we are left to try to read the signs ... But I do watch the charts and and can often tell when one maybe coming Problem is I can only guess where they are going to hit ...Its also a guessing game to predict if a quake will release in a series of mid size quakes or one big one ..So I will attempt to just let you know when the highest danger zone exists as a reminder to be ready ..Let your kids know what do in case ..check your supplies ect. God Bless may we all stay safe
Do you know of any good links in regards to the increase in frequency of quakes?

Catalyst

Jan 13, 2009
(Christina;68011)
See the link on post #6
Thanks for that - just what I was looking for as some are saying there is actually a decrease in quake activity ;-)I have placed that link on my site now

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Christina;67994)
This one seems to have played out near New Zealand we will see if this is it or more coming Magnitude 6.7 Date-Time Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 14:11:45 UTCMonday, January 19, 2009 at 02:11:45 AM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 30.108°S, 178.000°W Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program Region KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND Distances 95 km (60 miles) S of Raoul Island, Kermadec Islands170 km (105 miles) NNE of L'Esperance Rock, Kermadec Islands1005 km (620 miles) NE of Auckland, New Zealand
Final update on this event stress has reyurned to normal levels for the last several hours doubt they will stay that way for long ....but this event is over1/19/09 two major global earthquakes were epicentered within the Southwest Pacific Plate region near the Kermadec and Loyalty Islands.18 JAN 2009 ( 18) KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND MAGNITUDE 6.7 (GS) 19 JAN 2009 ( 19) SOUTHEAST OF LOYALTY ISLANDS MAGNITUDE 6.9 (GS) There have also been twelve moderate seismic events during the same time period.In Alaska, three volcanoes are currently listed as under advisory, including the Cleveland, Redoubt, and Shishaldin Volcanoes. Two moderate magnitude earthquakes have also been epicentered within the Aleutian Islands Chain.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
I am following this topic with keen interest, Christina. The chart you posted HERE is particularly interesting and quite telling of the times we are in.I have had a fascination with earthquakes and, in particular, volcanoes since I was little. Since becoming Christian, these events have significantly more meaning to me and are even more intriguing as we witness the signs that God has foretold would occur as we approach the return of Christ.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
I just found an interesting page which can be found here.Here's a couple of quotes from that page:
About the "End Times" Speaking of the signs that will happen, leading to his return to judge the peoples of earth (at the end of the age), Jesus is quoted as saying ‘in various places there will be famines and earthquakes - these things are the beginning of birth pangs’ (ref: Matthew 24). Now, because birth pains begin small and then increase in intensity and frequency, this passage can be interpreted to mean that earthquakes (and famines - caused primarily through lack of rainfall in certain areas) will increase both in frequency and impact/strength prior to Jesus’ second coming. Although Jesus is clear that no one will know the day or the hour, and his return will indeed happen “when you do not expect”, he does give us broad pointers, one of these being natural events – like earthquakes.
and:
It is not beyond possibility that a massive earthquake of magnitude 10.0 ( 10 )or 10.1 on the Richter scale could be produced on the planet, in extreme circumstances. This level of quake would cause damage to the earth's crust on a truly global scale, with the fault line likely to circle the entire planet, causing massive destruction on many continents and probably unbelievably high death tolls - although, by contrast, the energy produced by such an earthquake as this is only a tiny fraction of the energy the earth receives every day from the sun in the form of light and heat!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well Im not sure whats going to happen here. In S. Calif has had nearly 100 small to micro quakes in the last few days ... A little father North west on the coast we have a fault on the move its called creep normally it moves 1 or 2 MM in a year it has moved 7 to 8 MM in less than a week and still movong (see link)the charts went off the charts a few days ago, to the point I thought perhaps the equipment malfunctioned but it did not ... Something major is changing what it is how its going to affect us yet I do not know ... But stay prepared for anything ..If I see anything i think is immentant will post.................................................click on the little center Red square and a chart will show you how much creep has occured in the last few days starting about the 18th ( the line should be straight) http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/deform...ring/?region=SJ

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
That creep is certainly telling of the movement going on inside our earth at this time. All of this movement and activity certainly seems like birth pains to me....Matthew 24:4-8QUOTE
4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
I just updated the USGS earthquake graph with the data from 2007, 2008 and 2009. It is interesting to note that already this year, there are almost double the amount of major quakes than the average per year for the whole of the last century!!Here's the new graph....
earthquakes.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks Aus I have the link up somewhere but not good with the pic uploads :)much appreciated

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;68634)
Thanks Aus I have the link up somewhere but not good with the pic uploads :)much appreciated
ChristinaUse the [IMG ][ /IMG] tags (without the spaces) Put the link in the middle of those tags.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
(Martin W.;68625)
Thank you Aus for the excellent graph. Much appreciated.
The graph was not created by me. It was created by the USGS but had no data past 2006. However, they do have the numerical data on their website right up to current day so I collated that data and amended the graph with the 2007, 2008 and 2009 results. (Christina;68634)
You're welcome
smile.gif
I got the data from the links you provided.