Electronics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This could very well be the case for many people. And let's not forget that probably 95-99% of TV programming is just garbage -- nothing edifying. Plus the fact that the Mainstream Media (MSM) are now specializing in fake news, and you really have a Witches Brew.

That 1% has to be PBS. I think I have all the theme songs down. Sesame Street for sure. :D

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you looked into Pureflix? Some wonderful things on there. I will watch an occasional movie on there from my Laptop. Last one was I believe titled Shades of Gray---kind of a modern day story of Joseph-who was sold into slavery by his bro's in the O.T. Nothing BUT Christian or family friendly stuff!

I actually go to the library for internet since it is a block away. Other then that I am on my phone, so pureflix would use way too much data. We have a good collection of movies though. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is nice to feel so young on here. :D But with age comes wisdom too, and very nice intellectual discussion for a stay at home mom. :D When school starts online next month though, I won't have to think about how much time I am spending in leisure time on the internet. I won't have any. :D

But yes, this forum is great. This subject has always been on my mind though. I believe to teach my daughter to renew her mind daily and lead by example by renewing my own mind daily with scripture and prayer, is going to be her best weapon in battling the age where electronics and media are idolized.

Yes! BTW- no matter how old we get, I don't think we ever stop learning...and I know some Christians who have been Christians for decades who become stagnant and think they have been a Christian for so long that, there is nothing else to learn...then you have Christians following Jesus for 3 years and they grow in leaps and bounds! Spiritually I mean, lol.

When school starts online next month though, I won't have to think about how much time I am spending in leisure time on the internet. I won't have any. :D

Lol...well, there ya have it! God will keep you busy and your daughter can do all sorts of things with you! Not sure how old she is? We, me and sibs. were always outside, and my dad could not afford a TV until I was about 4 or 5...even then, it did not interest me, lol...iI just get to anxious sitting in front of a screen not using at least my brain!!! My friends and fam. think i'm weird that I don't watch TV! lol Pray, pray and pray some more- watch how He works!!!!
Just believe! ♥♥

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! BTW- no matter how old we get, I don't think we ever stop learning...and I know some Christians who have been Christians for decades who become stagnant and think they have been a Christian for so long that, there is nothing else to learn...then you have Christians following Jesus for 3 years and they grow in leaps and bounds! Spiritually I mean, lol.

When school starts online next month though, I won't have to think about how much time I am spending in leisure time on the internet. I won't have any. :D

Lol...well, there ya have it! God will keep you busy and your daughter can do all sorts of things with you! Not sure how old she is? We, me and sibs. were always outside, and my dad could not afford a TV until I was about 4 or 5...even then, it did not interest me, lol...iI just get to anxious sitting in front of a screen not using at least my brain!!! My friends and fam. think i'm weird that I don't watch TV! lol Pray, pray and pray some more- watch how He works!!!!
Just believe! ♥♥

My daughter is 9 months old. She is our first. We plan on having one more. :) Yes, the moment we stop trying to learn, that is when we stop growing too. I have much to learn thankfully. If I ever learn how to stay organized in my lifetime, now THAT will be a miracle.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter is 9 months old. She is our first. We plan on having one more. :) Yes, the moment we stop trying to learn, that is when we stop growing too. I have much to learn thankfully. If I ever learn how to stay organized in my lifetime, now THAT will be a miracle.
HAhaha...what mom IS organized with such a young one. I find it exciting to see what He will do next, see what self induced mess He fixes for me, lol...His love is so hard to wrap my mind around.
Just Awesome :)

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that electronics can be consuming and we should monitor our use of it, but electronics alone are not evil. I view it as money, it's what you do with it that matters. We basically have the whole world in the palm of our hands and can see anything we want (which is not always good).

I enjoy facebook because I stay connected with family that I can't often see and I like the Christian groups I'm in. Connecting with other believers around the world is cool. I'm guilty just like everyone else who has spent too much time on it. The fact that you're aware of it is good and you can set limits on how much you use it.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen